PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss to Colts now???

Status
Not open for further replies.

workhorse

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I figured that there weren't enough threads about Randy Moss going. :D Ain't no way it would ever happen, but boy would the Colts' receiver core be scary. Harrison, Wayne, and Moss...who would you cover?

workhorse said:
I figured that there weren't enough threads about Randy Moss going. :D Ain't no way it would ever happen, but boy would the Colts' receiver core be scary. Harrison, Wayne, and Moss...who would you cover?

Do you know how many guys Indy would have to cut to make that deal happen? I agree it would make them scary, but they'd still find a way to lose in the playoffs...

Jacky Roberts said:
Do you know how many guys Indy would have to cut to make that deal happen? I agree it would make them scary, but they'd still find a way to lose in the playoffs...

Actually I think the Colts were several million under the cap before the Simon thing, then you take away his cap hit and they probably wouldn't be too far off. Still there is NO way that it would happen, but I figured the thread name alone would make a couple hearts skip a beat.

Yeah, the confluence of trading deadline and bye week is a killer. We haven't seen this many threads about one player since that tempest in a teapot when some crazy people actually thought the Pats might trade Deion Branch. Hey, wait a second...;)

NEM said:
Moss to Phoenix Suns. Charles Barkley convinces Moss to forego football and go to the hoops. :)

Moss is convinced that the 48 minute game is more to his liking than the 60 minute one. Besides, he says, it doesnt snow indoors.

You know you joke, but I could see it happening at some point. He still talks about how good of a baller he was and playing with White Chocolate.

Last edited:
patchick said:
Yeah, the confluence of trading deadline and bye week is a killer. We haven't seen this many threads about one player since that tempest in a teapot when some crazy people actually thought the Pats might trade Deion Branch. Hey, wait a second...;)

I think I just hear that the Seahawks are trading Branch straight up for Moss now. That what "league insiders" might be saying or something close to that or not.

workhorse said:

Teams wouldn't have to cover anyone...the Colts D would be too busy trying to stop the run.

zoostation said:
Teams wouldn't have to cover anyone...the Colts D would be too busy trying to stop the run.

Ha! Exactly right. Shaking in my boots at the mere sight of this thread? Please. I rolled my eyes. As though adding another offensive weapon when their defense sucks should be scary to anyone.

Last I checked Moss wasn't much help stopping the run.

Actually last night, I was thinking about how scary the Bears would be if they had Peyton Manning.

You know what would be really funny? Pretty soon on the PFT rumormill, they will mention that several Patriots' insiders and at least one Colts' insider have been discussing that the Colts are in the running for Moss before the trade deadline.

workhorse said:
You know what would be really funny? Pretty soon on the PFT rumormill, they will mention that several Patriots' insiders and at least one Colts' insider have been discussing that the Colts are in the running for Moss before the trade deadline.

Brilliant! Let's fan the flames and make it a three-way deal:

- Matt Cassel to Raiders
- Randy Moss to Colts
- Adam Vinatieri to Patriots

:eat3:

patchick said:

- Matt Cassel to Raiders
- Randy Moss to Colts

LOL! That's brilliant.

Pawn512 said:
Last I checked Moss wasn't much help stopping the run.

Not to stray too far away from the trade talk that this thread is based on, the Colts have been using their offense to stop the run for several years. If you jump out to a two or three TD lead, you take away a lot of running games.

workhorse said:
Not to stray too far away from the trade talk that this thread is based on, the Colts have been using their offense to stop the run for several years. If you jump out to a two or three TD lead, you take away a lot of running games.

Except when you run into a good team in the playoffs. We all know what happens then.

patchick said:

- Matt Cassel to Raiders
- Randy Moss to Colts

Looks like parts are starting to leak into the mainstream media. NBCSports.com say Moss not heading to the Pats, they just didn't mention that talks are still on going and Moss will end up in Indy.

workhorse said:
Actually I think the Colts were several million under the cap before the Simon thing, then you take away his cap hit and they probably wouldn't be too far off. Still there is NO way that it would happen, but I figured the thread name alone would make a couple hearts skip a beat.

Get to a Super Bowl and our hearts would skip a beat.

Until then, you are the Ringless Wonders.

workhorse said:
I just wasted 5 minutes reading a thread that is completely unfounded in any truth or rumor. My bad for not stoppping after the opening post.

Fanfrom1960 said:
I just wasted 5 minutes reading a thread that is completely unfounded in any truth or rumor. My bad for not stoppping after the opening post.

Actually it is totally founded in rumor. But like every other trade thread about Moss there is no truth to back it up....yet. ;)

moss to colts would be the worst move ever....

you already have an elite wr in harrison, along with an amazing receiver in wayne.....not to mention brandon stokley is a very very good 3rd receiver...that'd just be a waste to trade for moss....colts are better off trading a running back b/c colts running game is terrible...adding moss would be the worst move, if i was the gm, i'd fire dungy for even considering a trade for moss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back