Moss Turned Down 1-Year Offer With Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Moss Turned Down 1-Year Offer With Patriots
By: Ian Logue

It sounds like there was a shot that Randy Moss returning to New England, but a 1-year offer was what ended that possibility....

Too bad. Moss and Ocho would be a dream team.

Well i am not surprised at all.He still has a huge ego because he is Randy Moss but he is not the Moss of old.He should have taken the deal to try and win a ring.

You know... Carter did make a good point in the video about Moss potentially waiting to see how things go the next few weeks in training camp. Something tells me this story isn't over yet.

Randy just can't make a good decision. What team out there would give him anything BUT a one-year deal? He could've come here on a one-year pact, played like a demon, and continue his career wherever. Or do another one-year deal. He didn't have room for stupid pride to get in the way. Sheesh.

Same old Moss.

He wants a long term commitment or he aint playing.

Randy just can't make a good decision. What team out there would give him anything BUT a one-year deal? He could've come here on a one-year pact, played like a demon, and continue his career wherever. Or do another one-year deal. He didn't have room for stupid pride to get in the way. Sheesh.

I totally agree. At this point Randy should be glad to even get an one year deal with any team let alone the Pats. If he badly wants that ring he should take the deal and work hard for the team.

Let me start of by saying I love Randy Moss.
I named multiple championship fantasy football teams after him...

Jealous of 85??
Play your ass off and FORCE them to resign you to a multi year deal.

Yeah yeah I know you were the greatest ever blah blah, but that's in the past.

Over here, we take it 1 play at a time, 1 series at a time, one quarter at a time, one game at a time, one quarter season at a time, one year at a time. And especially with the fiasco from last year, come prove it.

I think Carter did not speak or use his words carefully.
I don't think the PATs offered Moss any deal this year. He was referring to last summer.
Carter is confusing to listen. His thoughts are so eclectic.

I love what Randy did here but I hated it when a first down play would be a low percentage 30+ yard heave downfield to Randy for an incompletion> I felt it took away a down and didn't really play to the Patriots streingths. When it works it was amazing and caused defenses to play outside their comfort zones. When it didn't it turned the ball over quickly and forced a mediocre defense to do more than they were able.

Too late....he retired

I am highly skeptical of anything Chris Carter says. His agenda and motive is orthogonal to truth. And vuudu could well be right that an inarticulate agenda driven Carter was referring to 2010.

Last edited:
Honestly, until this is said by a confirmed source I am not going to buy it. I cannot see Moss turning down a 1 day contract to come back to New England. I'm not saying it's not true, i'm just very skeptical, especially when NO confirmed source has even touched this matter. So far were basing this off of Cris Carter. I can't believe this was even approved as an article.

I don't see why anyone would turn down money for something they love to do. Especially a place that you WANT to go to! When has ANY PLAYER EVER retired rather than play one more year in the place they want to for a super bowl contending team?

Maybe he did, but until it is confirmed by multiple credible sources then it is utter nonsense to me.

Glad it didnt happen

We might as well had signed Terrell Owens as well with Chad,Randy and Terrell forming the Barnum and Bailey's Three Ring Circus in Foxboro :rolleyes:

I love what Randy did here but I hated it when a first down play would be a low percentage 30+ yard heave downfield to Randy for an incompletion> I felt it took away a down and didn't really play to the Patriots streingths. When it works it was amazing and caused defenses to play outside their comfort zones. When it didn't it turned the ball over quickly and forced a mediocre defense to do more than they were able.

I agree with you 90%. But you have to think, in 2007 it was a disgusting combination. The defense was GREAT, D-line, Line-backers, Cornerbacks and safeties. It was a GREAT group of guys! 2008 brought Cassel which was a whole different level than Brady to Moss. Hell of a lot more incompletions and the defense was aging noticeably and it didn't help our CB's took a bad hit with the loss of Samuel and LB'rs weren't any better with the loss of Adalius Thomas who was having a pretty good season till he got hurt. 2009 was the worst year, offense had no rhythm, defense struggled with no pass rush, no linebackers and corners trying to revitalize their careers.

I just feel like the defense is almost/ might be at a point were taking shots down field will be more effective than just a pass/run balanced offense.

The "wanting long-term security" push and retiring in the absence of a long-term deal doesn't make sense. The prospect of long-term security does not improve with retirement, but it may with a one-year deal if you perform. Why not just stay a free agent and look for a team offering that deal?

Even accepting the Moss ego argument, that story sounds fishy.

I just saw this thread already knowing beforehand of his retirement.

This Randy would just be like last years version and ruin the team.

Thnx kai bye

I'm sorry, but Chris Carter is a moron and i'll need a better source than him to believe it.

I'm sorry, but Chris Carter is a moron and i'll need a better source than him to believe it.

Lol he certainly is but he had the most ridiculous hands ever! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye