PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss, WWW, Edelman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patjew

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Is that the 3 receiver set we'll be seeing later this year?

Is that the 3 receiver set we'll be seeing later this year?

Next week. Edelman is clearly a better receiver than Galloway. Galloway looked piss poor all through TC and has brought hte same thing to the regular season. I think they have already waited too long to jettison him.

If the Pats wish to dink and dunk on offense then I see no reason to even start Galloway .... he's not suited to that style offense and, frankly, wasn't brought in for that type of service.

Galloway was brought in to make big plays downfield against defenses that choose to double up on Moss.

Unfortunately, the Pats braintrust hasn't figured out a way to get Galloway the ball downfield in order to utilize him properly but, hopefully, they'll figure out a way sometime soon. Lord knows they sure could use the help.

Next week. Edelman is clearly a better receiver than Galloway. Galloway looked piss poor all through TC and has brought hte same thing to the regular season. I think they have already waited too long to jettison him.

Edelman didn't know where to line up at times. They both had key drops, but Galloway looked better than he did last week.

We miss Jabar Gaffney

Not sure where the Galloway hate is coming from, but he had a potential 100 yard, 1 TD day had Brady not thrown a deep pass late. He'll be good enough in the long run.

Edelman looked good working the inside, he does'nt have the speed to be on the outside reciever in the 2x1 set, but when they are double slot, their gonna be tough to defend. Hopefully Galloway can make some big strides.

How many times did they go five wide today?

Edelman looked good working the inside, he does'nt have the speed to be on the outside reciever in the 2x1 set, but when they are double slot, their gonna be tough to defend. Hopefully Galloway can make some big strides.

He will. He's just not entirely used to this defense and it's an exercise in trying to teach an old dog new tricks... but it is working. He'll get up to snuff and having Welker and Edelman in the slots will give this offense some striking ability. Our offense will get going when Brady clears his mental hurdle. He made strides last week. Hopefully he can get it going against the Falcons.

edelmen will not take over joey, though he may be a better option at this point

Julian will be a spot slot receiver and a role like today if Welker is ever out. I view him as they are molding to be a Welker clone, and we rarely see Welker not in the slot.

Well said.

I was wondering if he could take on the Gafney role and then they could still put Galloway out there to stretch the D when they go 4 or 5 wide.

Galloway has gotten better since TC so don't give up on him too soon. That said, I would love to see Edelman and Welker working the slot together. The blitz would be almost useless with having those 2 options on the field. I think they would work well off of each other.

Not sure where the Galloway hate is coming from, but he had a potential 100 yard, 1 TD day had Brady not thrown a deep pass late. He'll be good enough in the long run.

Potential 100 yard 1 TD game? You cant knock Brady for underthrowing Galloway by a yard on that play. He was getting popped just as he threw that.

Galloway is awful. He was brought here to make plays when teams doubled Moss and Welker, today was a perfect day for him to shine and he did nothing. Him and Brady were not on the same page and you could tell Brady was getting frustrated with him. Edelman will eventually take over Galloways status as #3 reciever by the middle of the season.

You're not? Have you not watched him? I like your analysis mostly, but as of right now, Galloway is not fit to be in this offense. Almost having a 100-yard day is all well-and-good, but statistics aren't how you win games and rarely tell the whole story. His play has been poor, he's created no separation (aside from the one deep attempt), and he's struggled in press coverage. There was one illegal procedure call on him, and on two other plays I saw Moss wildly trying to get Galloway's attention because he was lined up incorrectly. Galloway is clearly struggling in all phases of his job - lining up, route running and, MOST IMPORTANTLY, catching.

Last edited:
The words "Brandon" & "Tate" have not been mentioned yet. Not saying he couldn't end up on IR after week 6, but if Galloway's so bad, maybe that's his in-season replacement.

The words "Brandon" & "Tate" have not been mentioned yet. Not saying he couldn't end up on IR after week 6, but if Galloway's so bad, maybe that's his in-season replacement.

FWIW, the Pats have from the end of Week 6 to the end of Week 9 to activate him off PUP, and then three weeks after the date they activate him to either add him to the 53 or IR him.

Brandon Tate can't get healthy fast enough. For that matter what about Aiken over Galloway. I've seen more in Aiken's one preseason performance than we'll ever see out of Galloway. The guy is soft as charmin !

Last edited:

Galloway didn't play very well, but, when Brady overthrows you for more than 1 or 2 plays... it ain't all your fault.

Galloway didn't play very well, but, when Brady overthrows you for more than 1 or 2 plays... it ain't all your fault.

Exactly. Galloway was streaking down the field at one point. If Brady had gotten the ball there on time, we'd be looking at a TD and an overtime game. As it stands, he did not and Lito Sheppard was able to catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down