PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mossssssss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Sox_Fan

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Are we going to get to see the best of Moss any more? Boy those were the days. Wouldn't it be wonderful to see him raise?

Are we going to get to see the best of Moss any more? Boy those were the days. Wouldn't it be wonderful to see him raise?

The guys has betting getting doubled which is allowing Welker and the underneath game to rock. I have a feeling though he will break out, the Giants secondery sucks in a way that can only be described has hoover like.

how long until spring training there?

there's a new reality for you--Patriots fans don't whine about stats

Moss was up against 2 good secondaries in a row ... like I said 2 and not 3 because he did okay against the Giants and will do even better in the SB.

It would be nice to see Brady - Moss triumph when the history is made. But who cares...we just want the history in any form.

What's it been? Like a month and a half since the last standout game? Moss helps make guys like Welker, Gaffney, and Stallworth in the AFCCG play the way they've played.

Why go for the big play (the randy moss specialty) when you don't really have to?

Compare Moss getting heavy coverage to something like Manny/Ortiz/Bonds getting intentionally walked, they just dont have the chance to give you the longball that you really want to see.

Football is more of a team sport than baseball, and don't get me wrong, baseball is my first love, but it remains true. Everyone has their role, and sometimes that role is creating openings for other players and Moss has done that by drawing double/trip coverage to open up other receivers/TE's and blocking for Maroney.... he's had great games, despite what fantasy numbers might say

Here's what Moss had to say:

"All I want to do is to go out there and do whatever I can to help my team win this game. If it is going out there and blocking, getting one catch or 11 catches, no touchdowns, three touchdowns – whatever it may be. This is the last football game of the season. We'll have time to rest our bodies and our minds and reflect back on it afterwards. At this point, it doesn't have anything to do with statistics, MVP's and things like that. It's about getting the job done."

What's it been? Like a month and a half since the last standout game? Moss helps make guys like Welker, Gaffney, and Stallworth in the AFCCG play the way they've played.

Why go for the big play (the randy moss specialty) when you don't really have to?

Compare Moss getting heavy coverage to something like Manny/Ortiz/Bonds getting intentionally walked, they just dont have the chance to give you the longball that you really want to see.

Football is more of a team sport than baseball, and don't get me wrong, baseball is my first love, but it remains true. Everyone has their role, and sometimes that role is creating openings for other players and Moss has done that by drawing double/trip coverage to open up other receivers/TE's and blocking for Maroney.... he's had great games, despite what fantasy numbers might say

Not that long....... I'd call the NY Giants game in week 17 pretty stand-out (certainly in the highlight reel and record-setting department).

Last edited:
I don't many Pats fans that don't watch the Sox......:rolleyes:

Apparently we've never met...:eek:

I think there are actually a lot of Sox fans who watch the Pats in the baseball off season. Too many lately, perhaps. Winning does that.

Moss is gettin double covered and causing the Kevin Faulk's/Welker's of the world to get open. He's letting the defense sit back and have Maroney slowly kill them. At this point, I don't think it matters what Moss shows up. Wether they cover him enough, everyone else is open. And if they don't, god have mercy

Moss has drank the kool aid and he understands if he doesn't catch a pass it doesn't matter as long as the TEAM WINS. I believe that with 2 weeks to perpare that he is going to have a huge game. I think the Gaints are going to hang on the week 16 game way to much. Our offense had a great game, the defense will be corrected, and the Patriots win big. IMHO

how long until spring training there?

there's a new reality for you--Patriots fans don't whine about stats

um Fungi...you're joking right.

MARONEY is made of glass!!!!

Seymour sucks!!!

Hobbs cant play!!!!!!!!1

AD is a bust!!!!!!!!!

I guess the Raiders were right. Moss has lost a step. It just took an entire season for us to realize that. ;)

Here's what Moss had to say:

"All I want to do is to go out there and do whatever I can to help my team win this game. If it is going out there and blocking, getting one catch or 11 catches, no touchdowns, three touchdowns – whatever it may be. This is the last football game of the season. We'll have time to rest our bodies and our minds and reflect back on it afterwards. At this point, it doesn't have anything to do with statistics, MVP's and things like that. It's about getting the job done."

Couisn,
Randy Moss. The Bad Apple?????? I put this on the draft thread but I am bringing it here too. I found this piece that I saved from last year. I do not know the author but it is great fun;
Please read it. It discusses Welker and Moss pick ups. How have they helped us coming into this week cousins? Below is Hilarious.

(Mod Edit: The below was written by Bill Simmons of ESPN.com. It would be much appreciated - and keep the website out of legal trouble - if posters would attribute with a link.)

Per Ian Do Not cut and paste entire articles Do not cut and paste entire articles and post them here. You are allowed to take sentence or two and provide a link, but cutting and pasting an entire article is not allowed. I understand it's done elsewhere, but it is copyright infringement and we don't permit it.

Cousins,
Randy Moss. The Bad Apple?????? I put this on the draft thread but I am bringing it here too. I found this piece that I saved from last year. I do not know the author but it is great fun. Props to that writer last year!;

PART 2.Hilarious:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Mod Edit: The below was written by Bill Simmons of ESPN.com. It would be much appreciated - and keep the website out of legal trouble - if posters would attribute with a link.)

Per Ian Do Not cut and paste entire articles Do not cut and paste entire articles and post them here. You are allowed to take sentence or two and provide a link, but cutting and pasting an entire article is not allowed. I understand it's done elsewhere, but it is copyright infringement and we don't permit it.

Jeeeeeeeeeeze DW Toys. This is a message board. If you want to write a book go to Doubleday or something. Moss ROCKS!

Last edited:
I said it before the season started that Moss was going to make an impact but Welker was going to be the cement in your offense. He was. He IS the Patriots best receiver. I know that Moss get all the attention but Welker is the first down machine. Moss has just been a problem everywhere he's been and I don't think it's going to change in NE. He may be all "ra-ra" right now but he'll flip on a dime, and has proven to. If I were the Pats I'de hand him his walking papers this coming year because he's going to be the highest paid WR in the history of the NFL and the Pats don't like paying for those types. Not to mention the Pats' cap is only at 10mil with many other players to sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes