• Lions

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid~Brady

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Good football topic. Seeing as every NFL has their weaknesses, we still have good teams, whether it be a more offensively driven team or a tough defensive team.

Whats the most complete team currently? Not basing this question off just wins alone, but what team has the most balance in your opinion?

As much I hate to admit it, I'd have to say the Steelers have the most complete team to me. They have a good solid defense and a decent offense with weapons everywhere.

I had to go with the Steelers. The Pats', Packers' and Saints' offense are all superior to the Steelers'. I'd take the Steelers' offense over the Ravens' or 49ers'.

On defense, I'd lump the Steelers, Ravens' and 49ers pretty closely together, with the Pats, Packers' and Saints a good amount behind.

That being said, I do think we are capable of beating any team on our best day, as Brady said this week.

Steelers.

But I can't see the Patriots losing to them twice.

Have the BB led NEP ever lost to PIT in the post season?

It's the hated Steelers and it's not close IMO

Steelers in this list but Ravens scare me the most. Packers have the defensive players to really play well if they ever get it together. I don't quite understand what's wrong with that defense of theirs.

Yeah

The Steelers with the 23rd ranked scoring offense is definately more "complete" than the 13/14th ranked scoring defenses of the Packers/Patriots.

Makes sense to me.

Steelers.

But I can't see the Patriots losing to them twice.

Have the BB led NEP ever lost to PIT in the post season?

No they haven't.

I have to go with the steelers as well.

Where are the Texans?? No love?? Lol!!

JK! We're to banged up to get any votes, but they would easily had a lot of votes had they not lost their QB's, WR's, and certain defensive players all year.

I voted for the Saints.

Great trio of RB's, great trio of WR's to throw to. Amazing QB.

On defense they're pretty good up front and in the secondary and have a great LB in Vilma to lead them. Going into the season I had them as the most complete team behind the Eagles, and they have shown it all season in my eyes.

Last edited:
It's the Saints. They have the offense and their D is best out of the trio of offensive juggernauts.

Steelers are 2nd imo but they are banged up.

Tough question, but I went with the Saints. They are the only team I am truly scared of the Pats facing in the playoffs. Glad it won't be until the Superbowl (where anything can happen) if it happens. I just don't see how we stop that offense, as we couldn't stop it last time we played it, and it looked even better to me the other night (against the Falcons), and our D is worse. Their D is pretty good too. Greenbay has a great O, but Romeo showed how it can be contained, and their D isn't much better than ours.

Runner up would be the Steelers, but Big Ben is hurt and we have beaten the Steelers before, even when they've beaten us in the regular season.

Steelers in this list but Ravens scare me the most. Packers have the defensive players to really play well if they ever get it together. I don't quite understand what's wrong with that defense of theirs.

Ray lewis hasn't been the same since coming off the turf toe injury. His p,ay has declined a lot.

Yeah

The Steelers with the 23rd ranked scoring offense is definately more "complete" than the 13/14th ranked scoring defenses of the Packers/Patriots.

Makes sense to me.

A good point. Too bad the NFL ranks defense based on yards given and not scoring defense, we are still ranked dead last. Steelers just have the better balance, no matter what the stats say, Steelers defense is light years ahead of Patriots.

Where are the Texans?? No love?? Lol!!

JK! We're to banged up to get any votes, but they would easily had a lot of votes had they not lost their QB's, WR's, and certain defensive players all year.

I voted for the Saints.

Great trio of RB's, great trio of WR's to throw to. Amazing QB.

On defense they're pretty good up front and in the secondary and have a great LB in Vilma to lead them. Going into the season I had them as the most complete team behind the Eagles, and they have shown it all season in my eyes.

True!!

If you guys werent so banged up the Texans would definately be there. Good offense and defense. Weapons galore!

A good point. Too bad the NFL ranks defense based on yards given and not scoring defense, we are still ranked dead last. Steelers just have the better balance, no matter what the stats say, Steelers defense is light years ahead of Patriots.

Steelers D has only like 14 turnovers on the year. NE has something like 30.

That speaks volumes of how good their D is at just forcing their team off the field.

True!!

If you guys werent so banged up the Texans would definately be there. Good offense and defense. Weapons galore!

I'd love to see the Texans make a run, but I know that won't happen. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to see them win in the first game and then get to play the Pats in the 2nd week. I think a match up with the Texans would be an easy win for the Pats as I think the Pats would match up really really well against them right now.

I worry about the Pats against the Steelers and the Ravens. Especially the Ravens. I think we can beat the Steelers with Ben banged up right now. The Texans would be a nice little gift though if they can beat a team in the first round.

Just using profootball-reference's SRS rating (see explanation for this here: A very simple ranking system » Pro-football-reference.com blog » Blog Archive), here's what you're looking at:

Team: oSRS, dSRS = avgSRS
NE: 8.7, 0.0 = 4.35
GB: 10.9, 0.8 = 5.85
NO: 10.5, 0.2 = 5.35
Pit: -0.5, 5.7 = 2.60
Bal: 2.6, 2.9 = 2.75
Det: 5.9, -0.3 = 2.80
SF: 1.1, 7.6 = 4.35
NYG: 3.1, -2.2 = 0.45
Hou: 1.7, 3.7 = 2.70
Dal: 1.4, 0.8 = 1.10
Atl: 1.1, 2.3 = 1.70

So the most "balanced" would be Baltimore. That is, their offense and defense are almost equally good, according to this SRS rating. But the most "complete" team is obviously Green Bay. That is, their defense, according to this system, is better than average, and their offense is obviously unbelievably good.

Just using profootball-reference's SRS rating (see explanation for this here: A very simple ranking system » Pro-football-reference.com blog » Blog Archive), here's what you're looking at:

Team: oSRS, dSRS = avgSRS
NE: 8.7, 0.0 = 4.35
GB: 10.9, 0.8 = 5.85
NO: 10.5, 0.2 = 5.35
Pit: -0.5, 5.7 = 2.60
Bal: 2.6, 2.9 = 2.75
Det: 5.9, -0.3 = 2.80
SF: 1.1, 7.6 = 4.35
NYG: 3.1, -2.2 = 0.45
Hou: 1.7, 3.7 = 2.70
Dal: 1.4, 0.8 = 1.10
Atl: 1.1, 2.3 = 1.70

So the most "balanced" would be Baltimore. That is, their offense and defense are almost equally good, according to this SRS rating. But the most "complete" team is obviously Green Bay. That is, their defense, according to this system, is better than average, and their offense is obviously unbelievably good.

Baltimore's offense is as good as the Ravens defense? That doesn't sound right to me. Plus..all that chart really shows is how unbalanced certain teams are. You're not a complete team if you O scores 10 and D scores 0.

Steelers D has only like 14 turnovers on the year. NE has something like 30.

That speaks volumes of how good their D is at just forcing their team off the field.

It speaks volumes to the fact that they don't force turnovers.

Baltimore's offense is as good as the Ravens defense? That doesn't sound right to me. Plus..all that chart really shows is how unbalanced certain teams are. You're not a complete team if you O scores 10 and D scores 0.

Well usually in the post season the great defense beats the great offense when they match up. Great defenses usually can create a TO or two and give their offense a short field to work with and so they can gain momentum. Brady is certainly capable of passing his way through a great defense and being godly like, but with all these minor injuries I keep hearing about with Brady all year, I am starting to get pretty worried about Brady. They've got to win this weekend and get that bye so he can heal some.

What?

Ahhh, yeah, you are a complete team if the offense is 10 and the defense is 0.

Ya might want to watch Baltimore vs Tennessee or Baltimore vs San Diego.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots