PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Most Valuable Defensive Patriot this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
With all the records the offense has had this year the defense has better than most thought.
IMO, our most consistent player all year on D has been Wilfork. He is solid and the player that gets overlooked a lot.

My vote would be for Wilfork or Vrable, with Asante running a close 3.

I'd go with Vrabel, but Wilfork is up there. I think Vrabel deserves to be mentioned in league DPOY discussions. Granted, he would be one of the outside guys looking in because there are 3-4 guys who deserve it more.

vrabs 4 me

Wilfork pushes through and Vrabel cleans it up. :)

Last edited:
Have you guys all forgot about what a great year J. Green is having.
Remember the Colts game??

He played the 1st seven games because #93
was not available. Vrabel, Wilfork, Colvin, all these guys
were expected to produce.

J Green gets my vote.

He would be a starter on most any other NFL team....

I think Rodney is being criminally ignored here. Vrabel has been magnificent, but Rodney has looked his old self. He and Jimmy Sanders have been a superb pairing.

J Green gets my vote.

He would be a starter on most any other NFL team....

He certainly would. The Pats' D-line has been amazing the past 5 or 6 years, and their depth is incredible with someone like Jarvis Green on the bench.

Green stepped in for the first half of the season and I barely batted an eye. Great reserve.

Green.Has made critical plays and got sacks at critical times.

I think Rodney is being criminally ignored here. Vrabel has been magnificent, but Rodney has looked his old self. He and Jimmy Sanders have been a superb pairing.

Right on BritPat. I love Jarvis & Vrabs and Big Vince, but Rodney is the glue of this never-say-die D.

I am going to sound like the true homer I am, but have to vote for the whole defensive unit.. to single out one, will neglect another.. Vrabel, Wilfork, Samuel and Harrison have played outstanding, but there are reasons for this.. the other guys they play with contribute to each of their success.. to exclude one is flat out wrong.

Ignorant maybe - crimianl no. Remember, Rodney has not played the whole season so has not made his usual continbution.:snob:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes