PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

most interesting sb matchup

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.C Vegas

In the Starting Line-Up
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
well we are down to 4 possible games which do you all think is the most interesting. By interesting i mean storyline and an accual good game. for me it is pats seahawks. the return of a dynasty vs a repeat attempt that d vs our o and add pete carroll to the mix there is a lot there

No doubt Seahawks vs Patriots.

GB vs Pats would be a great matchup too between the NFL's best 2 quarterbacks

My favorite matchup would be the pats against Green Bay with Matt Flynn starting for an injured Rodgers. the storyline could be can the packers cover the spread +35 on the way to Brady's 4th ring

The most interesting SB match up to me is whichever one has a higher probability of resulting in a NE victory. Therefore, I will have to go with GB.

Not that I ever did, but after the Ravens win, no way in hell I want the easy road. Whoever wins the NFC Championship fair and square because hopefully that will produce the best of the NFC. I want them. Either match-up will be great. Hope Rodgers is healthy if GB makes it. I want no excuses if we win, and it works out better if we lose anyway, than if we got beat by a hobbled Rodgers or his backup.

Either way it would be a revenge game, with GB and Hawks beating us the last time we played them. I think it would mean more to take down the Baaaaaaaaaaaaaad man's team, because of his status, and Brady and him currently vying for the best QB in the league, but I would also get some serious satisfaction to be able to reply to Sherman, u mad bro? What should mean more, but won't, in football terms, would be Brady vs the best defense, and that would be the Seahawks.

Last edited:
Most interesting to the NFL is what they can splash on TV ads, what household names the media can yap about for a week. In that regards I suspect the most desired is Rodgers versus Brady. Wilson hasn't been doing it long enough to be in the minds en masse of 'don't watch football unless it is a major event' (those who know football players only from the amount of times they have been mentioned in non sports media). Side note: Brady vs Manning is the gold standard of 'sell-able'.

From a long term perspective the NFL wouldn't mind Wilson vs Luck. The sell-able name of Brady is not going to be around for, relatively, much longer (if last night's game is telling, it's not going to have Manning's name very soon). Selling a new generation of big name QBs and QB matchups is, I suspect, something they will be plenty ok with.

In terms of the best 'clash' for the fans? Patriots versus Seattle might edge out, slightly, Pats versus GB because of Seattle's potency and it's new found importance to the NFL fanbase -- but it's debatable. The general fan loves offense/scoring. GB vs Pats are two teams who average 30 points a game to go with the household name sell-able matchup.

Not that I ever did, but after the Ravens win, no way in hell I want the easy road. Whoever wins the NFC Championship fair and square because hopefully that will produce the best of the NFC. I want them. Either match-up will be great. Hope Rodgers is healthy if GB makes it. I want no excuses if we win, and it works out better if we lose anyway, than if we got beat by a hobbled Rodgers or his backup.

Either way it would be a revenge game, with GB and Hawks beating us the last time we played them. I think it would mean more to take down the Baaaaaaaaaaaaaad man's team, because of his status, and Brady and him currently vying for the best QB in the league, but I would also get some serious satisfaction to be able to reply to Sherman, u mad bro? What should mean more, but won't, in football terms, would be Brady vs the best defense, and that would be the Seahawks.

Screw all that noise man. I just want the patriots to raise that SB trophy. I couldn't care less what needs to happen in order for that to happen. Besides, rather they beat the seahawks or the packers it would be more than a worthy opponent.

It's Seattle versus New England, easily.

There's some interesting QB narratives with Pats v Packers, but not while Rodgers is hopping around on one leg.

Seattle has the new generation, clutch playoff QB against the old generation, clutch playoff QB, and it also has Brady taking a crack at `the bestest defense ever` after Peyton Manning got crushed by it and his apologists said `nobody could have done better.`

Plus Revis v Sherman.

Old Pats coach versus Belichick.

Etc

Luck and Wilson may be the Nfls next generation rivalry

But I'll take whoever makes it from NFC, so long as we're in the SB...each of the possibilities has storylines

I want to see NE vs Greenbay, despite there being no overlap between the teams except for Ownership, I still want revenge for 1996. However I don't think this is the most compelling game from the NFL's perspective. Only big story line is Rogers vs Brady. While I do believe they are the top 2 QBs, that will never be as big of a story as Brady vs Manning, so it loses some luster for me.

-Edit-
Missed this one before, but the CLay Matthews Draft Pick Trade would also be a good storyline, Packers get Matthews , and the picks in return net Edleman and Gronk.

Seahawks VS Patriots I believe is the most interesting game, and should be the best game.
Brady vs. Sherman
Revis vs. Sherman
Pats O vs. Seahawks D.

While I am obviously pulling for a Patriots Superbowl, however I think the other story line that would be interesting to the NFL as a whole would be Indy vs Greenbay. There is no doubt the NFL wants Luck to be the next All Time great QB. I don;'t see a better narrative than Luck beating Manning, Brady, and Rogers three games in a row to claim the throne (though I don't think he is at that level yet. )

Indy vs Seattle is boring to me as I think it would be one sided, and I don't care enough about either of the teams.

I think Seattle vs the Pats.

If it is GB there will be the built in excuses plus other football fans will be cheering for the underdog gimpy.

I think Seattle - NE would be the best Super Bowl matchup we've seen in a looooong time. Might not end up being the best game, but the hype would be incredible I'd think. Denver was a fantastic team last year but as we saw they were no match. I think they looked better than they really were facing a weaker schedule and caught a huge break when we had Talib go down + a limited Dennard trying to cover D Thomas when we were already depleted to begin with made a huge difference. This year's pats team, I"m not sure if we'll win but I'm certain they'll make it a game.

I wonder if we'll see some home cooking this weekend because Pats- SEA and Pats- GB to a lesser degree would both be awesome matchup, while Indy in the SB would be meh either way. You know the NFL is probably hoping for Pats-Hawks.

Last edited:
This is a QB league so Im sure the Pats vs GB is most marketable.

Sea vs GB would play off the great offense vs great defense much like last years (never materialized). Also have the Pete Carroll angle (yeah youngsters he coached here before USC)

Indy vs Sea - changing of the QB guard

Indy vs GB - ummm I got nothing here

NE - Seattle. The 'new' dynasty vs. the one that never really ended. The two best teams in the NFL this year according to just about anyone.

And I'd be freaking out for two weeks leading up to it :) That defense scares the daylights out of me, and Wilson and co. can present so many different challenges on offense. I think the Pats could win that matchup, but as far as ring #4 is concerned I'd much rather see Pats vs. GB.

I don't think Indy's really in the discussion. I'm sure most people around the country would love to see the Pats lose this weekend, but they've also become the team people love to root against. Indy and Luck just aren't there yet to be an intriguing SB entrant, imo...they'll get there, maybe even this year, but I think when it comes down to it people want to see NE vs. SEA.

Screw all that noise man. I just want the patriots to raise that SB trophy. I couldn't care less what needs to happen in order for that to happen. Besides, rather they beat the seahawks or the packers it would be more than a worthy opponent.

I disagree, but only because that's not what the thread is about. He's asking us what would be the most interesting matchups as far as storylines. So this thread is about the noise, and the meaning, magnitute, consequences and reward in perception, post-winning or losing.

Last edited:
For me the dream matchup is GB vs NE. You have the best QBs duelling it out

I disagree, but only because that's not what the thread is about. He's asking us what would be the most interesting matchups as far as storylines. So this thread is about the noise, and the meaning, magnitute, consequences and reward in perception, post-winning or losing.

Ahhhhh, I must have gotten my threads mixed up. I do that sometimes.

Agree with this. I've been asking and predicting a patriots packers SB for years now lol. I don't think they will get by the seahawks tho but I hope they do.

I think this is how most people would see it. But if you truly are a football enthusiast, then I think the reality of the sport, and what gives you the most credit as a QB, is being able to dissect the best defense in football, while getting absolutely crushed, pushed, shoved, hurried, sacked, and somehow coming through, bad stats and all. Eventually I think people will wisen up and start looking at this as it should be, QB vs defense, but right now people still see it as QB vs QB, when they really never play against each other.

Beating GB = most street cred in the mass media and casual football fans.
Beating Seattle = most street cred among football coaches, some players(especially smart defensive veteran players), and people who really understand football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back