Welcome to PatsFans.com

Mr. Flip Flop

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  2. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The fact that this is the best the liberals can come up with actually makes me think Mitt has got quite a bit more than a puncher's chance. I'm not the biggest Romney fan but even the most partisan of liberals can't deny the Obama adminstration has been nothing but one epic fail after another.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

Once again the right shows how incapable they are about discussing anything regarding their candidates, instead continue to jab Obama.

:hijacked::hijacked::hijacked:
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

As I've said, I want Romney to be the nominee because he's spineless and innocuous, and his views are basically old style Republican, not the extremist Tea Party views. But, onto your insights:

"The fact that this is the best the liberals can come up with" -- actually that's not a fact, or at least you haven't substantiated your claim that it is. You might look up the word "fact."

"actually makes me think Mitt has got quite a bit more than a puncher's chance." -- I think most people already realized it; but for you it took a Youtube video.

"I'm not the biggest Romney fan but even the most partisan of liberals can't deny the Obama administration has been nothing but one epic fail after another." -- That seems to be a non sequitur, and your attempt at changing the subject by imposing your well worn subjective view.
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  5. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Why didn't Romney just say:

'I was governor and UHC was coming to Massachusetts. Remember that there's a big difference between a governor and a king. I couldn't stop it, so I decided to try to limit it as much as possible to minimize the damage until those knuckleheaded Democrats woke up and repealed it.'

Assuming, of course, that this is a fair depiction of his view on UHC.
  6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +489 / 2 / -9

When one of these Republicans wins the Presidency don't blame the people, it is OBAMA who will put them in there, he has been a total disaster.

Jesus Willing
  8. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +305 / 3 / -13

When will people understand that changing one's mind isnt always a bad thing? Presidents make mistakes...governors make mistakes...even economists make mistakes.

What is important is leading the country in the right direction, period.

Sadly, there is no roadmap as to which direction is "right" and which is wrong.
  10. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well I guess that makes two of us. He's far from my ideal candidate, but I don't see any other republican with any chance whatsoever in the general election. So Romney is this country's best hope of saving us from the man who could arguably be the worst and most divisive president in American history.
  11. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +305 / 3 / -13

I don't think our POTUS is divisive. I blame it on the apocolyptic times we're living in. People are afraid and fear always breeds anger. I believe fear is the single most dangerous emotion humans can have.

Just my 2 cents....
  12. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +426 / 6 / -7

When someone says Obama could be "arguably" the worst president in US history... that should tell you all you need to know.
  13. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Once again my own personal stalker continues to follow me like a little lapdog, desperate for attention. Sorry, Fido, but if someone is talking about potential republican nominees, then discussing that person in terms of how they match up against Obama isn't even remotely considered hijacking.

By the way, stalking is a form of harassment and is against forum rules. Please do better to obey the terms of use in this forum. Thank you.
  14. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'd say people were afraid during the Civil War. People were probably afraid during World War 2 as well. And as far as my own lifetime is concerned, I know people were scared sh*tless in the days immediately following September 11, yet we as a nation were more united then than at any other time I can remember.

A great leader will unite people in such times. A mediocre leader will be able to keep things together. But a horrible leader, like Obama, will result in the divided country we currently live in. Fact is that the community organizer is in way over his head, and all the rest of us will suffer for his incompetence.
  15. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +426 / 6 / -7

So, by your definition, Ronald Reagan was not a great leader.

Good to know.
  16. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You better be careful or Darryl will accuse you of hijacking this thread. What does Ronald Reagan have to do with anything? :confused:

Regardless, I don't see how you come to that conclusion. Reagan carried 44 states in 1980 and 49 states in 1984, winning in '84 by the biggest electoral landslide in history. When 49 states all vote for the same guy, only a complete moron would call that a divided nation, wouldn't you agree?.
  17. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +426 / 6 / -7

Terrific argument. So if Obama wins handily again in 2012, we can conclude that he's a great leader. Good stuff, as usual.
  18. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +193 / 2 / -2

agreed -- what matters (to me, anyway) is the reasons behind changing one's stance

That said, if the changes always "happen" to coincide with what's best politically for the candidate, he's not going to have much credibility.
  19. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes, it is. Only a moron would call someone who won 49 states "divisive" wouldn't you agree?
    If Obama wins 49 states like Reagan did in 1984, I will gladly come in here and apologize for saying he is divisive and declare him to be a great leader of men who has united the country. Heck, I'll even do that if he wins 44 states, which is what Reagan won in 1980.

But if he fails to win even 30 states, will you come in here and agree that he is divisive? Put up or shut up, Jack. Put your money where your mouth is or crawl into the corner and ST*U so the grown ups can talk.
  20. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +241 / 8 / -26

George Bush I assume??? the guy that led us to a war based on lies, the guy who created an unfunded liability of 5 trillion dollars and caused the economic decline of this country, whose actions resulted in the deaths of 150K Iraqi women and children and over 4500 American Soldiers Deaths..

The guy who administration pushed the "Haliburton Exception" to the Energy Act of 2005, so the hydrofracking companies who are polluting our ground water do not have to divulge what chemicals they are using. The same folks who are now threatening to pollute the Delaware River watershed that may effect the watersupply of up to 26 million people..

George Bush was so wonderful, not one candidate has invoked his name, nor have the invited him on their podiums.. instead they invoke Ronald Reagan, who was even less popular than Bush was whe he was in office.