PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
O’Connell may yet get a shot to start a few games this season which could also be interesting to watch.

Only if the games become meaningless, I think.

BB's confidence in him is not any cause to believe it?

Mark me down as someone who will NOT be suprised if Cassel plays well in Brady's absence. Not up to Brady's unmatchable standards, but above average NFL QB.

I hope you are right.

Thinking back on the hit on Bledsoe in 2001, I suspect I had a similar reaction that I did today to Brady's injury (although I hope even now it is not major, but hope is giving way to reality). I do not recall Brady's preseason statistics in 2001, but I do not recall cheering the transition. Bledsoe was the face of the franchise, and it did not look like he was going to return that season after the Jets game. Remember, Brady was the 199th pick in 2000. I suspect anyone claiming that injury was a good thing at the time has rewritten their personal version of the past.

I also cheered when Cassel hit that bomb to Moss. It was starting to look like the series would end in a safety, so it was great to see it. Seeing the defense hold the line to win ended the game on a positive note.

I do not expect Cassel, or whoever takes the helm if it is a season ending injury, to be another Brady. I will give some credence to the head coach as to why Cassel survived the cuts (I thought he was gone for sure). With some preparation and more reps, let's see what he can do. If the defense can step up, maybe we can be a better version of the 2006 Bears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back