Votes: 28 31.5%
  • Giants

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Lions

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this team pulls off another one and doned then you have to start making changes on this roster.

With GB and NO in terms of getting them to turnover the ball you better hope the RB drops it or gets stripped or the receiver gets it punched out or the ball is tipped,because Brees has been simply incredible and Rodgers is not far off in terms of avoiding throwing it to the wrong guy.

Let's not act as though Brees never throws picks.. This season is more of an abberation as far as INTs go...He's due to balance out soon...

He's averaged about an INT PER game in his career.

I would actually say that the reason his INT amount has gotten lower lately is because he spends 35% of his time throwing the ball to open space where his RB is and not only padding his completion percentage stats. but also making it much easier not to throw INTs..

Smart strategy? Hell yes. Does he deserve as much credit as he gets? Hell no.

I would say the ravens.I still think this team will have to play some defense in order to advance into the big game.They have to find a way to get stops.Everyone has taken shots at this defense in the media for their lack of giving up huge plays.They have to start covering well in the secondary and get some pressure on the QB.

I would have voted for the Ravens but in reality the Ravens win consistently with Defense and Ray Rice running the ball.....the Ravens are the AFC version of the NFCs 49ers.....a great defense,superb running game but so so QB and 'nothing to write home about' receivers (although Vernon Davis is a stud)

Alex Smith and Joe Flacco and their receiving corps will NOT be the reason thier teams get to the Super Bowl,if one or both teams do.

Last edited:
Reading over these poll results, I think this is actually very "telling" in how we feel about our team at this point. And....I am amazed at the realism and lack thereof of "homerism". Good job homers! I chose the Saints because I believe they will win it all this year (which Pherein will be happy about). I think that the eventual SB champ will come down to NO vs GB......and that GB's D is susceptible to giving up alot of points. I just do not think the Pats can pull it off this year with that defense and the lack of a deep threat. If Pitt or Balt or whomever else employs the "jam the receivers at the LOS, take Welk and Gronk out of it and let Branch and Hernandez beat us....because they KNOW we can't run the ball".....we are going to bow out early again. I wish we were more COMPLETE....but don't see any way they can pull it together this year.....Hope I am wrong
Good thing, cause you are actually about most of what you wrote...

The Patriots run the ball plenty...The Patriots don't NEED A DEEP THREAT. They have one of the most powerful offenses in the league again without one. They didn't have one in the last 2 Superbowl wins...Not sure where this false idea of needing a deep threat comes from. I guess it's from having Randy Moss for a while? Who knows, but either way it's incorrect.

PS: Pats D is better than the Packer's D.

People need to stop ranking defenses by yardage allowed.

If we did that, than the 2004 Pats defense wasn't very good either..

Reading over these poll results, I think this is actually very "telling" in how we feel about our team at this point. And....I am amazed at the realism and lack thereof of "homerism". Good job homers! I chose the Saints because I believe they will win it all this year (which Pherein will be happy about). I think that the eventual SB champ will come down to NO vs GB......and that GB's D is susceptible to giving up alot of points. I just do not think the Pats can pull it off this year with that defense and the lack of a deep threat. If Pitt or Balt or whomever else employs the "jam the receivers at the LOS, take Welk and Gronk out of it and let Branch and Hernandez beat us....because they KNOW we can't run the ball".....we are going to bow out early again. I wish we were more COMPLETE....but don't see any way they can pull it together this year.....Hope I am wrong

lol, its a nice vote of confidence, thanks, but we remember the NE vs Rams game. We might pass all the 2000 Rams records on offense this year in the next game. But the one thing that decided that SB was your QB was better than Warner, and your coach was better than Martz.
If we both meet in a SB at Lucas, We would be in the same situation. :)
BB is very aware how we play ball now, and he's better than SP, and Brady is better than Brees. Even if the media spins this as you being the underdogs because we pull off a epic win in lambeau, when they didn't give us a chance.
Don't think for a second we don't understand we are the ones that are underdogs..

I picked the Giants, they are really great on defense and offense when playing well. To bad they are not more consistent.

Last edited:
Let's not act as though Brees never throws picks.. This season is more of an abberation as far as INTs go...He's due to balance out soon...

He's averaged about an INT PER game in his career.

I would actually say that the reason his INT amount has gotten lower lately is because he spends 35% of his time throwing the ball to open space where his RB is and not only padding his completion percentage stats. but also making it much easier not to throw INTs..

Smart strategy? Hell yes. Does he deserve as much credit as he gets? Hell no.

Brees has thrown 145 INTs in nearly 10 full seasons with the Chargers and Saints.....I would say that's pretty darn good for a QB no one really knew until he got to N.O.

lol, its a nice vote of confidence, thanks, but we remember the NE vs Rams game. We might pass all the 2000 Rams records on offense this year in the next game. But the one thing that decided that SB was your QB was better than Warner, and your coach was better than Martz.
If we both meet in a SB at Lucas, We would be in the same situation. :)
BB is very aware how we play ball now, and he's better than SP, and Brady is better than Brees. Even if the media spins this as you being the underdogs because we pull off a epic win in lambeau, when they didn't give us chance.
Don't think for a second we don't understand we are the ones that are underdogs..

I picked the Giants, they are really great on defense and offense when playing well. To bad they are not more consistent.

I think the Cowboys are going to surprise some people Sunday Night and get in at #4 and a playoff year without a Manning involved :rocker:

I think the Cowboys are going to surprise some people Sunday Night and get in at #4 and a playoff year without a Manning involved :rocker:

I completely agree. They are not a better team, but for some reason Giants just can't pull together a complete season, and they have so much talent. Its ok though, Id rather play the Phallus Cow Toys ( we call them ) than the Giants a 2nd time.

I completely agree. They are not a better team, but for some reason Giants just can't pull together a complete season, and they have so much talent. Its ok though, Id rather play the Phallus Cow Toys ( we call them ) than the Giants a 2nd time.

The Giants secondary is not that much better than ours and I believe Bryant has a monster game.

The Giants secondary is not that much better than ours and I believe Bryant has a monster game.

yeah, but OMG there DL is insane, might be the best in the NFL with Umenyiora, Jason Pierre-Paul, Tuck, canty.

Last edited:
yeah, but OMG there DL is insane, might be the best in the NFL with Umenyiora, Jason Pierre-Paul, Tuck, canty.

That's where that game will be won....or lost

In the trenches

BTW Demarcus Ware will be on the other side as well :snob:

That's where that game will be won....or lost

In the trenches

BTW Demarcus Ware will be on the other side as well :snob:

I agree, this is a trench war fight. Neither team has a run game to beat the other, and their screen play is horrible. But in a folding pocket who is better Eli or Romo ?

Year after year of watching teams with great defenses over achieve. The Steelers have gone to 3 SB's in this decade with great defenses. The Ravens have been up there almost every year as well, barely getting beat by the Steelers mainly because Ben is on the Steelers and not the Ravens.

Ever notice the difference between those Patriot teams that won the SB. They had some of the best defenses in the league in those years. Is it really a coincidence that they haven't won one since than even with the best offense of all time?? When the Pats won their first SB?? Who did they beat?? That great offense of the Rams is who they beat. Again, the team with the great defense and average offense won that game. Of course NE had Brady, but still.

There have been two out of three teams that have won the SB in this last decade alone off of straight defense in the Ravens, Bucs, and the Bears who ended up losing to the Colts where Manning finally got his ring.

Out of all of those great years of Manning's offensive juggernut teams, he only has one ring and what was the main team that he kept losing to in the playoffs?? The Pats who had much better defense.

That great Jets defense beat that great Patriots offense last season as well.

Look at the Saints who had great offensive teams for years, but they didn't win the SB and start making the playoffs every year until they built a good defense behind it.

I think those are enough examples to illustrate my point.

Blah, blah, blah

In SB XL, the Seahawks ran up and down the field on the Steelers only to be screwed by the officiating. The Cardinals offense absolutely torched them. The only saving grace was their pass defense was even worse.

You do realize that the Steeler's defense against the Cardinals actually pitched the single greatest collapse in Super Bowl history?

How'd that defense work last year?

What was so "great" about giving up 29 points in Super Bowl XXXVIII?

The two defenses worthy of praise are SB XLII Giants and SBXXXVI Patriots.

Neither was a great defense. What both have in common was executing an outstanding gameplan.

The Jets also had a great gameplan last year. Not being able to carry over that in 2011 shows they are not a great defense.

This year's defense has been outstanding with game adjustments and conceptual gameplans. If you don't comprehend what's important, you get stuck worring about completely useless things like yards.

Last edited:
Right now, I'd say the Saints. Just don't really know about the Steelers' offense given the current state of Big Ben.

Steelers most balanced.

Overall forgetting balance equation: 1. Green Bay 2. Pittsburgh
3. New Orleans T 4. Baltimore, New England, San Francisco 7. New York Giants 8. New York Jets

Steelers most balanced.

Overall forgetting balance equation: 1. Green Bay 2. Pittsburgh
3. New Orleans T 4. Baltimore, New England, San Francisco 7. New York Giants 8. New York Jets

I guess I'm not understanding how the Steelers are more balanced than the Ravens.

Offensive Rankings:
Pit: #20 pts, #11 yds, -0.5 oSRS
Bal: #13 pts, #15 yds, 2.6 dSRS

Defensive Rankings:
Pit: #2 pts, #1 yds, 5.7 dSRS
Bal: #3 pts, #3 yds, 2.9 dSRS

The Ravens are pretty clearly more balanced - at least that's what the overall statistical profile suggests. And, while I think that Roethlisberger is better than Flacco and has some great weapons like Wallace, the fact is that Baltimore has some excellent weapons as well. Ray Rice is an absolute monster, and Boldin and Torrey Smith are very good wideouts. Ed ****son (53 rec, 508 yds, 5 td) is also putting up better stats than Heath Miller at TE (49 rec, 608 yds, 2 td).

So Baltimore has some absolutely terrific offensive talent. If Flacco plays well, their offense can be dynamic.

Yet they are still the #1 D in yards and something like #2 in points allowed.

To me turnovers are mostly a mistake by the other team and you can't count on turnovers...see awesome 2010 NE D.

So your answer is to torture non facts to prove something besides reality.

Here's a hint of what the problem was.

The last two playoff loses shows the opponent had 9 scoring drives. 6 of those drives started within field goal range.

Turnovers are two sided. Ya give up turnovers or turnover equivalents like returned onside kicks and muffed 4th down fake punt plays....and ya gots trouble.

Rule #2 of football- Don't give the opponent short fields.

Last edited:
I guess I'm not understanding how the Steelers are more balanced than the Ravens.

Offensive Rankings:
Pit: #20 pts, #11 yds, -0.5 oSRS
Bal: #13 pts, #15 yds, 2.6 dSRS

Defensive Rankings:
Pit: #2 pts, #1 yds, 5.7 dSRS
Bal: #3 pts, #3 yds, 2.9 dSRS

The Ravens are pretty clearly more balanced - at least that's what the overall statistical profile suggests. ...

The Stats don't tell you what QB (albeit injured), playing on a quality defensive team, is an experienced, clutch player, having played in 3 of past 6 Super Bowls, winning 2.

Last edited:
The Stats don't tell you what QB (albeit injured), playing on a quality defensive team, is an experienced, clutch player, having played in 3 of past 6 Super Bowls, winning 2.

So this is the next level of jibberish.

Do the stats indicate what QB has won 3 Super Bowls and played in 4?

Gee, do they give any indication who might have won the past two Super Bowls?

Only an opinion with not a second looking at any statistics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes