PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss should not be on this team next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Free_Pacman

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I hate to say this but it is the simply the truth: I hope Moss is not on this team next year. I was his biggest supporter throughtout the whole season. I was estacic when we got him that morning in April. I was wrong about him. What he was saying last night, it really hurt me. He started blaming the coaches and said the Giants had the better gameplan. It was true but you dont throw your coaches under the bus like that. They were the only ones to give you a chance after all the times you have let down your team. This trend has happened this past season as well. First, he puts himself in that situation with that girl. Whether he did it or not, he should not be around those people. Second, he didnt even celebrate with the team after the AFCCG; he just ran off the field.

I dont want him back.

He will probably chase the money. Last night he said the show will go on even if he is not on the Patriots next year. That told me alot right there.

Goodbye Randy, dont let the door hit you

Threw our coaches under the bus because he said that the Giants' had a better game plan?

And you don't want him on our team next year??

Wow...you do leave me speechless on this lousy day.

:bricks:

I'm still wondering what happened to him in the playoffs... I realize that he was covered well.

I hate to say this but it is the simply the truth: I hope Moss is not on this team next year. I was his biggest supporter throughtout the whole season. I was estacic when we got him that morning in April. I was wrong about him. What he was saying last night, it really hurt me. He started blaming the coaches and said the Giants had the better gameplan. It was true but you dont throw your coaches under the bus like that. They were the only ones to give you a chance after all the times you have let down your team. This trend has happened this past season as well. First, he puts himself in that situation with that girl. Whether he did it or not, he should not be around those people. Second, he didnt even celebrate with the team after the AFCCG; he just ran off the field.

I dont want him back.

He will probably chase the money. Last night he said the show will go on even if he is not on the Patriots next year. That told me alot right there.

Goodbye Randy, dont let the door hit you

Get your head out of Tom Curran's ass and get a friggin clue. All that Randy said was that the Giants had a good gameplan and they executed it well. He didn't throw anyone under the bus. And what happened with that girl could happen to anyone with money.

You are without a doubt the dumbest mofo I have ever seen on this board and we are all dumber for having read your idiotic post.

Give yourself sometime to get over this loss and then if come to this conclusion again, then so be it. If the defense would have made a stop on that final drive, we wouldn't have this discussion.

Without Moss drawing all the attention, there is no way Welker would have opened up and caught all those passes. They would have been all over him.

Sorry but Little Tommy aint nothing but a celebrity.
Good looks, nice social life, but lacks skills.

Really, I wonder how he was able to complete a single pass or win a game the last seven years. :rolleyes:

Moss didn't throw anybody under the bus. All he said was that the Giants executed their gameplan better. Thats it.

Moss didn't throw anybody under the bus. All he said was that the Giants executed their gameplan better. Thats it.

I disagree with the OP's reasoning. I believe Richard Seymour said the exact same thing in the last couple of years and nothing really came of it.

However, I am not 100% sold on wanting Moss back here. I loved him all year and I have the ultimate respect for him turning his act around. However, the issues I have are:
1- Age. He isn't too old to still play at a high level, but he is too old to risk a ton of money and years on, which is probably what he would get elsewhere.
2- Personality. It's not his personality per se that is an issue. It is the fact that I think it might just be too big of a personality for this team. The Patriots need to get back to being a blue collar, "git 'er done" organization, not one full of big names and guys who think they are the greatest.

I don't know what I think about re-signing him or not, as I am in no condition to make the judgment after the loss, but those are two things that concern me about him going forward.

So Moss praised the opposing game plan; and you want him off the team?

He didn't say they had a better game plan (which they did); he didn't say our game plan sucked; he said they had a good game plan.

He didn't say "we lost because our coaching staff sucks"

I bet if you asked him, he'd also say the giants players outplayed the patriots players.

Its funny; if he said nothing, people would be saying he was a sore loser

I disagree with this thread completely. We should get rid of the best WR in the game? We really want to change our WR core in the offseason again? I know everyone is hurting right now but let's not be this kneejerk reactionary.

Just like Rylan Leef and Rex Grossman:rolleyes:

Hey atleast Tommy was fortunate to win sbs with stout defensive teams unlike those two:rolleyes:

Rex Grossman had a stout defensive team last year, remember? Are you a Giants fan or just an insecure fan of a team the Pats shat on this year and will sh!t on next year? Just curious.

If you watched the game last night or know anything about football, which I doubt, you'd know that our O line was completely dominated all game long. Brady didn't have his best game but I can't figure out how losing one game makes a QB comparable to Ryan Leaf or Rex Grossman?

I know you think you're really getting to us right now, and you hate the Pats, but your comments are just completely meaningless. When did Rex Grossman and Ryan Leaf win 3 SB's? when did they break the TD record and lead their team to 18-0 and their fourth Superbowl. If you're going to talk sh!t at least make it meaningful, otherwise you just come off like an idiot.

Last edited:
Seems like the OP is kind of...wrong.

Moss didn't throw anyone under the bus. And when asked if he wanted to be a Patriot next year, with no hesitation at all he said "of course". Then went on to praise the organization. But I don't see that part in the OP's comments.

The guy has quietly done his job all year and has spoken nothing but praise for the organization all season. He gave credit to the Giants' d-line and yes, he stated that the inability to stop that d-line (16 hits on Brady in that game) may reflect coaching. And yes, teams doubled him for the last five games, making throwing to him a little risky but leaving other receivers open but giving him little in the way of statistics. He never quit, and he actually blocked.

I love his big play ability, and I think he has become the next Dillon for the Pats. If he keeps working, I suspect the Pats would get at least 3 good years from him after this one. He is a finesse player, not a power player, so I do not think you will see the same dropoff as you may see in a running back.

Unfortunately, it comes down to him. The Pats will not throw more money at him than it would at Brady, and he could probably get $9 million+ if his real issue is money. If he goes for the team and prospects of winning a Superbowl, he will stay here, take less and prove he is more about winning than money. Only time will tell.

You're a tool. Moss should be here and catch 24 TD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing