PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mr. Clutch!

dalero

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone in the history of baseball had so many clutch hits in such a short history? David Ortiz is by far the last batter any pitcher would want to face with the game on the line. What amazes me is that he usually does it with a 1-2 count on him.

words cant describe how good he is with the game on the line.im just glad hes a redsox with a brand new contract .

I know he's a spaceshot, but lets not forget Manny's little contribution to Ortiz's success. Ideally, Gordon would have just pitched around Papi there and taken his chances with the next guy; but if that next guy is batting something like 450 and slugging like 2000 over the last 5 games you can't give him a chance with a RISP. Gordon had to go after Ortiz, therefore Ortiz had a chance to win the game that he normally would have never been given.

Look at Ortiz's career pre-Manny:

1)Released (as in not traded away by) the Twins,

2)Sat on the bench behind Jeremy Giambi for heaven's sake!

and then he was installed beneath the mantle of Manny's prodigious protection. Seriously, I expect to see Ortiz play the part of Bette Midler singing 'wind beneath my wings' as Manny plays the part of Carson at his Hall of Fame induction ceremony.

ok the last part there wasn't very serious, but ask yourself how famous would Ortiz be if all of his big HR's were converted into intentional walks? And then ask yourself why any pitcher with 1/2 a brain would pitch to him if say, Alex Cora was batting behind him?

he did it in a pitchers count also like most of his clutch hits .he is by far the greatest clutch hitter in the game today .some have it some dont .ortiz has it.

How do you like that sh*t. He did it again!
We're going to have to boost his status to Sainthood.
Anybody with me?

He's amazing. Super clutch. He's the anti-ARod. Whenever that overpaid bum comes up in a big spot, he either GIDP or strikes out swinging.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back