PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Move Over Poston Brothers... McGinest(Sports Agent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Anyone see this by Mike Lynch on All Access?

Gary Uberstine, McGinest, and Snoop Dog are partners in a
player representation/marketing company, Willie
will be getting a cut of AV's new contract.

Following a successfull football career I can easily see McGinest doing well in the sports agent business. Above all else, Willie has great people skills and personality. As long as he can all the shots on how this will go...I can see him making huge dollars in the future and staying in the news....

Way to go Willie...looks like you will be around for many, many years.

Actually... that makes me a little ill. Willie making money off of sending AV to the Dolts... is... just... wrong, somehow. Get ready for the next one... Willie making money off hooking up Troy Brown with the Jests.

You know... I always wondered why Snoop Dogg was seen wearing a Willie McGinest jersey in 2 of his videos. I guess they're buds... maybe the USC thing too.

Maybe Ricky Williams & Onterrio Smith should be asking Willie about some helpful tips. ;)

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Actually... that makes me a little ill. Willie making money off of sending AV to the Dolts... is... just... wrong, somehow. Get ready for the next one... Willie making money off hooking up Troy Brown with the Jests.

Initially...it could cause problems. But in a few years, when forced to pay up, the Jesters would be seeing their players heading North.

Willie will get over it and have a good repore with Belichick. Not saying it will help Belichick sign people but Bill will find it easy to get his toe in the door of players he desires.

Uberstein is obviously using Willie to build business...but Willie will sack Gary in about 5 years and move on and up.

Pats/Hokies Fan said:
You know... I always wondered why Snoop Dogg was seen wearing a Willie McGinest jersey in 2 of his videos. I guess they're buds... maybe the USC thing too.

I think Snoop Dogg and Willie coach a Pop Warner team together or something like that (or maybe they played together when they were younger). I remember reading something about their friendship in PFW.

He needs to go to law school and go through a hefty amount of paperwork. Usually it's only college and maybe marginal pro athletes (see Condon), if they even have any playing background at all (see Rosenhaus) who become agents.

Last edited:
primetime said:
He needs to go to law school and go through a hefty amount of paperwork. Usually it's only college and maybe marginal pro athletes (see Condon), if they even have any playing background at all (see Rosenhaus) who become agents.

I think he'll just own or help run the company. Luring in the fish, softening
them up. Approaching new draftees...young kids may trust a former nfl'er with a great reputation. He'll let the lawyers be the actual legal agents.

primetime said:
I think Snoop Dogg and Willie coach a Pop Warner team together or something like that (or maybe they played together when they were younger). I remember reading something about their friendship in PFW.

they grew up together in long beach
and have been friends for quite some time

willie himself has actually appeared in some of snoops rap videos

They grew up togehter...I remember in Houston th3 SB on game day Kraft and Snoop doing hig 5s...SNoop had a team of teens there to meet the team and such..It seems odd that WIllie would get a cut..but it is small I am sure. Makes sense for WMcG to do it. A good future!!

T-ShirtDynasty said:

Business is business...

T-ShirtDynasty said:

So Willie actually made money off himself when he signed with the Browns. Brilliant!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down