PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss to Revis: "You've got 60 minutes of this slouch"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holy Diver

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
On matching up with star Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis this Sunday, and his reaction to Revis calling him a "slouch" during an offseason interview:

Moss: "Aw, man, words don't really hurt me. I guess he's entitled to say what he wants to say, but then again, we're coming to the Meadowlands on Sunday, so you've got 60 minutes of this slouch, so I don't really get into the trash-talking, but if what he called me was a slouch, I guess the slouch will be there to see you on Sunday."

Heh, I forgot he said that.

Hell yeah Moss. Last time they played Moss caught a TD on Revis, regardless of how close they were he still did thus eliminating him being "shut down".

Play well Randy. For the love of God play well.

It would be a nice topic of conversation to have our #1 wideout abuse their #1 corner. That would suck the life right out of the organization and fan base.

Last edited:
Heh, I forgot he said that.

Hell yeah Moss. Last time they played Moss caught a TD on Revis, regardless of how close they were he still did thus eliminating him being "shut down".

I CAN NOT wait for the Moss and the Patriots to shut those diarrhea mouths up on Sunday!

Hopefully it's an epic battle. sometimes the battle is less than the talk ... I hope it's a great battle with Randy winning this MMA in 4 quaters. Moss was hurting last time ... he looks ripe right now.

Last edited:
I think our TE's are going to eat them alive. This is going to be fun.

Last edited:
What I wouldn't give for 150 yards and 2 TDs from Moss on Sunday, all against Revis.

I would be shocked if Revis wasn't given safety help over the top on Sunday. With that, I think Moss is taken out of the game. Revis is tough enough to have a good day on by yourself as it is. With safety help, it's going to be impossible. In this case, we have enough weapons to hurt the Jets even without Moss. Tate is a favorable match-up against Cromartie and Welker should absolutely abuse Wilson.

personally i recon it's a no win for randy if he has a 3 catch 40 yard game everyone will be saying revis shut him down.

If he goes nuts everyone will say meh revis was just rusty after no training camp e.t.c

Tell you what tho i hope he dominates and gets like 3 td's then says Revis seems "slow and took plays off"

Play well Randy. For the love of God play well.

It would be a nice topic of conversation to have our #1 wideout abuse their #1 corner. That would suck the life right out of the organization and fan base.

Kyle Wilson looked awful on MNF. So I think the Pats will abuse their weak link instead of running their heads into a wall just to prove a point. If Moss gets open, Brady will definitely take his shots downfield though.

Yup Brady starts with the letter "B" and Revis is only one letter away from becoming Bevis....... Sometimes Karma has a special treat in store for folks like Revis who constantly thump their own chest.......

Problem as I see it is that revis shut him down last time. Remember that last play to Moss...trying to gt SOMETHING on the day.

Brady's long ball gets too much air under it...a guy like Revis is smart enough to play the ball and break it up (or intercept it).

They should run more slants or comebacks or whatever instead of the deep, deep ball to moss which almost never seems to be completed unless he's open by 5 yards or so.

Problem as I see it is that revis shut him down last time. Remember that last play to Moss...trying to gt SOMETHING on the day.

Brady's long ball gets too much air under it...a guy like Revis is smart enough to play the ball and break it up (or intercept it).

They should run more slants or comebacks or whatever instead of the deep, deep ball to moss which almost never seems to be completed unless he's open by 5 yards or so.

Slant plays are great if your timing is good and your rhythm isn't disrupted. But they are also the easiest ones for a defense to sit on and pick off if they diagnose the play right. The Jets defense is fairly disruptive so I don't think it's going to be so simple as just calling a bunch of slants and comebacks. The Pats screen game and passing game to the TE has been very effective so I expect to see more of that incorprated in the offense. The double tight end look has worked well for the Pats thus far.

60 minutes? Moss won't be on the field when the Jets have the ball. Based on the Ravens-Jets game, I'd say it'll be closer to 53 minutes.

Slant plays are great if your timing is good and your rhythm isn't disrupted. But they are also the easiest ones for a defense to sit on and pick off if they diagnose the play right. The Jets defense is fairly disruptive so I don't think it's going to be so simple as just calling a bunch of slants and comebacks. The Pats screen game and passing game to the TE has been very effective so I expect to see more of that incorprated in the offense. The double tight end look has worked well for the Pats thus far.

Cromartie looked terrible in the slot, so Moss on one side, Edelman and Welker in the slot against Cromartie and Wilson. Don't forget the guys that thought we should draft Wilson over McCourty.

He remembers so that is nice. Ahh I can't wait till we kill the Jets. I hate them.

What I wouldn't give for 150 yards and 2 TDs from Moss on Sunday, all against Revis.
Same. Of course I want a win, but a win + Moss beasting on Revis would make it perfect.

One thing is for sure, the Jets are going to treat this like a superbowl. They know that starting 0-2 when your first 2 games were at home is gonna be putting a ton of pressure on Mark Sanchez when he's struggling to handle the buzz around the Jets as is.

A motavated Moss is a dangerous Moss.

I would be shocked if Revis wasn't given safety help over the top on Sunday. With that, I think Moss is taken out of the game. Revis is tough enough to have a good day on by yourself as it is. With safety help, it's going to be impossible. In this case, we have enough weapons to hurt the Jets even without Moss. Tate is a favorable match-up against Cromartie and Welker should absolutely abuse Wilson.

So who covers Edelman? Or the 3-headed monster TE corps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back