PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Move up and get Leron Landry

Status
Not open for further replies.
The draft value chart went out the window as soon as the new CBA was signed.

I assume that people around the league have changed the values on the draft charts and are probably not using the same one jimmy johnson did.

I assume that people around the league have changed the values on the draft charts and are probably not using the same one jimmy johnson did.

I am sure that GMs are using different ones, however the one that Stevedogc quoted was the old one.

Keepour 2 1st pick,makes more sense...I would rather have two possible starter than one...

Keepour 2 1st pick,makes more sense...I would rather have two possible starter than one...
key word you said is possible syarters with landry your getting the real deal, polumolu, sanders, type thats what we need for the next 5 years qaulity is better than qauntity, also i think we dont need to give up the other one, a 2 and a 3 might do it plus we may get a 3 as a comp pick

even if we have to give up our 2nd pick, we need to do it. this guy is stong, buffed, loves to hit and runs a 4.35 he reminds me of a young Rodney

I agree totally. He's going to be great. It may even cost more than a 1st and 2nd to move into the Top 10. I need to locate my handy dandy conversion chart.:)

Would we be overpaying if we used Washington @ 6 as a trading partner and gave up both 1st rounders or a 1st and 2nd round pick since they don't have any 2nd rounders this year?

If a team could get the #6 overall for just a 1st and a 2nd, many more teams would have better picks to give than the Patriots would.

even if we have to give up our 2nd pick, we need to do it. this guy is stong, buffed, loves to hit and runs a 4.35 he reminds me of a young Rodney

I watched LSU play a couple of times, but never got a sense of what Landry was capable of in coverage. He always seemed to be "in the box" and blitzing. His measurables are off the chart I agree, but does he great coverage skills?

The cost to get Landry would be too steep in my opinion. I'd prefer we move up a few spaces to get Nelson. Unfortunately, if Landry is gone very early, it increases the chances that Nelson will be off the board early too.

key word you said is possible syarters with landry your getting the real deal, polumolu, sanders, type thats what we need for the next 5 years qaulity is better than qauntity, also i think we dont need to give up the other one, a 2 and a 3 might do it plus we may get a 3 as a comp pick

Ahhh, the name Brian Bosworth comes to mind....

Be careful here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back