Welcome to PatsFans.com

Mother of octuplets says public backlash to her is caused by recession

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DisgruntledTunaFan, Feb 25, 2009.

1. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Mother of octuplets says public backlash to her is caused by recession | L.A. Now | Los Angeles Times

Octuplet mother Nadya Suleman said the public outrage against her is being fueled in part by the bad economy.

“One of the primary reasons is the economy right now,” Suleman told Dr. Phil McGraw during an interview at a Whittier home. Many people fear, she said, that “that person is going to be a burden on society, a burden on [the] taxpayer, whether or not that’s true, it just looks as though that would be the case.”

“I don’t think that’s it,” McGraw said, adding that he believes people are angry because they think Suleman behaved selfishly by choosing to have octuplets when she already had six children, was a single mom and had no job.

Also during the interview, Suleman said she has been making plans to bring the babies home, meeting with social workers and looking to rent a new home that can accommodate all the babies and her six other children.

Suleman said three of the infants will be coming home soon. Kaiser officials could not comment.

She acknowledged that her situation does not yet seem real, in part because the children are still hospitalized and being cared for by a team of neonatal nurses.

The mother of the octuplets also said she had not tried to have eight children -- and said if she had known that she was going to wind up with octuplets when she ha six embryos transferred, she might have made a different choice.

“I would just keep paying the storage fee until the day I died,” she said.

She said she resents all the attention -- the paparazzi outside her house, the public’s obsessive interest in her and the label octomom. “I’m not a celebrity. I’m no one special.”
  2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +60 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

No i think theres a backlash because shes an idiot who already had 6 kids and no job. Then she has 8 more and starts a web site asking for donations to support her and the kids. Personally i think there is something not right with her, and the kids should be taken away,or give to family members.
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

that lady is loony tunes....
  4. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

No, the recession isn't causing her to look like more of a selfish pig than she is. She's doing a very good job of that on her own.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +263 / 10 / -26

About 4.5 cans short of a six pack, unfortunately the media has extended her 15 minutes to 30... she should be sterilized.
  6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey