PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss should not be on this team next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno what I think about Moss. I'll bet this thread would be non-existant if Moss had made the catch in the dying seconds and given the Patriots new life.

I'm OK with Moss' comments. Some of the things he says does make me cringe. But, this is not one of them. I'm not sure if he should be back. That money could help in other places.

Also, I'm intrigued with Stallworth. Stallworth and Welker get crazy YAC. I wonder what another guy with somewhat similar skill set joining them would be like. Obviously, the Moss' long ball threat would be gone. But, that's taken away in the playoffs, anyway. And, I'm tired of watching Brady get killed waiting for the long routes to develop. Bonus: Stallworth is a great interview.

Last edited:
We should let the Randy Moss situation bake for a week or so.... BB will decided if he goes or stays... same with Welker... i have faith that Kraft and BB will do the right thing

We should let the Randy Moss situation bake for a week or so.... BB will decided if he goes or stays... same with Welker... i have faith that Kraft and BB will do the right thing

Actually, Welker's the one receiver we don't have to worry about--he signed a five-year deal when he came here.

This thread surpasses the cut Peyton Manning thread on the Colts forum following the Colts regular season loss to the Chargers for UTTER STUPIDITY.

Moss is not perfect. But he is the best WR in the league, maybe of all time.

This thread surpasses the cut Peyton Manning thread on the Colts forum following the Colts regular season loss to the Chargers for UTTER STUPIDITY.

I'm with you Hoodie. I'd be thrilled if every guy came back next year. Geesh, 1 more play and we'd be champs with a perfect season and we should get rid of these guys? Yuck.

Its beyond stupid..the guy just broke records this year, was a model citizen off the field, and rose to the challenge towards the end of the game when the pressure kep building. Yet people actually want him off the team?

I still believe that NE fans still dont know what they have in Moss, they think he's another Branch. If he went to a Jacksonville, like some have speculated, it would completely change the landscape of the AF

Couldn't have said it better myself Hoodie, so I won't even try. Bravo.

Where was Randy the rest of the post season? How about double and triple covered by some of the best defenses in the league.

Randy's route running is well documented as being amongst the best in the league by Bill Belichick and by Tom Brady. I'll take their word over YOURS any day.

Unlike YOU, I did pay attention ALL season. I saw Randy run Slants, Ins, Buttonhooks when they were the plays called. I also saw Randy blocking on screens and sweeps.

BTW, I find it laughable that you rag on Randy Moss but you think that Chad Johnson will be good on the Patriots.

Here is the numbers to prove my point again of Moss' unwilligness to go inside. Numbers don't lie.

Randy Moss catch chart
LEFT SIDE 14 162 12 3 20 0 0 0 0 0
MIDDLE 5 121 24 2 63 0 0 0 0 0
RIGHT SIDE 27 376 14 5 50 0 0 0 0 0
SPLIT REC YDS AVG TD LONG FUM RUSH YDS AVG TD
LEFT SIDELINE 21 327 16 6 55 0 0 0 0 0
RIGHT SIDELINE 31 507 16 7 65 0 0 0 0 0

5 catches up the middle? Come on this is not a complete wide reciever. Other than his touchdown receptions Wayne,Johnson,Fitzgerald and owens have similiar numbers . His unwillingless to go inside is why defenses are allowed to double triple team him. Randy Moss is nothing more than a sprinter.

Why because he caught 23 touchdowns???? There are 4 other Wide recievers in the game with comparable numbers other than his touchdown receptions.

His regular season was awesome, his playoff performance soured me. Big time players step up in big games Randy Moss did not step up.

Why because he caught 23 touchdowns???? There are 4 other Wide recievers in the game with comparable numbers other than his touchdown receptions.

His regular season was awesome, his playoff performance soured me. Big time players step up in big games Randy Moss did not step up.

You're right. Bring back Reche Cladwell, please.

You're right. Bring back Reche Cladwell, please.

No Not Reche!!!!!!! LOL

I just think that the Patriots 3 superbowl wins they had a supporting cast at wide reciever. These guys may be mediocre but they played there butts off in the playoffs and superbowl and they had players who would do anything to win. Moss is not that player we are used to seeing in the playoffs. I wanted Moss to step up like Pats recievers have in the past and he didn't, he was below average no matter which way you look at it.

Playing for the Patriots was the best thing that ever happened to Moss, I think it changed him. Furthermore, Brady wants him to stay and so would I if I were you. His numbers speak for themselves... dudes a stud.

Playing for the Patriots was the best thing that ever happened to Moss, I think it changed him. Furthermore, Brady wants him to stay and so would I if I were you. His numbers speak for themselves... dudes a stud.

What if I don't is Vincent "Brady" Vega and Jules "Moss" Winnfield going to come and break my legs???:rocker:

What if I don't is Vincent "Brady" Vega and Jules "Moss" Winnfield going to come and break my legs???:rocker:

What if you don't? That's the beauty of living in America my friend... you can think whatever you want. :D

If the contract is right, I want him here.

I didn't take his comments as throwing the coaches under the bus. Although I do think the Giants had a better gameplan and the Pats were outcoached.

Here is the numbers to prove my point again of Moss' unwilligness to go inside. Numbers don't lie.

Randy Moss catch chart
LEFT SIDE 14 162 12 3 20 0 0 0 0 0
MIDDLE 5 121 24 2 63 0 0 0 0 0
RIGHT SIDE 27 376 14 5 50 0 0 0 0 0
SPLIT REC YDS AVG TD LONG FUM RUSH YDS AVG TD
LEFT SIDELINE 21 327 16 6 55 0 0 0 0 0
RIGHT SIDELINE 31 507 16 7 65 0 0 0 0 0

5 catches up the middle? Come on this is not a complete wide reciever. Other than his touchdown receptions Wayne,Johnson,Fitzgerald and owens have similiar numbers . His unwillingless to go inside is why defenses are allowed to double triple team him. Randy Moss is nothing more than a sprinter.

You are so friggin STUPID. Those numbers do NOT show that Moss is UNWILLING to go over the middle. All they show is where he had catches. They don't take into consideration the PLAY-CALLING. Considering that Moss ran probably 600-700 routes all year, showing only the receptions and claiming that Moss doesn't go over the middle is pure stupidity on your part.

Moss was the intended receiver for 159 passes. Only 10 of those were thrown over the middle. 5 of which he caught for 121 yards. That is play-calling.

You are so friggin STUPID. Those numbers do NOT show that Moss is UNWILLING to go over the middle. All they show is where he had catches. They don't take into consideration the PLAY-CALLING. Considering that Moss ran probably 600-700 routes all year, showing only the receptions and claiming that Moss doesn't go over the middle is pure stupidity on your part.

Moss was the intended receiver for 159 passes. Only 10 of those were thrown over the middle. 5 of which he caught for 121 yards. That is play-calling.

Indeed, I believe he may have been doing what BB wants him to do. His job.

This forum is so pathetic.

Seriously, this thread is probably being linked to the rest of the internet as an example of how stupid Patriots fans are.

I'm embarassed for every Pats fan with a brain right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back