PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss v. Welker (Your Help Needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd prefer NOT using INTs but definitely DO include drops. These are more in the receiver's control. The drawback is that judging a drop is somewhat subjective. The point that drops are not necessarily important seems a red herring.
To me anyway, there's a bigger drawback than even the subjective element that including drops would introduce--that being their relative unimportance. In the passer rating, an INT effectively "cancels out" a TD. There's no way the average drop comes close to the average TD or INT in its importance.

If you do a simple trade off, INT's for drops, you get results like the following:
Sims-Walker 869yds..7td 2dp 105.8
Moss........1,264yds 13td 8dp..99.0
AJohnson..1,569yds..9td 9dp...95.5

I see the point that drops are 100% (in theory) in the receiver's control, but using them in place of interceptions in this list doesn't give you as clear a picture of which players helped their team the most at the lowest cost to the team. That's what I'm going for anyway.

As others have said, the most precise way is probably to look at each INT and assign blame, but the NFL doesn't do that--yet.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back