PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss' Toughness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir

Rookie
Reaction score
I was disappointed that no one asked him this during postgame. After the play where he went down (2nd quarter?) literally my stomach sank. He went down pretty hard, it looks like he got the wind blown out of him or maybe even a slight concussion. To my amazement, he comes back after a play and scores a TD.

Would we have seen this from the Moss of old in his Raider days? I think so. We always hear the "afraid to go down the middle" or the "doesnt want to be touched" side of Randy from the media but what I saw there was a warrior.

I remember reading this here, Randy is a smart football player. It may seem like he is dogging it after catching a pass b/c he immediately drops to the turf or like he is not trying to get more YAC...but really, Randy is doing best for the team and himself. I would rather see Randy fall to the turf than gain a couple extra yards and injure himself in the process.

One example comes to mind...TO. The man is an athletically gifted receiver and I cant dog on him for giving it his all but injuries plague this man and his team. Obviously he is that offense's best asset (Moss still better) but to lose him to injury because he is fighting for an extra yard is dumb.

What Moss showed me last night and throughout the whole year, is that he is a warrior. A smart one that puts himself and his team in the best position to win. Good for him to shut up the media.

Plus he's made some great blocks in the last two games.

Moss is not a tough player. He avoids contact whenever possible. The play he went down; the guy put a shoulder into him (essentially stood him up); its not like the guy came flying at him.
And its okay that he's not. He's not a weak player either. But one can hardly put him in the tough category.

Moss is not a tough player. He avoids contact whenever possible. The play he went down; the guy put a shoulder into him (essentially stood him up); its not like the guy came flying at him.
And its okay that he's not. He's not a weak player either. But one can hardly put him in the tough category.

Up until this year I would have agreed with you. I guess a leopard really can change his spots.

That was a helmet to helmet hit on Moss(uncalled).

What's more impressive than supposed "toughness"

is Moss running a 50 yd pattern on the ball he dropped....followed by running a 65 yd pattern on the very next play........THAT'S Toughness:rocker:

Up until this year I would have agreed with you. I guess a leopard really can change his spots.

He is a warrior this year.

No doubt he didn't go out of his way to engage in contact (which would be stupid anyway with his build) in the past.

He is blocking, taking hits and giving as good as he gets.

Todd Pinkston he is not.

I agree we need to help him avoid contact, it just plays into the defenses hands.

But I just love tough players and Randy Moss Patriot is a tough S.O.B. period!

Welker is typically down on the ground before a defender is within two yards of him. Yet nobody questions his toughness, nor should they.

Then who's that guy I see being roughed up by 3 or 4 guys every play, going long play after play and playing almost every snap every game?

Sure looks like Moss! Former Moss basher here and I'm just loving every part of his game this year!

He's made plenty of blocks this year so your characterization is off base in my opinion.

But in last nights game he wasn't exceptionally dinged up if you ask me - but he's smart enough to take his time, give everyone, including himself, a breather, and was ready by the next play.

At least one block that I saw him make last night could have been considered an illegal block - but hey, at least he's trying.

I disagree. He was hit helmet to helmet, a cheap shot. Im not putting him in the tough NFL player category; I just think what other NFL players and the media have to say about his lack of toughness is overexaggerated, and in some cases I dont want him to be tough. WR's are better off just falling down, and like what Fencer said, Welker does the same thing but he doesnt get dogged by other players or the media.

That was a helmet to helmet hit on Moss(uncalled).

What's more impressive than supposed "toughness"

is Moss running a 50 yd pattern on the ball he dropped....followed by running a 65 yd pattern on the very next play........THAT'S Toughness:rocker:

Absolutely right...

I could care less about Moss not being considered "tough"...we have a bunch of huge lineman for that role...give me the 100 catches, 1300 yds and 23 tds, thank you very much.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back