PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss shopped to SF first...

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting tidbit considering that the Pats and Pack were the front runners, and Jax would have been after them. In other words, I never once heard San Fran come up when talking about the Moss sweepstakes.

Well, they ended up with Darrell Jackson, who is probably better for their current situation anyway.

They were probably concerned with Moss's frustrations stunting Alex Smith's learning curve and confidence. Can't say I blame them for that.

We of coures know that around these areas, Tom Brady is the boss.

He was shopped around the league...

Apparently Bill Willamson of The Denver Post & MSNBC said that the Raiders even shopped him to the Bronco's which is hilarious. Shannahan said that he spoke to Moss' agent but they wouldn't budge on the money.

I believe his agent must have told a lot of teams that. Moss had his sights on the Packers or Pat's is what I think.

Re: He was shopped around the league...

Apparently Bill Willamson of The Denver Post & MSNBC said that the Raiders even shopped him to the Bronco's which is hilarious. Shannahan said that he spoke to Moss' agent but they wouldn't budge on the money.

I believe his agent must have told a lot of teams that. Moss had his sights on the Packers or Pat's is what I think.

so the Raiders thought he was so detrimental to a team that he would trade him to the division foe Broncos

Re: He was shopped around the league...

so the Raiders thought he was so detrimental to a team that he would trade him to the division foe Broncos

Once Moss showed signs he wasn't going to play for the Raiders, i.e., not taking the coach or organizations phone calls. You had to get what you could for him no matter what. Tom Flores said on Sirius radio, that they weren't sure he was even going to show up for training camp he was litterally dodging every call from the Raiders after the first conversation with Kiffin.

He made his desire known he didn't want to play there anymore.

I look at this way, who cares which team the Raiders called first because it would all depend upon whether Moss was willing to restructure his huge contract. Do you think Moss would want to go to the 49ers? Even if the 9ers accepted the trade, I'm sure Moss would pull a Terrell Owens when he was shipped to the Ravens and force another trade.

Hasn't Darrell Jackson been a locker room distraction himself? He's whined about money repeatedly, drops balls, and won't play hurt. How is this guy better than Moss?

Especially given he cost the team a 4th round pick as well.

Hasn't Darrell Jackson been a locker room distraction himself? He's whined about money repeatedly, drops balls, and won't play hurt. How is this guy better than Moss?

He's not better than Moss. SanFran must have thought that Jackson would help out Smith better without the "locker room cancer" crap.
I'd never heard of Jackson being a distraction, not that care about what Seatle does...beyond last year, of course.:rocker:
He is hurt a lot though.

You're right. When Branch first practiced with the Seahawks Jackson took a marker and wrote "I want DB Money" on his shoes telling everyone the Seahawks should be paying him the type of money Branch got. he's also been an annoyance at other points, and he's suffered through some dropsies off and on during his career.

When it comes to the 49ers turning down a trade involving Moss I find the story kind of funny. There's nothing that says Moss wanted to play for them, the Raiders probably wanted more at the time, and Moss likely didn't want to give the same contract cut to the 49ers that he gave to the Patriots. Basically the 49ers might not have been interested, but let's not assume they turned down the same deal NE got. The 49ers also have a different situation and core of players than NE so it was probably the right move on their part.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back