PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Most irreplaceable Patriots player other than Brady....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilfork.

Given how up and down the play of the secondary seems to be, I might put McCourty and Talib in contention with Gronkowski for #3.

I doubt any OL rises to that level of irreplacability as long as Dante is around.

After Brady then it's Wilfork without any question. Two players couldn't fill his shoes. Our defensive shortcomings would quickly become a world of pain, if the beast wasn't around.

I understand the Gronk picks because our defense hasn't been as good as it was in the Superbowl years.

That said, it's clearly VW with no close second. I can absolutely imagine how our defense would look without his presence and it's shocking. Tom can still put up good points without Gronk. I doubt our defense could stop drives without VW.

Also, with all the new receivers, I'm not sure we're as reliant on Gronk this season as we were the previous couple of them. Not to say he's still not the 2nd best on offense, just saying we might be able to replace a larger portion of that production than we could a year or two ago. (Especially with the monster run game we might just have.)

Wilfork by a comfortable margin.

When you remove the obvious (Wilfork and Gronkowski) it's the tandem of Dennard/Talib. If one of those two goes down (doesn't really matter which one) the defensive performance really dips (opposing QBR, PPG, passing yards per game, etc)

Wilfork in a landslide. Next up would be Gronk, followed by McCourty at safety (not CB, he's replaceable there).

I too would vote for Vince! Both on and off the field. He takes up at least two offensive lineman on each play, that leaves someone else unblocked to make the tackle. He is an absolutel beast and is impossible to move, and has the strength of ten Grinches, plus two!!!

In the locker room, he is the unquestioned leader of that defense and the team as a whole.

No disrespect to Vince but it's easily Gronkowski. The D has sucked for years now. I'd rather have the #1 TE and redzone target in the NFL.

I've thought about this as well and I also came up with Wilfork.

Gronk is #3. He's a beast when he's on the field.

I'm hoping we revisit this thread before the playoffs and everybody is saying Chandler Jones without a doubt.

1. Brady
2. Vince
3. Gronk
4. McCourty
5. Jones
6. Talib/Dennard - we need them both to stay healthy.

Really makes you wonder how the last two years could have gone differently with some better breaks for Gronk.

Hopefully not Brandon Ford.

1. Brady
2. Vince
3. Gronk
4. McCourty
5. Jones
6. Talib/Dennard - we need them both to stay healthy.

Really makes you wonder how the last two years could have gone differently with some better breaks for Gronk.

McCourty's move to safety has really been a stepping stone for him imo. I kind of feel bad for dissing him in the past for his struggles in year 2 and right now it definitely feels like he's an important piece for this team moving forward.

I'll say Gronk then maybe Ridley but It looks like Blount has come to play.

McCourty's move to safety has really been a stepping stone for him imo. I kind of feel bad for dissing him in the past for his struggles in year 2 and right now it definitely feels like he's an important piece for this team moving forward.

He's a mediocre corner. Definitely a better fit as a safety.

Vince Wilfork is the one of the most unnepreciated players in not pats history....but NFL history. Guys a surefire hall of famer I just hope he gets there.

I would say Wilfork of Gronk

and I would say Theodoric of York...

theodoric-of-york_500x375.jpg

Define irreplaceable. For example Gronk can be replaced by Hooman and such, but they are not GRONK. Does that make Gronk "irreplaceable"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back