PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moulds rejects Bills' offer to restructure contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moulds has always played lights-out against us. But clearly, the 10.85 mil due makes this a phantom year on the contract.

Unless Moulds finally settles with some team ... at a figure less than the 3 to 3.5 per that Givens should command ... i'd rather have Givens.

Who would you rather have?

flutie2phelan said:
Who would you rather have?
For 2006 ? Moulds. And maybe 2007. Maybe. Beyond that, Givens.

We either need one or the other, I'd rather keep Givens though. We can't lose out on both of 'em.

I think Givens...but I also think some team will overpay him..so that is why I do NOT see him back. Moulds may be OK..but again..a bidding war?? And the team will NOT get him ither..unless he wants a good chance at a ring..which may be what he's after...will be interesting to see what he values. As far as DG goes, I wish him the best...but this is a big pay day for him and..he should go for it!!

Why not both? Branch, Givens, Moulds sounds good to me. I still wanna see Tom throwing to T.O. Call me a dreamer... :rocker:

Though aging, Moulds is considerably better than Givens. As such he'd be a monumental upgrade over Givens for a season or two.

If the Pats are fortunate enough to sign Moulds he'd be our #1 WR while Branch could thrive as our #2 in an ideal WR setup. I'm sure BB and company had this in mind last season when they went hard after Mason. Well, they could do the same this season with Moulds by the looks of it.

With a consistent 70-80 catches, Moulds is in a different class than Givens.

He and Branch would be 1a and 1b receivers - with Moulds having a 3 inch height advantage.

I would be willing to pay much more for Moulds than I would for Givens. Moulds' 2006 salary was expected to be in the $6 million range. I'm thinking that's the least he would expect in guaranteed money but if there's a new CBA I'd explore possibilities with him.

richpats said:
We either need one or the other, I'd rather keep Givens though. We can't lose out on both of 'em.

We not only can, we will lose out on both of them

PatsWickedPissah said:
We not only can, we will lose out on both of them

I don't know if all the FA speculation is getting to me (probably is) but I can't imagine losing Vinatieri, Givens AND McGinest this offseason. Two maybe, but to lose all of them would be devastating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back