PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Most heartbreaking regular season loss of the Brady/Belichick era

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was crushed last night, but I actually feel great right now. Truthfully, this is actually the best I have ever felt after ANY loss in the TB/BB era.

Gronk is fine (probably the biggest reason why).

We got our loss out the way (had no chance of going undefeated w/ JE & Dion out anyway).

The refs screwed us, everyone knows it, the team knows it. This seems like one of those defining moments that a team can rally around.

I can think of on top of my head for me personally in order of year

2002 home vs Jets
2003 opener vs Buffalo
2008 home vs Jets in OT
2008 at Indy Thomas stupid PF
2009 4th and 2

All those loses for me where more heartbreaking than last night.

2002 home vs Jets
2003 opener vs Buffalo
2008 home vs Jets in OT
2009 4th and 2

2002, 2008 and 2009 were arguably the three "worst" Pats squads of the BB era.

2003 opener sucked, but it was the first game of the season and we flat out got beat, it is what it is.

This 2015 team, in my mind, had a VERY real shot of going 19-0 and it was taken away from us by the refs (and some self-inflicted issues, granted) last night. I wanted 19-0 so bad for BB/Brady and I guarantee you it meant a lot to them to.

I understand, the SUPER BOWL is the ultimate goal but ****, I never thought this team would be able to flirt with 19-0 again and they had it all set up this year to be able to do so. It's honestly going to take a week to get over the fact it's not happening this year.

I'll get over it eventually, but a legit shot at 19-0 is so ****ing rare and it breaks my heart to see the fashion that it was taken from us last night.

4th and 2 was the worst regular season game for me. I tossed and turned all night after that game. Last night's game was nothing like that

I'm hoping that the Patriots will be the better team after last night's game (assuming Gronk/Hightower well be back healthy soon). The very short-hsnded Pats faced a really good team (and the refs) in a hostile environment and almost pulled out a win. I don't know if a loss can build character, but if so then last night's game did that for the Patriots.

Hands down the most disgusting loss of the regular season i can recall outside of maybe 4th & 2. We not only got cheated out of the game by the refs, but lost 2 of our best players possibly for the season on a game we had a 2 ****ing touchdown lead in. **** THIS GAME!
That was a very tough loss for me! That and the Steelers loss in 2004, which really upset me for some reason, are probably the two most frustrating/heart-breaking regular season losses for me.

2002 home vs Jets
2003 opener vs Buffalo
2008 home vs Jets in OT
2009 4th and 2

That was the first one I thought of, really.

A road overtime loss to Denver doesn't even crack the top 20.

Not at all the most heartbreaking...agree with the others...infuriating.

Hands down the most disgusting loss of the regular season i can recall outside of maybe 4th & 2.

That was the first game that I had to have a few stiff drinks afterward...definitely worse than this, as disgusting as it was.

Annoying but you knew they were going to lose one, probably just spurring that they blew a lead like that.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back