PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mossssssss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said it before the season started that Moss was going to make an impact but Welker was going to be the cement in your offense. He was. He IS the Patriots best receiver. I know that Moss get all the attention but Welker is the first down machine. Moss has just been a problem everywhere he's been and I don't think it's going to change in NE. He may be all "ra-ra" right now but he'll flip on a dime, and has proven to. If I were the Pats I'de hand him his walking papers this coming year because he's going to be the highest paid WR in the history of the NFL and the Pats don't like paying for those types. Not to mention the Pats' cap is only at 10mil with many other players to sign.
Just some hysterical comments about BB and some 2007 draft picks and what happened. Fun reading and great predictions. I am not the author.
DW Toys

What's it been? Like a month and a half since the last standout game? Moss helps make guys like Welker, Gaffney, and Stallworth in the AFCCG play the way they've played.

Why go for the big play (the randy moss specialty) when you don't really have to?

Compare Moss getting heavy coverage to something like Manny/Ortiz/Bonds getting intentionally walked, they just dont have the chance to give you the longball that you really want to see.

Football is more of a team sport than baseball, and don't get me wrong, baseball is my first love, but it remains true. Everyone has their role, and sometimes that role is creating openings for other players and Moss has done that by drawing double/trip coverage to open up other receivers/TE's and blocking for Maroney.... he's had great games, despite what fantasy numbers might say

Well said. Intentional walking...great analogy.

I think there are actually a lot of Sox fans who watch the Pats in the baseball off season. Too many lately, perhaps. Winning does that.

Yea, clearly following two teams in two different sports is impossible. The popularity inferiority complex some Pats fans have is downright comical.

Yea, clearly following two teams in two different sports is impossible. The popularity inferiority complex some Pats fans have is downright comical.

Tough but not impossible.

The only thing I worry about with Moss is if he repeats his pattern following the Vikings 15-1 season. He came out of nowhere, like he did this year, and blew everyone away and they didn't know how to deal with it. Then they finally started double teaming him and he was much less effective until finally he got frustrated and started assuming he wasn't getting the ball because of the coverage.

If we resign him, I expect him to get double-covered nonstop next year and I hope and think he's gained the maturity to not get frustrated to the point where they don't need to double cover him anymore. But numbers aside, even if he doesn't catch a single TD pass next year, if he gets double covered every time he's in the game that is a HUGE weapon. Even if numbers make him look quiet, which is a big misconception about his supposed "absence" this postseason.

how long until spring training there?

there's a new reality for you--Patriots fans don't whine about stats

hey 4000 posts congrads . . . .

Here's what Moss had to say:

"All I want to do is to go out there and do whatever I can to help my team win this game. If it is going out there and blocking, getting one catch or 11 catches, no touchdowns, three touchdowns – whatever it may be. This is the last football game of the season. We'll have time to rest our bodies and our minds and reflect back on it afterwards. At this point, it doesn't have anything to do with statistics, MVP's and things like that. It's about getting the job done."

Nice politically correct answer but you know he is dying to put some numbers on the board after the past couple weeks.

Last edited:
Nice politically correct answer but you know he is dying to put some numbers on the board after the past couple weeks.

As would any receiver. Why? because people who don't understand football equate a lack of stats with a lack of impact. I'm sure Moss understands, as do BB and Brady, that Moss demanding coverage attention is a huge impacton the game, regardless of what his "numbers" are.

The only reason Moss would care would be so that mediots wouldn't say he was "silent." Other than that, I'm sure he is smart and experienced enough to not care.

Last edited:
Record holder...what else you want at least in this season.

I said it before the season started that Moss was going to make an impact but Welker was going to be the cement in your offense. He was. He IS the Patriots best receiver. I know that Moss get all the attention but Welker is the first down machine. Moss has just been a problem everywhere he's been and I don't think it's going to change in NE. He may be all "ra-ra" right now but he'll flip on a dime, and has proven to. If I were the Pats I'de hand him his walking papers this coming year because he's going to be the highest paid WR in the history of the NFL and the Pats don't like paying for those types. Not to mention the Pats' cap is only at 10mil with many other players to sign.

Maroney runs like he's "Staring at the Sky" :rolleyes:

I only hope he gets to have great time in SB. Either by playing big or by freeing up others by getting doubled or trippled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back