PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Most Overrated Player in Nfl right Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegs

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I thought about this when i woke up and the first person that popped in my head was Nate Burleson. Maybe i was thinking most overpayed but he is defintely overrated.

Who is more overrated than Nate Burleson?

Keegs said:
I thought about this when i woke up and the first person that popped in my head was Nate Burleson. Maybe i was thinking most overpayed but he is defintely overrated.

Who is more overrated than Nate Burleson?

Ty Law (10 characters)

i would say someone like john lynch, but guys like that should fall into a category of guys that used to be good but now they are just a big name and number running around.

rookBoston said:
Brett Favre?
Through most of last year he was, but those 29 INTs and his ridiculous posturinghas tarnished his image a bit. Sonoone really thinks he is still the Brett Favr3e of old.

I'd have to go with Ty Law. Everyone thinks he is the 2001 Ty Law,including Ty and the Postons. How much more over-rated can he be if he is demanding 7 mil a year and 10 mil to sign?

rookBoston said:
Brett Favre?

He's at or near the head of the list but it's really a coin flip -

TO (leading the 'Boys to the Bowl),

Chad Johnson (who can stop 85? try any Bengals backup QB),

Reggie Bush (#tbd yet to take a snap facing an NFL D) also come to mind.

And no top 5 list would be complete without a Manning (Peyton or Eli). :D

Drew Brees ten characters.

No votes for Michael Vick? Astonishing.

michael vick. not even close

Last edited by a moderator:
PatsWorldChamps said:
michael vick. not even close

I don't know... Ray Lewis is pretty close.

Michael Vick by far. He'd make a better RB then a QB, the guy can't throw to save his life.

Ben Roethlisberger or Michael Vick.

PatsFanInEaglesLand said:
Ben Roethlisberger or Michael Vick.

Ben gets a nod as well.

I want to make a poll of most overrated players but it is so easy to leave someone out.....

so far i have..

John Lynch
Nate Burleson
T.O
Chad Johnson
Antwaan Randle El
Brett Favre
Michael Vick
Reggie Wayne
Lavar Arrington
Cato June
Dwight Freeney
Ray Lewis
Joey Porter
Jeremy Shockey
Donovan Mcnabb
Javon Walker
Darrel Jackson

I highly doubt you can find someone on here who hates peyton manning more than I do, but i just dont think we can say he is overrated. He is a good QB, granted he is a stat whore and a choke but until people say he is the greatest of all time, i wont say he is overrated.

And we haven't seen Bush play yet so i can't say he is overrated yet either.

Donovan McNabb
Warren Sapp (ok maybe he should have made this list a few years ago. Today he's probably not even rated)
Eli Manning
Randy Moss
The entire Redskin roster (oops, I'm confusing overrated with over paid)

Everybody pretty much knows those.

Javon Walker - an amazing number of career games with zero, 1, or 2 catches, and a huge number of catches and yards in garbage time.

You really can't even mention the word "overrated" without mentioning Michael Vick...

Has there ever been a quarterback who got this kind of money ($62m), for putting up these kinds of numbers?

Vick:
2001-2005:
Completion %: 54.1
Yards: 9031 (Average - 1806 per season)
TD: 51 (Average - 10.2 per season)
QB Rating: 75.8

-----------------------
By comparison, here are Brady's numbers for the same five season span (and I fully realize that comparing Brady to Vick is like comparing a five-star ocean-side resort hotel & spa to a back-alley hooker & crack motel, both in numbers and in character, but...):

Brady:
2001-2005:
Completion %: 61.9
Yards: 18035 (Average - 3607 per season)
TD: 123 (Average - 24.6 per season)
QB Rating: 88.5

-----------------------
Add into the fact that by all accounts, Vick is rapper-chain-swinging, jacked-up-Caprice-with-spinners-driving, leather-hat-turned-around-sideways-wearing, punkass ghetto thug, and it is completely amazing to me that he could get this kind of dough and recognition...

The fact that kids wear his jersey all over the place just reflects the sad social "creeping hip-hop-nosis" that is permeating our once great nation (but that's a whole other argument...)

Falcon fans should put his face on the side of a milk carton with the caption "Have you seen our quarterback during crunchtime?"...

(For more on the "Newport News, VA 7th Avenue Vick Bling-Bling Playahz", see: Vick, Marcus...)

I actually heard one scout say during the draft as he was speaking about interviewing Vince Young (and I am prarphrasing from memory):

"We thought we were going to get a kid all full of himself, like a Michael Vick type, but we were pleasantly surprised at how humble he was..."

A "Michael Vick type"...doesn't that just say it all...

-----------------------
ADPF

-----------------------
Sources:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2001/0508/1193460.html
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235253

(BTW, is it obvious I just don't like Michael Vick? Probably an old VaTech / UM thing!)

Last edited:
Armen Da Pats Fan said:
You really can't even monetion the word overrated without mentioning Michael Vick...
Has there ever been a quarterback who got this kind of money ($62m), for putting up these kinds of numbers?
Vick:
2001-2005:
Completion %: 54.1
Yards: 9031 (Average - 1806 per season)
TD: 51 (Average - 10.2 per season)
QB Rating: 75.8

-----------------------
By comparison, here are Brady's numbers for the same five season span (and I fully realize that comparing Brady to Vick is like comparing a five-star ocean-side resort hotel & spa to a back-alley hooker & crack motel, both in numbers and in character, but...):

Brady:
2001-2005:
Completion %: 61.9
Yards: 18035 (Average - 3607 per season)
TD: 123 (Average - 24.6 per season)
QB Rating: 88.5

-----------------------
Add into the fact that by all accounts, Vick is rapper-chain-swinging, jacked-up-Caprice-with-spinners-driving, leather-hat-turned-around-sideways-wearing, punkass ghetto thug, it's amazing to me that he could get this kind of dough and recognition...

Falcon fans should put his face on the side of a milk carton with the caption "Have you seen our quarterback during crunchtime?"...

(For more on the "Newport News, VA 7th Avenue Vick Bling-Bling Gang-Bangers", see: Vick, Marcus...)

I actually heard one scout say during the draft as he was speaking about interviewing Vince Young (and I am prarphrasing from memory):

"We thought we were going to get a kid all full of himself, like a Michael Vick type, but we were pleasantly surprised at how humble he was..."

-----------------------
ADPF

-----------------------
Sources:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2001/0508/1193460.html
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235253

(Can you tell I just don't like Michael Vick?)
One thing i will say is that i was very surprised when Vick led the Falcons to defeat green bay at home in the playoffs a couple years ago to end Green Bay's streak.. That surprised the **** outta me. If i owned a house i would have lost it in that game. I don't remember what vick's stats were tho.

There are a lot of overrated QBs led by the most overrated of all - Favre. Then I'd say Culpepper and McNabb are overrated. Vick is probably overhyped, but I don't think he's rated as a top 5, or even top 10 QB, so I wouldn't call him overrated.

The most overrated non-QB, IMO, is Randy Moss. Followed by Kris Jenkins, Urlacher, Ray Lewis, and Dallas' Roy Williams.

jeffd said:
I don't know... Ray Lewis is pretty close.

Absolutely, the guy can't take on a block. He's got to win this because he is compared to the greats of the game while he is all self-promotion. If you ever have a chance to hear Carl Banks rip him on sirius, it's enlightening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots