Moulds trade to Texans done...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NE39

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Here is the link, which is a admittedly a little off-track:

LINK

It doesn't say what Buffalo got in return.

does sound off track..he isnt a FA. He cant rework a deal before being traded. Hes gotta get traded then rework his contract and thats not the order in this so far

Remix 6 said:
does sound off track..he isnt a FA. He cant rework a deal before being traded. Hes gotta get traded then rework his contract and thats not the order in this so far

Why couldn't he re-work his contract then get traded?

Willie55 said:
Why couldn't he re-work his contract then get traded?

The Bills gave him (and his agent) permission to seek a trade and work out a contract re-negotiation with the team he wishes to be traded to. If they didn't then it would have been tampering.

FreeTedWilliams said:
The Bills gave him (and his agent) permission to seek a trade and work out a contract re-negotiation with the team he wishes to be traded to. If they didn't then it would have been tampering.

To me, remix6 made it sound like the rules stated they have to trade him then re-work the deal which I've never heard of before. Maybe I'm just reading too much into what he wrote.

what i meant is there would likely been a report that they reworked his contract..then another 1 soon after saying traded.

my bad

Remix 6 said:
what i meant is there would likely been a report that they reworked his contract..then another 1 soon after saying traded.

my bad

Well don't let it happen again. ;)

well

Well if you hated playing in Buffalo there Moulds, you going to love it in Houston :rolleyes:

bogus report, not evidence of truth

Bills | Moulds still with the Bills
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 17:32:34 -0800

WGR550.com reports agent Harry Henderson said reports of Buffalo Bills WR Eric Moulds reaching a contract agreement with the Houston Texans are false. WGR also talked with the Bills, and Scott Berchtold, the club's vice president of communications, said reports of a trade between the Bills and Texans are also false.
Via http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

A few days ago Moulds was "locked in" in Philly.

Then a Philly paper reported the Eagles never approached Moulds, Moulds agent called them and started hyping his client. The Eagles weren't at all sure they even wanted him.

Now the Texans are wild to take a 34 year old WR? And reports turn out not to be true? Sounds like the Agent is doing lots of PR BSing, to me..

This article from the Houston Chronicle:

LINK

States it is pretty much done. They have agreed with Moulds on a 4-Yr/$14M deal with a $5M SB. They are offering the Bills a 5th, while the Bills want a 4th.

The article states Moulds is scheduled to arrive there on Monday, so they must be pretty confident it will be done by then.

mtbykr said:
Well if you hated playing in Buffalo there Moulds, you going to love it in Houston :rolleyes:

lol better get used to seeing this happen then Moulds :D

0920nfl.jpg

He's obviously being coy about it, but wants his $5 in New England money :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back