PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moulds for only a 4th to 5th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
rookBoston said:
You forget that we got one Championship year from Ted Washington for a 4th rounder.

Now, riddle me this: was our 4th rounder on Dexter Reid better spent, or the 4th on one year of Big Ted?

And then calculate the fact that we got a 5th round compensatory pick for Ted after he signed with the Raiders, and tell me where you think that trade ranks among the best deals of all time...
I was about to post everything you just said. So...ummmm.....good post! Haha Yeah Big Ted was great for us and getting the comp pick for him made it even better. Any idea what player we drafted with the pick for Big Ted? Ryan Claridge?

Digger44 said:
Maybe the fact that if BB can pull of a Brady & a Givens later than 5, he may be able to get someone better in 5.

Digger, maybe you don't remember this, but the Pats thought Brady was going to become a backup QB in the NFL. And the Givens pick was made because they couldn't trade the pick away. So give the Pats credit for picking these guys, but the real credit goes to the players who work to become good players and the coaches who help them.

If you look at ALL the 2nd day picks the Pats have made since BB got here, you'll see the success rate isn't so hot. For every Givens and Samuel, you get five Dexter Reids, Jabari Holloways, PK Sams, and Kliff Kinsburys.

nickw308810 said:
I was about to post everything you just said. So...ummmm.....good post! Haha Yeah Big Ted was great for us and getting the comp pick for him made it even better. Any idea what player we drafted with the pick for Big Ted? Ryan Claridge?

I think you're right.

Despite Digger44's irrational response, I think MAC is right on the money. Digger44 overlooks MAC's obvious point - even BB flops on plenty of draft picks (chose a name from his list), while obtaining Moulds is about as sure a move a GM could make.

As for Buffalo turning down a third from us so they could send Moulds outside the division is a completely whacko idea, even Buffalo isn't that dumb. With all the holes they need to fill, a 3rd round pick has very realistic chance of helping the team soon while a 5th is pretty much a crap shoot. Besides, what would prevent Houston from turning around and shipping Moulds to NE for a 3rd round pick anyway?

No way we offered Buffalo a third. we may have offered a fourth and Levy figured Houston's fifth is only 12 spots later so there's really no difference there. Maybe that happened....

Last edited:
rookBoston said:
You forget that we got one Championship year from Ted Washington for a 4th rounder.

Now, riddle me this: was our 4th rounder on Dexter Reid better spent, or the 4th on one year of Big Ted?

And then calculate the fact that we got a 5th round compensatory pick for Ted after he signed with the Raiders, and tell me where you think that trade ranks among the best deals of all time...
Obviously a very good one...I think.hardly gave away anything for a year of TedW and a Superbowl.

Brady'sButtBoy said:
Despite Digger44's irrational response, I think MAC is right on the money. Digger44 overlooks MAC's obvious point - even BB flops on plenty of draft picks (chose a name from his list), while obtaining Moulds is about as sure a move a GM could make.

As for Buffalo turning down a third from us so they could send Moulds outside the division is a completely whacko idea, even Buffalo isn't that dumb. With all the holes they need to fill, a 3rd round pick has very realistic chance of helping the team soon while a 5th is pretty much a crap shoot. Besides, what would prevent Houston from turning around and shipping Moulds to NE for a 3rd round pick anyway?

No way we offered Buffalo a third. we may have offered a fourth and Levy figured Houston's fifth is only 12 spots later so there's really no difference there. Maybe that happened....

What would prevent it is Houston eating his entire $5M accelerated signinig bonus cap hit. For Moulds at 3 years $9M all salary no cap consequence we'd have to trade Houston more than a third. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes