• Chad Brown

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Other: mention in post

Votes: 13 15.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about "all of the above"

It's pretty hard to pick a winner or loser depending on how you look at from that group.

I guess I would forgive Corey and Eugene first but the rest are all birds of a feather.

im gunna have to go with chad. i just... thought he'd do more

mgteich said:
If you all expected Starks to be a shutdown corner when playing with a serious injury, that is your issue. Would you feel the same about Starks if he were put on IR the same day as Harrison? IMHO, we would have been 3-5 or 2-6 without Starks (that is if Starks were put on IR, and didn't play injured as was the case for all the rest of injured defensive backs).

I saw Starks wandering around in the backfield like a Western tourist trying to find his platform on the Tokyo underground. He was simply lost! I don't take the shoulder injury to have anything to do with that.

PATSNUTme said:
I'm disappointed in someone starting a thread about disappointing players so soon after our disappointing loss when I'm still feeling disappointed. :confused:
lmao

I would be disapointed in Tom Brady. He had his highest passing rating of his career this year, but he threw into double coverage alot vs the Broncos (the bomb over Champ to Andre Davis, the one that Lynch intercepted, and he threw that poor pass to the inside where Champ had an opportunity to make a play on the ball. Also, he bounced quite a few ball on WR screens. I thought he was gonna play alot better.

Bronco Freak said:
lmao

I would be disapointed in Tom Brady. He had his highest passing rating of his career this year, but he threw into double coverage alot vs the Broncos (the bomb over Champ to Andre Davis, the one that Lynch intercepted, and he threw that poor pass to the inside where Champ had an opportunity to make a play on the ball. Also, he bounced quite a few ball on WR screens. I thought he was gonna play alot better.
You really do want to get banned I guess.

My vote goes to Wilson. He did not make many big plays during the regular season. He came up with a huge big play against Jax (caused the fumble) but that's about it. He had a chance to really be a force once Rodney went down, but he never steped up to the task.
The only reason Starks does not top my list is because of the injury.

KDPpatsfan said:
You really do want to get banned I guess.
I believe Ian has banned him, after this I'm sure we won't be seeing him anymore.

Chad Brown. I was shocked at how lost he looked. And for those who say, "Well, he's an OLB switching to ILB which isn't always an easy adjustment," just remember that so were Vrabel and Phifer and Bruschi came out of college as a DE. Actually, aside from Ted Johnson, ALL of the Pats' LBs in recent history were DEs in college and had to adjust to playing LB, both inside and out. A cagey vet like Brown, who DID play ILB in college, shouldn't have been so confused.

Starks was a huge disappointment, but he also wouldn't have seen the field much if Poole never went down. Also, people were scratching their heads when BB traded a high pick for him so right off the bat people had doubts. Wilson was a disappointment early on, but came around with the rest of the D late in the season. Dillon got hurt early and likely was affected all year. Others were disappointments as well, but none in my mind compare to what turned out to be a very dissappointing season from Chad Brown.

Regards,
Chris

Bronco Freak said:
lmao

Of all the stupid things I've seen you say, that was by far the stupidest.

Not only is that so wrong that I don't know where to start, but you just (finally) admitted that Bailey's pick had just as much to do with Brady as Bailey.

Anyway, I think a lot of those guys can qualify for the distinction, depending on the mood I'm in. I don't know about the rest of you, but Beisel really kicked me in the nuts a lot when Bruschi wasn't in (especially in the clutch games). Overall though, I chose Dillon because of how critical his position in the offense is, and how key he was year before last... to me, injuries don't excuse my disappointment, even if they DO excuse the player himself.

Last edited:
I'm suprised to not see my personal pick.....Tyrone Poole....anywhere in this thread. He played well when he did play, but the way he quit on the team and cleared his stuff out so quickly......that's disapointing to me as a fan.

Dillon was the most disappointing Patriot of the players already on the team before 2005. The dropoff in yards per carry and total yards is cause for concern. Starks was the most disappointing of all of the players acquired in the offseason via draft/trade/free agency.

Monty was a disappointment but his wife wasn't.

RPCity said:
I'm suprised to not see my personal pick.....Tyrone Poole....anywhere in this thread. He played well when he did play, but the way he quit on the team and cleared his stuff out so quickly......that's disapointing to me as a fan.
Here Here!

Agree, disapointing, yet not surprising.

Richard Seymour

High expectations, slow start, though he finally got it going the last few games of the season. Allowances have been made for his injury.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Richard Seymour

High expectations, slow start, though he finally got it going the last few games of the season. Allowances have been made for his injury.
That's a strange twist, but I like it. He didn't deserve to make the Pro Bowl, that's for sure.

Kevin Faulk. He was always hurt and then when he wasn't he fumbles in the biggest game of the season. Sure he had a few decent games, but we needed more from him.

Ben Watson. He didn't show much. In the post season he showed his potential, but in the regular season...where was he at?

Hopefully he will be the beast that he was supposed to be next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back