Not open for further replies.
Second year with the team...

Better chemistry with Tommy...

Three year deal under his belt....

Owns the Single Season TD record....

Tasted a Super Bowl....

Stats for 2008.....Legendary.

I agree. I see Moss around 87 catches for 1245 yards and 18 Td's

I think it'll be about the same. If the OL can protect...If we can run the ball and mix things up. If Gaffney or Jackson can do their part to keep the defense honest, he'll have a better year.

25 TDs, 1500 yards

95 rec, 1511 yds, 21 td

Assuming Randy and Tom are healthy, and the O-line does it's job, and we have a good running game...

I think the regular season stats will come down a bit to around the 15 TD mark. Part of this is that I really see the duo RB doing some good work injury free and simply putting the ball in the endzone on the ground. Also, I think in light of last year and the precipitous dropoff in Moss' post season numbers, I think week 15,16,17 will be low key for the older starters such as Moss, Bru, Seau (if he is around), Harrison and Sey and I wouldn't expect Moss to be hauling in 70 yard bombs once the 1 seed is locked up.

Last edited:
If Morris stays healthy and Maroney improves I see more of a running game this year with more rushing yards and therefore less yards for Randy and Brady

Randy - If healthy ALL year should have about 900-975 yards and about 16 TDs in 2008 - I will be surprised if he tops 1,000 this year as I think besides the running game Brady will go back to looking around for the open receiver and less forced throws to Moss which we all know happened more than a few times in 2007 - Brady was un-brady like in some games where there was another open receiver but he decided to squeeze it in to a double teamed Moss - sometimes it worked,sometimes it did not.

Last edited:
25 TDs, 1500 yards

I think a TRUCK ran over your head with those figures you posted - Moss is not 25 years old anymore - Still more than capable of 1,000 yards+ but your numbers leave me speechless.

I doubt he even touches 23 TDs this year.

Maroney SHOULD get more yards than Randy this year,I want a balanced team.

prob another huge year if he can stay healthy, maybe 92 1450 and 19

Last edited:
If there are no adverse consequences to nearly always going deep to Moss and nearly always short to Welker, I'd like to see both of them have the same if not better stats.

If there's an advantage to having a more balanced passing attack - short, mid and deep - I'd prefer to see both Moss and Welker have fewer catches and yards.

It's just a wacky theory I have but I can't help but feel doing so might have them both see less double coverage and have them more open when we really need a big play.

Last edited:
I think a TRUCK ran over your head with those figures you posted - Moss is not 25 years old anymore - Still more than capable of 1,000 yards+ but your numbers leave me speechless.

I doubt he even touches 23 TDs this year.

Maroney SHOULD get more yards than Randy this year,I want a balanced team.

And if someone told you last year that both Moss and Brady would break TD records, you'd have called them crazy too.

Moss and Brady will now have an entire year of knowing each other on and off the field to further the chemistry; plus the offseason of reflecting on what could've been and the motivation to improve upon it. I expect them both to break their own record.

95 receptions, 1000 yards, 15 TD's. Still great numbers , but after last season, it's more reasonable to see other teams defend him better and see Brady spread the wealth around more effectively, especially if either, or both Watson and Thomas can start seeing some spirals this year. If it's possible and we have these two healthy this year, the offense will be that much harder to defend with Moss, Welker, and (finger's crossed) Chad Jackson can start earning his keep.

90 or more receptions
1200 or more receiving yards
16 or more TD's if healthy for the whole season

And if someone told you last year that both Moss and Brady would break TD records, you'd have called them crazy too.

Moss and Brady will now have an entire year of knowing each other on and off the field to further the chemistry; plus the offseason of reflecting on what could've been and the motivation to improve upon it. I expect them both to break their own record.

I think last year caught alot of teams off guard as they were not ready for this combo - I think this year you will see teams study on how Moss for the most part got shut down the latter half of the season and work on that - There will be tougher yards to come by in 2008 for Moss and Welker no doubt in my mind - I am almost sure of that -
But OTOH I see a better performance from the rushing attack than last year if the OL holds up well.

If this team is not more of a ball controlled offense this year than the 45 second TD machine it was last year, I will be very surprised - I do not expect scoring to be as high either with more of regular season points in the mid to upper 400 range,not over 500.

I would be willling to bet anyone that there will be AT LEAST 9 or 10 games this year decided by 7 points or less between NE and its opponents.

90 or more receptions
1200 or more receiving yards
16 or more TD's if healthy for the whole season

Almost what I think.

90 or more receptions
1300 or more receiving yards
18 or more TDs

Moss had nineteen TDs with three games to play last year, if they diversify the passing attack or use the running game more I expect it to take a little longer to get to those numbers than before.

I don't care how much more running the Patriots do, barring injuries or Chad Jackson becoming equally great, Moss will not finish the year with fewer than 1000 yards. The passing game will still be the bread and butter of this team and the bread and butter of the passing game will still be Brady to Moss. They are both too good for him to finish with Deion Branch numbers.

I bet the coaching staff has had lots of meetings to analyse what teams
did to defend the big three Tommy,Randy and Wes. They also probably
know teams will try to focus on what seemed to work last year.

PATs need to be prepared for the Blitz and very little time for plays to
develop down field. Some teams they play won't be able to pressure
Tommy at all. Other teams will. I think our division has made moves that
help them get to Brady better.

Jets: Calvin Pace DE, Kris Jenkins DT , Vernon Gholston OLB/DE

Bills: Kawika Mitchell OLB, Marcus Stroud DT, Leodis McKelvin CB
( a few new CBs also ... if these guys work out could give front 7 more time)

Dolphins: Jason Ferguson NT, Reggie Torbor SLB, Akin Ayodele LB,
........... Phillip Merling DT 2nd Round,
........... Kendall Langford DT 4th Round (may surprise )
( lots of new Parcells type players on this team -can they gel this year ?)

There seems to be an effort in our division to be able get to the QB better.
It is a must .... every team has done something significant long these lines.

Assume this is the case, then PATs will need to counter. But How?
They haven't really improved their Oline ... if what happened against the
Giants was not a fluke ... then ... what our division opponents have done could
make a divison sweep a lot harder this year.

I do not think Tommy and Randy will have as much time as they did last
year to make connections. So Randy's numbers will fall off. Also if BB
sees this trend I wouldn't be surprised if the Offense has a new look which
will not be as much of Randy. This will also contribute to lower numbers
for Randy.
Bottom line: Randy may not be someone you put a lot of fantasy bucks on this year.

Last edited:
I think that Randy(and TB) will be better players, but they won't put up the same or better stats than last year because obviously teams will focus their strength on stopping them. we will be able to tell they are even better because despite this they're still gonna kick ass!:rocker:

I don't care about stats. I want a damn Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes