PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moving Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

stumeister

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
After an embarrassing loss with many lack luster performances including players, cordinators and game plans, who do you see stepping up as a leader?

1. Yesterday we saw Moreno carry the morale and team on his shoulders and rally the troops.
Who do you see that has the respect who has let their actions speak louder than words, who now needs to use words to rally our troops... Who do we have that WILL do this like Moreno did?

2. Which Coordinator will have the character and is going to dump out the vanilla and replace it with some hot sauce? This bend but don't break is not working things are broken.

Who are going to be the men on this team?

Yesterday was an ugly game in a place the Patriots traditionally don't play well in. I'm not going to overreact.
Think the Vikings game will tell us a lot more about this team. Not facing a great team but it's on the road, a fast track and coming after a loss. Think that game will tell us a lot more about this Patriot team and it's genuine issues.

Vellano doesn't belong in the NFL. He sux, not even a practice squad. There is Noway Vellano should have a roster spot before Worthy or Quarles or Kelly who may not get sacks at his age but is at least stout. As for the big boys stepping up I think.......

Kenbrell thompkins has lightning burst off the line and suddenness in his routes to get early separation, they should use that in the game plan til Online comes around

Dobson is 6'3 with speed and burst and can beat a defender early or deep if he gets single coverage.

Cannon will settle in at LG, its new for him from playing RT. He should have been a guard already

Fleming has prototype size power talent of many standout guards who played tackle in college. Osemele and Carpenter are latest to standout. Fleming has similar talent and size. He is the only player on this team capable of playing RG very well. I think they need to get him to speed.

Vereen can get quick separation out of the backfield, they need to take advantage of him, he also is a deep threat on occasion the defense must account for.

Jones is not a 3-4 DE or DT. He and Collins needs to rush from the olb positions in a 3-4 as they are most athletic bestbrushers on the team. If they go back to 4-3 Jones should be one edge rusher and Ninko,Moore, and Buchanan could compete for other end. If Buchanan wins Jones should play strong side. Moore plays strong side opposite Jones if he wins. Since they seem to feel they want an upgrade over the try hard Ninkovich. Then Collins still plays olb in the 4-3;where he will be a dangerous blitzer and free to roam and cover

Wilfork and Siliga are most stout DTs and should start til Easley proves he can contribute as a rusher. Playing Chandler at DT negates best playmaker. Once the Dline is stout again Bill can start dialing up the blitzes

Chung should not be starting. If he truly is better than Harmon, Bill should be ashamed of his poor drafting. If he is starting due to his experience he needs to be benched to get Harmon acclimated.

Logan Ryan has most upside to be our #2 cornerback. He needs more reps as well bad Harmon. Bill knows Chung can't do it, he needs to find out what he has bin Harmon and Ryan. If Ryan steps up again at Cornerback and can man #2 role, Browner can move to SS if Harmon is a flop at SS like Chung. Then the blitzes can really get cranked up. Hard to blitz when dline is being blown off the ball. Settle the Dline let Revis,Ryan,and Browner start pressing while blitzing, completely takes away Wallace's speed.

Mayo needs to get up to speed and doesn't matter if in 3-4 or 4-3 another LB is needed. 4-3 you have mayo Collins and who else. Hightower is liability at LB and rush LB. He isn't explosive enough. I still like the 6' near 220 Chung to bulk to 230-235 and play LB. He is a great tackler/hitter he just can't cover at safety. His coverage skills would be OK for a LB. In the 4-3 he would be allowed to run and hit. Wilfork Siliga,Jones and Moore or Buchanan will free up LBs for Chung to do what he does best run hit tackle blitz. If they find 3 lineman stout enough for the 3-4 Chung can play inside next to Mayo with Jones Collins at rush OLB. That would be great speed and tackling at LB. Just some thoughts for better team

Oh BTW one thing I noticed, Vollmer does not look like vollmer. He is 30 with countless injuries. Fleming and Cannon can fix guard positions but Vollmer does not dominate like the Vollmer that impressed as a rookie. Bill should have taken a flier on Seantrel Henderson and or Antonio Richardson or any of the tall talented tackles instead of Jemea Thomas and Running back # 7 or 8 or whatever in white.

The team was within 3 points with 10 minutes to go, and they had the ball. They played an awful 4th quarter in the 90+ weather and humidity.

Clearly the situation calls for a major overhaul of the offense and defense, and the signing of street free agents to replace our starters.

The team was within 3 points with 10 minutes to go, and they had the ball. They played an awful 4th quarter in the 90+ weather and humidity.

To be fair, they didn't just wilt in the 4th quarter. They played an awful 2nd half. In the 3rd quarter the Pats' offense had 3 drives for 12 plays (4, 3, and 5) for 18 total yards and 5:39 TOP, resulting in a turnover and 2 punts. The defense gave up drives of 66, 34 and 50 yards, resulting in 2 FGs and a TD.

Man I don't know why I'm so bothered by this loss. Maybe it's because I had such high hopes for this defense and seeing them manhandled surprised the hell outta me, I'm not sure. One thing I do know about a BB coached team is they usually respond well after a loss. But still, this loss hurt. I really do hope the weather played a factor in the 2nd half, and they just don't really suck, really too much talent both sides of the ball to think they do.

Two of my friends want to wear Paper bags with the eyes cut out to the Raiders game. I told them they do and I will pull off the bags and whap them in the face with a plate of gooey cheese fries.

Yes, I'm not happy with the way we lost. But do we have to put half the fan base on suicide watch?

Back to my original questions hopefully Brady will shake up the offense and be the man there.

Who do you see doing it on the D

I've noticed again this year that they are prepared on offense for max 2 drives with their set of plays. After that they stop, give up the run, throw long balls and are not smart with what they do.

Also I think the problem is that they think Brady is a God and will do miracles from very little they (coaches, players) give. When it appears they have to battle hard and something goes not according to the plan they melt down. That's why I started to think that a change of environment for BB would serve him well for his coaching career but it's a scary thought for us. I hope I'm wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes