PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Most Enthusiastic Poster interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzFritz

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
(this is a genuinely friendly post, and builds on Ian's Introductions thread, so i hope i am operating in the spirit of the Board)

JSN,

you seem to embody us all with your enthusiasm and interest!! (recent thread - Sunday cant come soon enough -- well said!
You are also an interesting character from what you have said (you are new to the NFL relatively speaking. not to mention, Canadian! -- my wifes family is canadian so kudos)

i have some casual questions for you, Barbara Walters style, if you are up for it!

1. you joined in june 2008 and have set a record pace for starting good and interesting threads. what did you do prior to joining the board as an outlet for your Pats fandom?

2. how do you stay so on top of all things Pats? do you have a job, or perhaps work in the Canadian public sector that gives you lots of free time? ;)

3. why do you love the Pats, as opposed to some other team that might have closer links to the Great White North, e.g., Buffalo.

4. whats the deal with CFL? is it cool, or does it suck, or what?

Just some fun questions.

- FRITZ

I'm totally down. Just walking the kiddies to school and then all might be revealed, lol.

(this is a genuinely friendly post, and builds on Ian's Introductions thread, so i hope i am operating in the spirit of the Board)

JSN,

you seem to embody us all with your enthusiasm and interest!! (recent thread - Sunday cant come soon enough -- well said!
You are also an interesting character from what you have said (you are new to the NFL relatively speaking. not to mention, Canadian! -- my wifes family is canadian so kudos)

i have some casual questions for you, Barbara Walters style, if you are up for it!

Sure, sounds fun.

1. you joined in june 2008 and have set a record pace for starting good and interesting threads. what did you do prior to joining the board as an outlet for your Pats fandom?

Interestingly, I get one-starred on most of my threads almost immediately. Snipers?

I watched the board for quite a while, but spent most of last year shooting a film, so I never bothered signing up. Since becoming a slave to the editing room, I can swivel to my left and see a PC (blech) with all sorts of football sites open. I'm back to movie-land after Christmas, but I've loved the massive football knowledge and Patriots addiction here.

2. how do you stay so on top of all things Pats? do you have a job, or perhaps work in the Canadian public sector that gives you lots of free time? ;)

Between here and RSS Feeds, and PODcasts, I keep caught up pretty easily. I have a few friends in the NFL that keep me plugged in too (no, Nick K. isn't one of them).
I'm a musician, author, filmmaker - pretty much the best artsy fartsy combination ever - a wife of 10 years and three awesome kiddies.

3. why do you love the Pats, as opposed to some other team that might have closer links to the Great White North, e.g., Buffalo.

Well, I live in Southern Ontario, which is actually further south than several American cities (like Chicago, Detroit) and I'm pretty close to dead centre between Detroit and Buffalo. If I had to pick locally, it'd be easy. ;)

On our Honeymoon, my wife and I visited Salem and Bangor and they added to my already mad obsession with the East Coast (Newfoundland is beautiful).
Back in 2006 I made my first trip to Boston to see Extreme play a reunion show. Fell head over heels with the city. My wife and I celebrated our tenth by visiting Foxboro, Boston, and NYC (where I spent a lot of time on set last year)

I volunteer at a local youth centre where Madden video games are popular. Forced to pick a team (after realizing I couldn't win with the Bengals) I asked the guys sheepishly if Boston had a team. They laughed at me, but I picked The Pats. Then started watching them on TV and between those things got a lot more interested in Football, from mechanics to history.

The more I learn about the Pats, the more I like them, despite the fact that everyone around here likes the Cowboys or Bills, I wear my Pats gear with pride.

I'm hoping to be on location next summer in Boston and to get to visit training camp.

4. whats the deal with CFL? is it cool, or does it suck, or what?

The CFL is great, it's just not as serious as the NFL. In terms of professionalism/entertainment value, I'd but it between the NFL and NCAA. I'm surprised the NFL hasn't made Canadian schools part of the draft. That's one of the reason Nick K. went to school in the US, in fact.

Anyway, I assume that bored most, but I hope I answered ok. I'm going to go and watch the same three minutes of video for the next several hours. Thanks Ian and everyone else for making this board so killer. After visiting other forums for amusement, I'm starting to think the level of football IQ in this place is at a much different level than most fan forums. I know I've learned a lot.

Last edited:
I thought you were cool until I read this: to see Extreme play a reunion show :D

Being a filmmaker sounds very interesting. I know in a past post you had said your avatar is the poster for your movie. Is it going to be released anytime soon?

I thought you were cool until I read this: to see Extreme play a reunion show :D

Being a filmmaker sounds very interesting. I know in a past post you had said your avatar is the poster for your movie. Is it going to be released anytime soon?

LOL. It was a good show. One of the last appearances of the Boston singer too, I believe.

Yeah, the plan is December, but there's been talk of some kind of distribution deal so that could drag things out.

I wonder if one of the Bills games here in the next few years will bring the Pats along. That would be awesome. Do they have the schedules released in advance?

thanks for the personal biography :eek: LOL

good to hear that even artsy canadians can Hail the Genius of BB....

sorry to hear you will be lurking after xmas. but then, you will have about an average years worth of posts and threads by then, so you will still be in good shape.

good luck w the film. whats is called, i cant read the av, its too small
:cool:

Haha, yeah, that's my plan. Have enough posts to balance out the years I miss.

I'll be watching us in SB43 regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots