PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss trade GENIUS no matter how it works out

Status
Not open for further replies.
And BTW, as with Dillon, I actually have enormous respect for Randy Moss. He gets pi$$ed off with coaches and teammates who don't do what it takes to win. When he thinks the team is trying to win, he is the first on the practice field, the first in the film room, and last out. He is a LEADER is the huddle and in the locker room. He kicks butt! Against this backdrop, he is also one of the top few wide receivers in football.
Oh please Mark, when he thinks the team is trying to win? That's not leadership if he joins the parade and waves a flag. Randy Moss has a long history of not doing what it takes to win, regardless of what others are doing on the team. If he goes out and works at the game the way we know he can, great, just don't soil yourself with excitement over "a team leader" who only puts in the effort when everybody else does. This has the potential to be a great deal, and it's low overhead, but it's only a great deal when he's here doing his job like a Patriot.

EDIT: Cory Dillon had a reputation for playing hard even when the team around him failed to show up, there is no comparison.

Last edited:
Tom Brady just jumped up and down and high-fived Giselle!

This is a low risk/ high reward move. I'm not a big Moss fan but if he can shut his mouth and play it will be the steal of the decade.

In Bill I trust!

I think the Pats did what they could to mitigate the risk, to the extent even of warning/enlisting "player leaders" in the decision. Obviously, Moss needs to understand he is a junior partner in this endeavor, although possibly will be a high producer.

But I don't call it low risk/high reward... I would say moderate risk/high reward, in which they've done their due diligence not only in assessing risk but in mitigating it up-front, from both the interpersonal and contractual point of view (i.e., Moss not demanding his 10M to play for NE.)

PFnV

Now matter how it works out?

How about he ruins the team chemistry and they fail to make the playoffs because of it?

How about he ruins the team chemistry and they fail to make the playoffs because of it?
You mean like your quarterback badmouthing his O-line two years ago at the post-game press conference after they lost at home to the Steelers?

I think the Pats did what they could to mitigate the risk, to the extent even of warning/enlisting "player leaders" in the decision. Obviously, Moss needs to understand he is a junior partner in this endeavor, although possibly will be a high producer.

But I don't call it low risk/high reward... I would say moderate risk/high reward, in which they've done their due diligence not only in assessing risk but in mitigating it up-front, from both the interpersonal and contractual point of view (i.e., Moss not demanding his 10M to play for NE.)

PFnV

A fourth rounder is a low risk in my book. We'll see how his contract effects the cap. I'll let the money-men deal with that. (I'm a football fan who doesn't care much for the financial intricacies of the league so long as it doesn't prohibit the signing of a key player). I'm excited about the Moss trade! :rocker:

This will not happen. No way Belichick lets him be a bad influence in the locker room, with the depth we have at WR he will be cut if he so much as thinks of making trouble. If Randy Moss becomes a locker room cancer and they fail to make the playoffs because of it I will donate $1000 to Miguel's charity.

Last edited:
You mean like your quarterback badmouthing his O-line two years ago at the post-game press conference after they lost at home to the Steelers?

I hope your team can bounce back from Tom Brady shouting and pointing at his WR's last year after running the wrong routes and costing them, basically, another SB ring.

Im not a Patriots hater and obviously think this move is a good one. OAK wanted a first rounder at the deadline last year and ended up with a 4th this year. If Moss can shut his mouth its a big win for NE

I hope your team can bounce back from Tom Brady shouting and pointing at his WR's last year after running the wrong routes and costing them, basically, another SB ring.

Im not a Patriots hater and obviously think this move is a good one. OAK wanted a first rounder at the deadline last year and ended up with a 4th this year. If Moss can shut his mouth its a big win for NE

I'm sure there will be a lot less pointing and shouting at the WR's this season. Besides, that's not the reason the Pats lost last year. It was the soft middle of the defense. Don't forget the Pats scored a bunch of points against the Colts "D" as well.

People forget that during the Patriots 2001 Superbowl run they had a wide receiver who tried to ruin the team chemistry. Her name, Terry Glenn. She failed to keep the Pats from winning the prize and I have no doubt that Bill Belichick and the Patriot team leaders can handle Randy Moss.

I predict the pointing will be upward--to the Almighty--after NE scores TD after TD.

The rest of the AFC should be purchasing truckloads of Depends, aka adult disposable undergarments, looking at the Pats on paper right now.

All the AFC East teams had good drafts, except maybe Miami's inexplicable decision to bypass Brady Quinn, but what the Pats have done has definitely opened eyes across the league.

Barring injuries, this team looks loaded to win now. Read the Don Banks column at SI.com.

No matter how this ends up, getting the potential of what Moss could be here for a 4th rounder is genius.
Moss MUST come in, shut up, and play hard. If he does, it was the steal of the decade, if he does not, we lose a 4th.

The potential for this offense is scary. Moss and Stallworth will open up the deep and intermediate game like we have never seen here. What you may not get with them, (the Branch/Brown underneath routes with rac) comes from Welker, Caldwell, Gaffney, Jackson, and/or Washington.
Oh, and what does this open up for the freakish receiving ability of Ben Watson?

The threats of receivers probably does more for Maroney in the running game than upgrading the OL would have.
The potential of this offense is the scariest I've seen in Pats history.
nonsense, ask philly if TO was worth the trouble.

nonsense, ask philly if TO was worth the trouble.
Invalid comparison. The jury has long ago returned a guilty verdict on TO; Moss is just impatient with mediocrity. Even some of the complaints against him coming out of college seem almost quaint by today's standards--he accosted a racist and smoked some marijuana, which has been the case with a lot of the draftees today. And if they've come clean about it, it hasn't generally been to their detriment.

TO has severe problems, ask some of his former teammates like Donovan McNabb. On the other hand, Kerry Collins has nothing but high praise for Moss.

Predition: Moss will light up the league this year, scoring 17 TDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back