PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Most Hated Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I will always despise Isaac Bruce for this exchange with Rick Reilly (after both he and Derrick Thomas had been in car wrecks):

"Do you ever think about Thomas and say, 'That could be me'?" I ask Bruce.

"Oh, no, not at all," Bruce says.

"Why not?" I ask.

"Because as I was flipping, I threw my hands off the wheel and called Jesus' name."

"Does that mean God doesn't love Derrick Thomas?" I ask.

"Oh, no," Bruce says. "I don't know what Derrick said as his car was flipping."

"What about Payne Stewart? He was a Christian man. Does that mean God didn't love Payne Stewart?"

"I have no idea what Payne Stewart said in that plane that day."

"Well, are you saying if Payne Stewart had invoked the name of ************, he'd be alive today?"

"Oh, definitely."

"What about the Columbine High student who was asked by one of the killers if she believed in God? She said yes, and he blew her away. How can that be?"

"You don't know what she said, do you?"

"There were witnesses."

"But you weren't there, right?"

What I get out of this exchange is that Rick Reilly is one of the biggest dirtbags in sports journalism. Bruce is just an athlete, not a philosopher. So what, he's a simpleton with the religious comprehension of a child. I'm sure Bruce has compassion toward the people Reilly mentioned, but the windbag "reporter" manipulated the conversation to put Bruce in a bad light and make a fool out of him. Reilly is such a sanctimonious, pompous, self-satisfied jackoff. How he got to replace the great Frank Deford as lead columnist at SI is a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma.

1. Eli Manning: stupid little doofus thinks he can call the shots before he has even taken a snap in the NFL. You suck kid.

2. Peyton Manning: dumb ass hillbilly

3. Archie Manning: most overrated QB of all time, everyone acts like he was great when he was nothing more than a ****ty qb on a ****ty team.

4. Anyone else left in the Manning trailer park.

Peyton, which is quite obvious. Pretty much for the same reasons NEM stated- his arrogance and whiny looks. I was completely grossed out by his throwing up his hands every time a receiver dropped a ball in the red zone on Sunday.

I also have a hating soft spot for Michael Vick. I'm so overexposed to him, living in ATL, that it's quite easy for me to do it.

What I get out of this exchange is that Rick Reilly is one of the biggest dirtbags in sports journalism. Bruce is just an athlete, not a philosopher. So what, he's a simpleton with the religious comprehension of a child. I'm sure Bruce has compassion toward the people Reilly mentioned, but the windbag "reporter" manipulated the conversation to put Bruce in a bad light and make a fool out of him. Reilly is such a sanctimonious, pompous, self-satisfied jackoff. How he got to replace the great Frank Deford as lead columnist at SI is a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma.

So that exchange is Rick Reilly's fault? Seriously?

He manipulated Bruce into saying that he didn't believe the eyewitness reports that said the poor girl was praying right before she got blown away, because if she had been praying she wouldn't have been killed?

I get that some people don't like Reilly, but come on, man.

Champ Bailey, hands down the player i hate most. Even before he int'd Brady, you know the one...........right?

I could see it- he seems to be right in front of a camera with helmet off and ready for an interview after a game. Never minds congratulating himself on great plays. A little too self-aware of his own greatness.

Manning, all three.
TO
Vinatraitor
Joey Porter
James Farrior(3 games to glory, saw how ****y that ***** was. haha)
Mawae
Jason Taylor
LT
Vanderjagt
Merriman
Rivers
Many others...

Most disliked Patriot: Patrick Pass.

1. Eli Manning: stupid little doofus thinks he can call the shots before he has even taken a snap in the NFL. You suck kid.

2. Peyton Manning: dumb ass hillbilly

3. Archie Manning: most overrated QB of all time, everyone acts like he was great when he was nothing more than a ****ty qb on a ****ty team.

4. Anyone else left in the Manning trailer park.

ROFLMAO!

pao

Peyton, which is quite obvious. Pretty much for the same reasons NEM stated- his arrogance and whiny looks. I was completely grossed out by his throwing up his hands every time a receiver dropped a ball in the red zone on Sunday.

Does anyone else notice Peyton's helmet/hat routine? When he's winning, he's got a hat on, when he's losing, he keeps the helmet on. Same thing with postgame handshakes: win-hat, lose-helmet. It's like he doesn't want anyone to look at him (or vice versa) while he's getting beat.

Also, I absolutely cannot stand his stupid smirk when things are going his way. Not a smile, a closed-mouth smirk- friggin annoying. Check out photos of him with the Lombardi - he doesn't look happy to have it, he looks happy to show everybody else he has one.

Why do you all hate Rivers so much? The rest I understand.

pao

pao
One he whined about our players dancing. He is a decent player who managed to get invited to the pro bowl over Brady. I already dislike him.

pao

Could be because he whined like a little girl after the game.

Could be because he whined like a little girl after the game.
Yup. "They were sooo classless. Classless, classless, classless."

Honestly after that I couldnt stand LT or Rivers.

Yup. "They were sooo classless. Classless, classless, classless."

Honestly after that I couldnt stand LT or Rivers.

Apparently Rivers just ain't good enough to exploit the sorriest corner in the league, either.

I hate Eddie Martel, too.

Falco all the way!

Off the field in the commercial world.... Peyton Manning, such a tool and he really believes he is good.
On the field... Merriman & Mawae
Retired.... Biggest scum of all Jack Tatum
Owner... Al Davis and any of the jerks who owned the Pats before Bob Kraft.

Last edited:
I'll limit it to current players.
TO - obvious
Randy Moss - attitude problems
Brett Favre - I'm more angry about the fact that you can't watch a Packers game anymore with actual analysis about his game. He'll throw 3 picks and the announcers will be jumping all over each other to call him a "gunslinger" rather than saying he stinks, he's stunk the last 3-4 years, and should have retired in 2003. Plus he beat us in the superbowl.
Tom Nalen - Leader of the dirtiest O-line in the league

From my hated Hockomock rival, Foxboro, to boot.

Hah! Well, for me its tough to say about a former MA guy and BC Eagle (I mean, I even forgave Romanowski for most of his antics), but he's been chopping at knees too long for even me to forgive.

Hah! Well, for me its tough to say about a former MA guy and BC Eagle (I mean, I even forgave Romanowski for most of his antics), but he's been chopping at knees too long for even me to forgive.

Romanowski's just a bad human being. Did you see that interview on "60 Minutes" or "20/20", whichever one it was? Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back