Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which player do you like the most so far?

• Moss

Votes: 26 56.5%
  • Stallworth

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Watson

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Welker

Votes: 18 39.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingElvis75

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Who have you enjoyed watching the most so far? Not asking who's best or most skilled, just wondering whom you "like" the most, for whatever reason, so far this season?

I like them all, but Moss, hands down.

i like welker, and i liek him a lot...

LOL, i watched last yr's 21-0 game, and i loved him...but couldnt let it out cuz he was a fin...now hes not...so i can say it...

i love wut he represents, and the obstacles he has faced, and ohh btw...in case u were wondering...he did show up BOTH randy moss and terrel ownes in that last game, at the SAME TIME

I really like Welker, but I picked Moss. The guy makes it look so damn easy.

Last edited:
Moss has long been one of my favorite players, was my favorite non-Pat by far, so actually having him on this team has been awesome.

I picked Stallworth. I liked him a lot on the Eagles last year, and I really like how he was such a good soldier earlier this year in spite of not getting many looks. I feel like every time he gets the ball, he has a chance to break it open and run for huge gains.

Welker is awesomely entertaining, too (reminds me of Sergei Samsonov many years ago on the Bruins), but I get the sense that he doesn't have the raw strength and straight-away speed that Stallworth does.

Moss I think has better hands, and I feel confident that he'll have the best numbers by the end of the year, which means he's probably best for the team...but I don't know, I feel like Donte has me on the edge of my seat more often.

Hmm, maybe it wasn't fair to include Watson...not sure he has the "star power" of the other three...

Each player is distinct, and thats what makes them all enjoyable.
Moss -- ability to catch the ball
Welker -- that right-after-catch juke to gain an extra 5 yards
Watson -- solid up-the-middle, gets open in the endzone
Stallworth -- he's running right thru defenders after the catch.

Moss is the most exciting to watch, since he's good for 1 or 2 really long catches a game, and the height mismatch he presents in goal line situations.

I like Welker a lot. He will be the new go-to player for Brady.

HOWEVER, I enjoy watching Moss more than almost any player ever. He is the best receiver not named Rice to ever to have played in the NFL.

He will not likely ever have the best individual game by a receiver (Winslow by far), but he could have the best season if he has a few tries with Brady.

All this is making me really, really hope we can get all three back next year. Wonder what the chances are of that happening...

I have a crush on Welker. He's so dreamy and such a badass!

I love all 4, but you guys must realize, if you watched the dallas and browns game closely, who is covering welker at the line? a linebacker..sometimes a CB...Moss was bodied on every down with 2 or 3 bodies, usually the safetys lining up 2 in dallas's nickel coverage..Wade Phillips even said pre-game that dallas was going to use the browns strategy and make the other recievers beat them..now dont get me wrong, Welker is awesome, i live down here and miami and loved to see him play, but he is even greater now because of the moss defensive schemes that are being employed..welker & donte will get 100+ yards every game if they continue to put 3 bodies on moss..so I'll take moss as he opens it up for brady like you've never seen before, i'll take welker 2nd.

FOXBORO - Wade Phillips has thrown down the challenge. He’s watched what Cleveland coach Romeo Crennel did to neutralize Randy Moss, and since it’s a copycat league, he’s about to mimic the Browns’ plan.

“We’re going to put three on Moss and try to keep him down all we can,” Phillips said during a conference call Wednesday. “It’s hard to do with great receivers, and they have a lot of other people, but we’re going to try to keep as many as we can on Moss and try and hold on with the rest of them.”

“Any NFL team that has a weapon like Randy, you know defenses are going to make adjustments. If a defense is smart, they’ll take him away,” Pats tight end Kyle Brady said yesterday. “When they do, there should be plays to be made in other parts of the field.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back