PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss should not be on this team next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say this but it is the simply the truth: I hope Moss is not on this team next year. I was his biggest supporter throughtout the whole season. I was estacic when we got him that morning in April. I was wrong about him. What he was saying last night, it really hurt me. He started blaming the coaches and said the Giants had the better gameplan. It was true but you dont throw your coaches under the bus like that. They were the only ones to give you a chance after all the times you have let down your team. This trend has happened this past season as well. First, he puts himself in that situation with that girl. Whether he did it or not, he should not be around those people. Second, he didnt even celebrate with the team after the AFCCG; he just ran off the field.

I dont want him back.

He will probably chase the money. Last night he said the show will go on even if he is not on the Patriots next year. That told me alot right there.

Goodbye Randy, dont let the door hit you

He scorred the go-ahead touchdown....?

As much as I love Moss in a Pats jersey, I think it is time for him to move on. His playoff performance has sealed that decision for me in my mind. People are going to say well Welker wouldn't have been successful if it wasn't for Moss, correct me if I am wrong but how did Troy Brown get it done without a reciever like Moss lining up on the other side? I think what bothers me about Moss is that for a guy who wanted to win and win a superbowl his motivation wasn't anywhere to be seen. His unwillingness to run in routes bothers me as basically it is a run down the field and catch the ball, I thought that was Stallworths job? He is not worth the money he is going to want.

I want to see Chad Johnson in a Pats uniform over Moss next season. If it takes the 7 pick I would give it up for Chad.

I'm sorry folks but 23 tds doesn't do it for me to keep Moss, plus it is not the Patriots way.

Last edited:
As much as I love Moss in a Pats jersey, I think it is time for him to move on. His playoff performance has sealed that decision for me in my mind. People are going to say well Welker wouldn't have been successful if it wasn't for Moss, correct me if I am wrong but how did Troy Brown get it done without a reciever like Moss lining up on the other side? I think what bothers me about Moss is that for a guy who wanted to win and win a superbowl his motivation wasn't anywhere to be seen. His unwillingness to run in routes bothers me as basically it is a run down the field and catch the ball, I thought that was Stallworths job? He is not worth the money he is going to want.

I want to see Chad Jackson in a Pats uniform over Moss next season. If it takes the 7 pick I would give it up for Chad.

I'm sorry folks but 23 tds doesn't do it for me to keep Moss, plus it is not the Patriots way.

who are we giving the 7 pick to for chad jackson?

I think some of you lost more than a game last night.

Moss has been a model player and he WANTS to be here and has bought into our system. He will sign a team friendly deal and be here for the next 3-4 years.

You want to let someone walk, how about Asante "Butterfingers" Samuel. Talk about overrated.

I hate to say this but it is the simply the truth: I hope Moss is not on this team next year. I was his biggest supporter throughtout the whole season.

And now we've suffered a loss, things are a little down and you turn your back on him for seemingly no reason at all. All Moss has done all season long is behave and play like a Patriot player, done whats been asked and made our offence a little bit more dangerous. Just a little though...

Knee jerk reaction is putting this mildly.

Moss is a OK guy and he should be in this team next year. I agreed with what he said. Our guys did not have the same energy as we expected and i don't know if you noticed that BB allowed his players to make their own decisions in a critical moment.

Normally, BB will call a timeout and discuss any new changes to O or D players.

I wonder what happened to halft time adjustment.? We did not have any reinforcement during the game. When we played again Jag, tired players were out and new players were in and we kept doing that during the game.

We did not see this kind of thing happen yesterday.

He'll be looking to be paid as the highest paid WR in the league. Is it REALLY worth the Pats to invest all their eggs into Moss and risk any future FA? The Pats hasn't paid anyone like that in the past, I don't see it happening this year. Not that Moss sucks, just that he's going to want more than the Pats will be willing and able to give.

Moss publicly said that he wanted to stay with Pats. With that said, I assume that Moss is not interested in big salary.

we will see how everything is in the next 4 months.

I completely disagree with the OP. Without Moss, there's no way in hell the Patriots would have had a chance at history or would Welker have had such an outstanding season. Relax. Moss broke the NFL record for receiving TD's, scored the go ahead TD in the SB, and you're throwing him under the bus? Wow. The guy dominated the entire year... you can't realistically expect that teams won't do anything about that in the post season.

As for DojoChargerfan's post, if Moss asks for more money than the Patriots are willing to give then I think he's not as smart as he appeared this year... that is, taking less money for a chance to win it all. And even less money is no small change here... it's not like he needs it. The Dolphins will pay him dearly for his services if all he wants is money... but if you were in his shoes, what would you do? Take a multi-year, multi million $$$ contract (let's say highest paid receiver in the league) with a huge signing bonus from the Dolphins OR take less money and stay with the Patriots?

I don't know about you, but all the money in the world is not going to help when you're consistently 1-15.

I want to see Chad Johnson in a Pats uniform over Moss next season. If it takes the 7 pick I would give it up for Chad.

Did you watch the game last night? Moss ran IN routes. where do you come up with this stuff? Seriously.

You're out of your skull about Johnson.

Did you watch the game last night? Moss ran IN routes. where do you come up with this stuff? Seriously.

yes 2 where inside, wow where was that the rest of the post-season smart guy?

If you had paid any attention at all this season then you would see that it is fact that Randy Moss does not like to play inside. Infact his route running is suspect and has been well documented. Randy Moss is not worth a big contract,expecially after seeing him flop this post season.

That would do us a lot of good, seeing that he draws defensive coverage like a magnet, Oh, did I mention he's a decent WR?

So what if Moss doesn't like to come inside. The point is he does so without question and has made plays for us in the process by coming inside. One of the best recievers in the league who is a huge deep threat but will still do whats required of him for the team is 100% worth money.

yes 2 where inside, wow where was that the rest of the post-season smart guy?

If you had paid any attention at all this season then you would see that it is fact that Randy Moss does not like to play inside. Infact his route running is suspect and has been well documented. Randy Moss is not worth a big contract,expecially after seeing him flop this post season.

Where was Randy the rest of the post season? How about double and triple covered by some of the best defenses in the league.

Randy's route running is well documented as being amongst the best in the league by Bill Belichick and by Tom Brady. I'll take their word over YOURS any day.

Unlike YOU, I did pay attention ALL season. I saw Randy run Slants, Ins, Buttonhooks when they were the plays called. I also saw Randy blocking on screens and sweeps.

BTW, I find it laughable that you rag on Randy Moss but you think that Chad Johnson will be good on the Patriots.

Am I? lol!! Chad Johnson will be a Patriot next season!

Whats with the love affair lately with Johnson. He's all about "me" and has shown this time and time again, on the field and off.

And to the OP, you're on crack.

Whats with the love affair lately with Johnson. He's all about "me" and has shown this time and time again, on the field and off.

And to the OP, you're on crack.

same with randy. Look what happened there. Also, Johnson and Belicheck have a good relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes