Welcome to PatsFans.com

Most dishonest NEWS REPORTING ......... Evah

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patriot_in_NY, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0

Nawwwww, the media isn't trying to be a touch deceitful here are they.

Check out this PHOTO, now read the caption..........

Apparently our soldiers have taken to THROWING bullets at the enemy in Iraq now? Is it me, or do those two rounds look like "out of the box", unfired ammunition. The real question is did the Photographer give then to her, or did she find them on the ground. In fact, those two look remarkable like bullet that could fit and AK........ Do we use AK's :rolleyes:

The reporting is either remarkable DUMB, or patently DISHONEST and I have a hard time thinking the photographer is that DUMB.

This its unreal the dishonest reporting going on over there. If it did not PISS ME OFF SO MUCH, I'd find it funny.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  2. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Re: Most dishonest NEW REPORTING ......... Evvah

Lol, that is funny. I don't think the reporting is so much dishonest as just dumb and lacking any sense of inquisitiveness. The media these days thinks its job is to repeat whatever they're told, without any research or critical analasys.

3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +921 / 7 / -3

That's truly pathetic. Are you surprised? What I want to know is who the editor is that looked over that and printed it anyway? The bullets "hit her house" in a raid? Sad. Even more sad, is how many people will see the pic, read the caption, and then think of how eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil our troops are. I'm sorry, but the more I think about it, the more intentional I think it is. Seriously, this article and picture has to pass through so many eyes and mins before being printed. Could it be possible that it wouldn't raise the question presented here? Are people working in the MSM that dumb?

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 5 / -10

Most of the Media in Iraq are running around like chickens with their heads cut off looking for something Horrible that the American Troops are doing so Cute Perky Katie can start crying on TV about what Bastards the Americans are.

The democrats and the left wing liberal media are going into a state of Panic, they are now becoming very fearful that America "might win".

Good news for America & Iraq is bad news for the Sore Losing Bush Hating Democrats.
    :bricks:

5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +843 / 27 / -33

That is a french press feed, picked up by Yahoo..

6. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0

Yeah, I did wanna add that, so that I wouldn't be accused of Frog bashing. In all fairness to the frogs, they all do it. Does anyone remember the crap with AP last summer with the Israeli conflict.

7. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Well yeah, but Israel's existence is pure EVIL.... haven't you heard?

8. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +601 / 53 / -9

#75 Jersey

Of course it is the reporting, and not an "honest" mistake.

First off, for those who have no concept of how a gun works, the lead projectile is the only thing that comes out of the barrel of the weapon, when the gun is fired, the shell casing (commonly called the "brass", which contains the firing pin, and the propellent (gun powder)) comes out of the return, it is the stuff that falls to the ground whenever you see someone fire a weapon.

This is the most basic thing about firearms, and for anyone to look at that picture and not readily know that those bullets have never been fired, is ludacrious.

Once again, just making **** up.................................

9. Real World

Ratings:
    +921 / 7 / -3

And your point is? Is it on the Yahoo site? Yup.

10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +843 / 27 / -33

No point just a comment, no biggie..

11. chris_in_sunnyvale

chris_in_sunnyvale In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

AFP, so I'm not all that surprised.

Regards,
    Chris

12. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +598 / 24 / -19

There are so many sad photos and some inspiring ones in the series, why choose that one? So, the old woman lied or made a mistake, or maybe she found some bullets outside after her house was hit. Who knows? The fact is there are a lot of bullets flying around. Judging AFP by that photo would be like judging the entire US military by the Abu Ghraib photos.

13. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0

Lemme take these in order of ridiculousness. :rolleyes:

Ahhhhhhhhhh, That's precisely what most of YOUR people did. Over fifty front page articles on the NYT alone on Abu. How many on the military progress of the SURGE? Sh!t gets turned around though and it's now it's "that photo would be like judging the entire US military by the Abu Ghraib photos". Do you have ANY idea how transparent that sounds?

Okay, so lets give the little Iraqi lady a pass. The photo, much like a NEWS story has to go through a vetting proccess, correct? A photo, along with a caption is image that conveys message, so the NEWS agency is duty bound to insure the truthfulness of the messege it sends.

So the little ole lady, don't know, but you gotta figure the educated WAR CORROSPONDANT that took the photo, plus the photo editor (who edits WAR photos) might be educated enough to tell the difference between SPEND projectiles and unused AMMUNITION. They are the problem, not the old lady.

Patters, it totally honorable to be a man that doesn't apologize for your core liberal beliefs and to defend them, it's altogether another to defend a patently FALSE image of war.

14. Real World

Ratings:
    +921 / 7 / -3

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Ah, so the face of the story is BS, what's the big deal? :bricks:

15. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0

Dudes, YOU KNEW the milbloggers would be on it like sh!t.

This is one unlucky LADY. Same crap happened to her on JULY 10. Perhaps she should move. ;)

Looks like another REUTERSphotogate..........

p.s. Even if it ain't the same woman, the tagline says it's the SAME photographer; Wissam al-Okaili

16. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,030 / 28 / -22

#75 Jersey

I hate dishonest media reporting. No matter what side it's on, that's just crap and should be a stain on that news service.

17. Real World

Ratings:
    +921 / 7 / -3

This is funny. :rofl:

[​IMG]

18. Real World

Ratings:
    +921 / 7 / -3

I found these too. If I have a weakness, it's for funny internet pics. I don't really care who they are of, I just find them funny.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +473 / 13 / -14

MAde a mistake???????:singing:

Right Patters I'm sure she didn't have someone give her the bulets and the story to tell.

The reason to pick out this story is that it shows the MSM being stooges for the terrorist helping them spread anti us propaganda. It also shows the stupidity of the MSM. not knowing the difference between a bullet that has been fired and not fired.

My guess is that they know even less about many topics (like global warming science for example) than they know about firearms.;)

20. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Thank god we have "experts" with undergraduate degrees in unrelated fields to clue us is.

MSM makes mistakes, dumb mistakes, but don't pretend your sources are any better. Unless you're walking around the streets of Iraq, you're either getting your story from the MSM or from the US government, and neither of them is impartial.