Moulds a possible Patriot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian pat patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
do you think, if he will leaves BUF, he could become a Patriot and be the WR n.2 with Deion WR n.1 and Caldwell n.3 ?

i like the idea...Moulds could still play 2-3 years...

do you think Pioli and BB will show interest on him ?

i definitely could see that happening

problem is, he is still in buffalo, so if we did mention him, that would be tampering

i really would like to see Moulds with us.

a good combination Branch + Moulds could be perfect

let's see...

tatepatsfan said:
problem is, he is still in buffalo, so if we did mention him, that would be tampering
They could certainly talk to the Bills about what draft choice they would want for Moulds and get permission to talk money to see if something could be worked out.

Talking about a possible FA contract in the case of a release would be tampering, although that's what happened with Milloy and the Redskins before we released him.

I would love to see him come here

I'm surprised the player's union hasn't stepped in as the Bills are all but holding him hostage, potentially keeping him out of the FA market until all teams (all but the Patriots probably) have spent their money, potentially making a reduced salary from the Bills more enticing to him.

I suppose this isn;t all that new, as the Pats kept Milloy all through the offseason hoping to get him to accept a reduced salary to stay and then cut him just before the season started. But in their case they hadn't previously cut him the way the Bills did before the League turned back the clocks on pre Free Agency moves.

If the Bills are playing that game it'd serve them right to give Moulds insight into their plays and playbooks, only to cut him and have the Pats pick him up and use those insights against them.

JoeSixPat said:
I suppose this isn;t all that new, as the Pats kept Milloy all through the offseason hoping to get him to accept a reduced salary to stay and then cut him just before the season started. But in their case they hadn't previously cut him the way the Bills did before the League turned back the clocks on pre Free Agency moves.

Actually, the Pats believed they had a verbal agreement with Milloy and the Postons on a renegotiated deal. When it came time to actually sign the renegotiated deal, Milloy and the Postons backed out -- because the Postons had been shopping Milloy (tampering) and found a better offer from the Bills. So Milloy and the Postons dug their heels in and forced Milloy's release.

Why do you think that no Poston free agents or rookies ever visit Foxboro?

DB15 said:
I would love to see him come here

right.
i am absolutely with you.

Branch n.1
Moulds n.2
Caldwell n.3

not bad...

Moulds is a top talent -- true #1 receiver material, in the mold of Rod Smith. I'd expect, if he were to come here, that both he and Branch would be competing for the #1 receiver role. My hope would be that that competition would lead to lots of TDs for both receivers!

I would be very excited about Moulds joining the Patriots!

Moulds is under contract with the Bills. We would be totally nuts to trade a draft choice for him and pickup his current contract.

Until the Bills realease him, I don't know why we are even having a thread about his coming to the Patriots.

GoWhalers said:
Moulds is a top talent -- true #1 receiver material, in the mold of Rod Smith. I'd expect, if he were to come here, that both he and Branch would be competing for the #1 receiver role. My hope would be that that competition would lead to lots of TDs for both receivers!

I would be very excited about Moulds joining the Patriots!

so...let's hope that BUF will release him...

then lets' see if the Pats will show interest on him

i will be very excited too if Moulds will join us

italianpatthepatriot said:
right.
i am absolutely with you.

Branch n.1
Moulds n.2
Caldwell n.3

not bad...
that would be too good

as for this actually happening its just total bull**** fun for now lol

I sense Moulds will be cut after June 1 when his cap hit can be spread over two seasons

hallfamebrady said:
I sense Moulds will be cut after June 1 when his cap hit can be spread over two seasons

And maybe, just maybe, we sign him at that time? But, where will the money come from?? I know - from the dollars that the smart Patriots did not spend by overpaying for FA's over the past few weeks.

Be it Moulds or anybody else, point made so that maybe some of the idiots here can understand why there is no rush.

Slow and steady wins the race, the losers always set the pace. :D

DB15 said:
that would be too good

as for this actually happening its just total bull**** fun for now lol

this is true too but perhaps after 1st june it could come reality
let's see...

Just Moulds?

While we're having fun, how about Branch/Moulds/Keyshawn?

They ARE being awfully ornery about spending... just for fun, we may as well think bombshell.

Of course, this will look very silly once the actual plan comes to fruition (whatever the actual plan is.) Something tells me that a team with chronic leaks in the secondary, a need for youth at linebacker, AND no receiver depth, plus depth concerns on the offensive line, won't spend it all on a couple of big names.

Then there's the "perfect world" scenario in which the Pats snag both these guys, get Ashworth et al. to stay put, pick up some more value bin secondary guys (DeShea, we hardly knew ye,) and of course - this goes without saying in Patriots Dream Nation - have a brilliantly outstanding draft. Oh, did I mention that Bam Childress catches 70 passes after some starters get sore hammies?

As Steven Wright said, "You can't have everything. Where would you put it?"

But this is Patriots Nation, a place where we hang our heads in shame for losing in the divisional round. We've gotten use to seeing great things from the personnel gurus.

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back