PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Most heartbreaking regular season loss of the Brady/Belichick era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pessimistic Pete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I guess you can use whatever negative word you want, this one had it ALL.

PERFECT season ruined at 10- by hated rival? Check.
Losing the second most important player (Gronk) on the team for season most likely? Check.
Blown 2+ score 4th quarter lead? Check
Game would have been over if not for one simple play? (Muffed punt) Check.
An disgusting performance by the refs to hurt our team? CHECK.
Game behind us for #1 seed now 1 game back with tiebreaker? Check.
A glimmer of hope (extending to OT) only to be viciously put away (long ass TD run)? Check

Just about every bad emotion was felt in this game.

With the saddest part being that things out of our control (an injury + disgusting refs) being the biggest cause of the loss.

Last edited:
Hands down the most disgusting loss of the regular season i can recall outside of maybe 4th & 2. We not only got cheated out of the game by the refs, but lost 2 of our best players possibly for the season on a game we had a 2 ****ing touchdown lead in. **** THIS GAME!

Nope.

Just absolute proof that the refs are being told to shade the game in Denver's favor.
Absolute BS call against Chung in the end zone, and the refusal to call holding against Denver any one of a half-dozen tmes when they held Gronkowski.

Yeah, I went there. Goodell and his thug monkeys leaned on the refs to call this game a certain way, and they did.
Frikkin' corruption for all to see.

I think INFURIATING would have been the better word, Bob. So much to digest on this one, that I have to sleep on it before I write my "idle thoughts" Right now I need to drink myself to sleep.

One botched punt might have cost them the super bowl and Gronk. Game of inches.

Nope. There is no shame when losing to a team when the refs helped them every step of the way. I'm usually upset after a loss but this was so blatantly biased officiating that I am sad for our team because they work so hard but had the game taken from them by officials. It was vomit inducing.

I guess you can use whatever negative word you want, this one had it ALL.

PERFECT season ruined by hated rival? Check.
Losing the second most important player (Gronk) on the team? Check.
Blown 2+ score lead?
Game would have been over if not for one simple play? (Muffed punt) Check.
An disgusting performance by the refs to hurt our team? CHECK.
Game behind us for #1 seed now 1 game back with tiebreaker? Check.
A glimmer of hope (extending to OT) only to be viciously put away (long ass TD run)? Check

Just about every bad emotion was felt in this game.

Heartbreaking? Not even close. Midway through the 3rd quarter it was pretty clear there was no way the Patriots were going to win. Flag after flag after flag. The officiating was so one sided in that second half, and I'm not even talking the Ticky-tack stuff like running into the kicker not called or the guy leaping into Brady's head. It was the gamechanging calls or no calls. When it's one thing, you can overcome. When there are multiple game changing calls made......well......that's not heartbreak. That's just tipping your hat and moving on to the next game.

This loss is big Meh.....whatever. I'd rather the Patriots get healthy. Besides, playing on the road in Denver with a bunch of misfits on offense and forcing overtime in a game that was officiated heavily favoring the other team? Ok. It's a loss. Big deal.

Heartbroken only for Gronk. You cantell we're not the only ones who love him.

As for theloss, I didn't care too much when my favorite wwf wrestlers lost and I'm not that sad over this fixed game. It's pretty clear the NFL wasnt gonna allow us to go undefeated so better now than later. Let's see how the playoffs go.

Hey look, it's Pessimistic Pete. I was worried about you. We never hear from you until something bad happens.

This team starts rolling and you say nothing. Deflategate comes up and you're back on the board. Then we win a Super Bowl, not a single post from you to celebrate. And 1 post since the start of the season. This 10-game winning streak must have been killing you. You were dying for something bad to happen. And sure enough, it does, and within milliseconds, you're here.

Amazing. Incredible. Not even Jets fans are as anti-Patriot as you are.

But now that Gronk is potentially out and there's lots of doom and gloom, I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty of you. This is your time to shine. You had to suffer the Patriots winning another Super Bowl. You had to hide and bide your time. Well go for it you ****ing piece of ****.

10-1 ain't so bad. What do we need to wrap up the east? One win?

Just gotta get to the dance then anything can happen.

That wasn't a loss, that was match fixing and cheating.

Hey look, it's Pessimistic Pete. I was worried about you. We never hear from you until something bad happens.

This team starts rolling and you say nothing. Deflategate comes up and you're back on the board. Then we win a Super Bowl, not a single post from you to celebrate. And 1 post since the start of the season. This 10-game winning streak must have been killing you. You were dying for something bad to happen. And sure enough, it does, and within milliseconds, you're here.

Amazing. Incredible. Not even Jets fans are as anti-Patriot as you are.

But now that Gronk is potentially out and there's lots of doom and gloom, I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty of you. This is your time to shine. You had to suffer the Patriots winning another Super Bowl. You had to hide and bide your time. Well go for it you ****ing piece of ****.

The hell are you talking about? This isn't a thread to bash the Pats, it's a thread to express how ****ty I feel after this loss, more so than any Pats regular season loss during the BB era.

No it is not. Reading some initial reports about Gronk's injury I'm starting to relax a little...feeling relief. I've felt a hell of a lot worse with some other regular season losses. I remember the Carolina game in 2013 left me tossing and turning all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back