PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss to be a Packer soon! - Felger

Status
Not open for further replies.
He might actually make Lord Favre look better.

Pretty good deal for the Packers because they get rid of a boo boo

in Aaron Rodgers. This gives the Raiders another stiff to break in at

quarterback.

The Raiders really are in a massive mess. It's hard to see how Aaron Rodgers changes anything much. Just as it's difficult to see how Dominic Rhodes really improves things.

And they are still in a huge quandary at the top of the board. I really think Crazy Al's going to destroy all these mocks and go with Calvin Johnson.

If it were me picking for them I'd go with Joe Thomas and start attending to the business of keeping running backs and quarterbacks on their feet.

Better the Packers than us. I wonder if the Pats' "interest" in Moss was purely a smokescreen by the Raiders to drive up the price. Granted I don't know if the old fogie, Al Davis, is smart enough to pull that anymore.

ohhhh so we are going to trade Green Bay now to get Moss?
wow that's nuts.

Of course he has to start it with this little nugget of sarcasm :

"For those holding out hope that the Patriots plans to revamp the wide receiver position included trading for Randy Moss, we have some bad news for you."

Last edited:
It make sense when you consider Al Davis. He would not want to pay a QB #1 pick money. I don't know that this will really shakes up the draft unless the Raiders trade down now. The first 5 or so picks are still going to be the same, the order is just changed a bit now.

This would make watching those Packers games the networks forces on us a little more interesting. This has some dramatic potential whether it works on the field or not. Kinda like TO lite. Packers fans have been openly opposed to this and the FO has taken some serious heat for even considering it. In most markets that wouldn't matter, but in Green Bay those fans are the owners of the team...

If Randy and Brett can connect on enough bombs to get to the playoffs, all will be forgiven. If not, or if Randy has indeed lost enough of a step he can't catch up with Brett's wild assed heaves, or if Brett still finds himself scrambling around looking for an open WR while Driver is doubled up because Randy checked out when the call wasn't designed to go to him... There may not be enough busses in the state of Wisconcin to cover the demand for Brett and Randy to throw each other under plus the fans to throw Randy and their FO under.

And I wonder how Aaron Rogers feels about the prospect of getting out from under the QB who will never retire only to land in a black hole. Quinn and Russell are probably heaving a sigh of relief.

Last edited:
The reason this deal went down is Al Davis gets a former #1 pick for Moss.

Thank god we are Pats fans, this looks like a loose loose situation for both teams, not sure who benefits from this.

Thank god we are Pats fans, this looks like a loose loose situation for both teams, not sure who benefits from this.

Not Aaron Rodgers, that's for sure. He gets to be the AFC West punch bag for a season or two.

Based on what I saw out of Rogers during the preseason and this past season when he came in v.s. us, I don't think that's a very wise move.

I actually think it's a good move for the Raiders. Rodgers went to Cal, so he's going home to the Bay Area. With the addtion of Dominick Rhodes, Aaron Rodgers and Calvin Johnson, their offense will be improved. I don't think you can you can predict that Rodgers will be terrible on a few preseason games and the 2 minutes he played against us. I think he will be a good one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Double bonus for Favre.

He gets a good wide receiver who can open the field (when he feels like it). If you throw out the huge contract and the attitude issues, any team that adds Randy Moss probably improves its receiving corps.

He also gets rid of Aaron Rodgers, who more and more fans will clamor for as Favre continues to decline. If Green Bay is forced to restart at QB, this isn't the year to be doing it with a rookie. After Quinn and Russell, there is not much to be excited about. Which means Green Bay will need Favre to stick around well into his dotage.

Funny that Green Bay also has to give up a 2008 7th round pick.
OK, OK, you sure drive a hard bargain Al. We give up. We'll give you a future 7th rounder. There, are you happy now?
How many points is a future 7th rounder worth on the trade charts, anyway?

Too bad for Oakland that Atlanta wouldn't accept this deal.

The one thing that makes sense is it allows Oakland to truly consider drafting the best player available, rather than be hostage to its need for a QB. If they believe that Russell is the best overall talent, then they can take him. Rodgers isn't so dominant that you would pass over a great QB talent to get him. If they believe Calvin Johnson is the most talented player, they can take him and give Rodgers a weapon.

I have to wonder when Felger wrote the article. Was it before or AFTER Lane Kiffen and the rest of the Raider Coaching staff has orgasms over JaMarcus Russell's Pro-Day yesterday.

I don't see the Raiders trading the pick unless Big Al has gone completely senile and plans on alienating his brand new coach.

Seems like a reasonable proposition for both sides. Remember that Moss is due a big payday this season that the Raiders have no interest in fulfilling.

Think of it as a high-level version of the Bethel Johnson for Johnathan Sullivan deal: my problem for your problem.

I don't buy it. Sounds to me like someone in the Green Bay organization is yanking Felger's chain. Rodgers sucks. There's no way they can look at Jamarcus Russell or Quinn up close and decide they want Aaron Rodgers. The guy can't even be an NFL backup.

Not Aaron Rodgers, that's for sure. He gets to be the AFC West punch bag for a season or two.
I'm not sure if that is worse than holding a clipboard or not. At least he gets to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes