PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Most Gratifying Season Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

captadamnj

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Pats win the division, beat the previously undefeated Titans in the playoffs, then win the re-match with the Gints in the Super Bowl! Come on in, the water's fine! :D:D

I don't really care about the Titans thing but yeah, I was thinking about Matt Cassel avenging Super Bowl 42 by beating the Giants. It would be amazing.

Even if all that happens, it would still tie the 2001 season.

It can happen. Believe in BB he has overcome alot in the past runs.

Pats win the division, beat the previously undefeated Titans in the playoffs, then win the re-match with the Gints in the Super Bowl! Come on in, the water's fine! :D:D

Make our divisional round game against the Colts and it's perfect.

Even if all that happens, it would still tie the 2001 season.

For you, I'm sure many people here including myself would take even more joy in the scenario presented here.

Our margin for error is teeny though. I think they are capable. But, go back to 2001.

Think of wins over the Raiders and Steelers. Never mind the Rams.

We made it through both games by the skin of teeth. Whatever that means.

You have to have luck on your side.

The way they play, TEN will be lucky to be 9-7 by years end.

This is a better team than the '01 team, and the entire league is weak this year, so...

Notihing will ever match the crazy rollercoaster ride of the 2001 season. What they did in 2001 was insane.

yea, i would say so...

if ur scenario pans out, i would agree that yes, this season would be the best so far...

Our margin for error is teeny though. I think they are capable. But, go back to 2001.

Think of wins over the Raiders and Steelers. Never mind the Rams.

And our wins over the Chargers, Jets, and Bills in Buffalo during the regular season.

I don't think the 2001 season will ever be topped.

If it plays out like this, then it beats 2001. Anything less (e.g. someone else knocking off the Titans and Giants), then it will come in 2nd...a close 2nd.

Regards,
Chris

Nothing will top 2001 because 2001 was the first. We went from a franchise that hadnt won in 42 years to being a Champion. Everything changed. That alone makes 2001 untouchable. Just like 2004 for the Red Sox.

That being said, if they EVER won the SB this year that would be a pretty amazing second greatest.

I always felt that the 2003 super bowl year didn't get the respect it deserved...

1) Patriots coming off their "Oh yeah, told you they were a one-year-wonder" 2002 campaign.

2) The Lawyer Milloy cut shocker in training camp

3) The 31-0 blowout to start the seaon at Buffalo, with Milloy leading the charge for the Bills

4) Set the NFL record for consecutive wins

5) 31-0 blowout of the Bills to cap the season

6) Beat the Colts at Foxboro in the AFC championship game

7) Wild nail-biter Super Bowl win over the Panthers

It's not 2001, but it's a pretty close second, no?

Nothing will be like 2001 -2004 era of Pats football for me.. This season still has yet to be written.. So its incomplete till further notice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back