PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss the 7th best FA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojocaster.com

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
According to Scout.com, Randy Moss is the 7th best FA this year...

OLB 1 Lance Briggs UFA 5 6-0/242 Arizona Chicago
DE 2 Jared Allen Fran. 4 6-6/265 Idaho State Kansas City
CB 3 Marcus Trufant Fran. 5 5-11/199 Washington State Seattle
CB 4 Asante Samuel UFA 5 5-10/185 Central Florida New England
OG 5 Alan Faneca UFA 10 6-5/307 LSU Pittsburgh
OLB 6 Terrell Suggs Fran. 5 6-3/260 Arizona State Baltimore

What say you?

Re: R. Moss the 7th best FA?

Such a joke they have Assante ranked higher Than Randy.
Anybody wanna buy a brand new never worn Assante Samuel replica jersey 30 bucks?

Considering 3 of those players on the list are franchised, it's really not much of a list.

What say me?

Me say, any Idiot can start a web site and force their opinions thoughts on the world. ;)

I think he may be at 7 bc his value with the Patriots is much higher than it is for almost every other team in the league. No other team has a Tom Brady or BB. For Randy to have the season he did this year, it requires those components or components that are similar. Most teams know they dont have that, meaning he is of significantly less value.

I think he may be at 7 bc his value with the Patriots is much higher than it is for almost every other team in the league. No other team has a Tom Brady or BB. For Randy to have the season he did this year, it requires those components or components that are similar. Most teams know they dont have that, meaning he is of significantly less value.

I hate to say this, but with Marvin Harrison fading, don't you think Pay-me-a-ton Whining would love to have Randy? I have no idea what the salary cap situation is up there, but my bet is that they would be tempted... ;)

One think I am happy to see with the leaving of Asante Samuel.

No more

Assante Samuel
Asante Samuels
Assante Samuels

Last edited:

I hate to say this, but with Marvin Harrison fading, don't you think Pay-me-a-ton Whining would love to have Randy? I have no idea what the salary cap situation is up there, but my bet is that they would be tempted... ;)

Last I heard on NFLN, Colts were quarter of a million over the cap. This is the last time I heard though, and this was after Clark's signing. I'm sure Peyton would love to have Randy, def. Randy would do just as well in Indy as in NE, so yeah...haha talk about worst case scenario.

Last I heard on NFLN, Colts were quarter of a million over the cap. This is the last time I heard though, and this was after Clark's signing. I'm sure Peyton would love to have Randy, def. Randy would do just as well in Indy as in NE, so yeah...haha talk about worst case scenario.

Colts don't have any Cap to play in the Moss Market.

According to Scout.com, Randy Moss is the 7th best FA this year...

What say you?

I say that jared Allen. Marcus Trufant and Terrell Suggs aren't really free agents since they were franchised.

I also say that none of those players have more of an impact than Moss does.

Today's issue of Pro Football Weekly has Moss rated No. 1 out of it's 2008 Top 100 free agents. Jared Allen @#2; Albert Haynesworth @#3; Terrell Suggs @#4; Assante Samuel @#5. Others: #64 Teddy Bruschi and #98 Jabbar Gaffney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes