PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moulds tells Bills--Trade me or release me

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMoulds80Fan

Rookie
Reaction score
Per wgr55 out of Buffalo. What can you offer us ? How about Wilfork..... ;)

LOL

EMoulds80Fan said:
What can you offer us ? How about Wilfork..... ;)

Yeah...OK!! :eek:

Last edited:
EMoulds80Fan said:
Per wgr55 out of Buffalo. What can you offer us ? How about Wilfork..... ;)

LOL
How about Tyrone Poole? I think he'd be a great fit on the Bills IR.

:D

pats1 said:
Yeah...OK!! :eek:
He winked . . .

Not sure what the Patriots would offer, it probably depends on how the Givens thing goes. I doubt we'd offer a whole lot, though. For an aging player who'll want at least decent money. Maybe a #4, I can't see more than that.

Methinks if the Bills are half serious about that...they are trying to grab a lot for him. I do not think he has all that much value...a 3rd??? How about...nah..he's already gone as well.

Hey, Eric, why don't you simply return some of your signing bonus money which would make it even easier for the Bills to release you??

Miguel said:
Hey, Eric, why don't you simply return some of your signing bonus money which would make it even easier for the Bills to release you??

Jeeeze! You're SUCH a management tool, Miguel. :)

How much of a bonus was that?? Will the Bills have a lot of dead money if they cut him??

Moulds is scheduled to count $10.8 million against the salary cap and he's due to earn $7.1 million in cash (salary and bonus) for the upcoming season. That's apparently too rich for the Bills despite an increase in salary cap space by $7.5 million after the NFL's new labor agreement.
"We spoke a lot on Friday and just couldn't come to an understanding of what his fair-market value is," Johnson [Mould's personal advisor] said. "Unfortunately, the Bills believe Eric's value is totally opposite of what we think. He'd be grossly underpaid and grossly underappreciated."
7.1 Million in a year is GROSSLY underpaid?!?! Ummm....

Last edited:
T-ShirtDynasty said:
7.1 Million in a year is GROSSLY underpaid?!?! Ummm....

We'll he does have a boatload of child support to pay. :p

Grossly underpayed.....what the hell? I hate this personal advisor he has......sounds like a total tool.

"7.1 Million in a year is GROSSLY underpaid?!?! Ummm...."

That's what he's scheduled to make, the Bills want him to restructure and that number is apparantly what would have him "grossly underpaid."

Crazy Patriot Guy said:
"7.1 Million in a year is GROSSLY underpaid?!?! Ummm...."

That's what he's scheduled to make, the Bills want him to restructure and that number is apparantly what would have him "grossly underpaid."
Ahhhhh.... that's right. Wasn't thinking about that, I was just initially stunned at the thought that Patriots fans were praying to pick-up an aging wide reciever who thinks $7.1MM is chump change. :D

Moulds wants the heck out of Buffalo because he knows he'll never win a ring playing for that dysfunctional franchise. The Bills realize that Moulds' cap hit is far too high for an aging player on a team that is tearing down and rebuilding for the future.

So, both sides are forcing the issue by taking the stands that they are taking hoping that the other will flinch first.

Bobs My Uncle said:
Moulds wants the heck out of Buffalo because he knows he'll never win a ring playing for that dysfunctional franchise. The Bills realize that Moulds' cap hit is far too high for an aging player on a team that is tearing down and rebuilding for the future.

So, both sides are forcing the issue by taking the stands that they are taking hoping that the other will flinch first.

I can't argue one bit.

Moulds was having nightmares immediately beginning the night of the last game.​
He kept seeing this face...a face filled of pain and suffering.​
"I HAVE A DREAM"
marv2.jpg
Run Eric run...south...anywhere south.

Last edited:
Miguel said:
Does anyone know when the Bills owe Moulds this year's bonus? That would be the drop date for cutting him. Strangely, the article doesn't say.

PatsFan37 said:
Does anyone know when the Bills owe Moulds this year's bonus? That would be the drop date for cutting him. Strangely, the article doesn't say.
Local radio has stated that a $1M bonus is due Moulds at the start of camp. I believe that the Bills are upwards of $13M under the cap at the moment. As such the Bills could probably legitimately threaten to keep Moulds around until then. Maybe that's what the Pats are keeping their sal cap monmey for :D

Bobs My Uncle said:
Local radio has stated that a $1M bonus is due Moulds at the start of camp. I believe that the Bills are upwards of $13M under the cap at the moment. As such the Bills could probably legitimately threaten to keep Moulds around until then. Maybe that's what the Pats are keeping their sal cap monmey for :D

Ouch, that is harsh if they are doing that, cut the guy and let him make a living, unless gthey are trying to get him to renegoiate his contract. I doubt anyone would trade for him, becuase they would be stuck with the same contract, unless they let him shop around first.

Moulds is a great reciever, and one of those guys that you would think would relish a chance at the brass ring (ala Corey). I think the Bills know this and do not want to see him with the Pats. Remember the games Antonie used to lay on the Bills? I could see Moulds doing the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes