PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss seen leaving locker room today with bags of ice on both knees

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Anyone see this on Twitter from Rappaport?

Says it is probably a precautionary measure but bags of ice wrapped around BOTH knees?

Last edited:

Says it is probably a precautionary measure but bags of ice wrapped around BOTH knees?

I think your sig pic says it all.

I think your sig pic says it all.

I am really wondering why a player LEAVING the locker room would have bags of ice on his knees...don't quite understand precautionary measures unless this is a hidden ailment now going on with Randy.

I did see him take a few hits to his knee on a couple of catches in the Houston game but he bounced back up,I wonder if there was a little swelling or something going on...I am officially worried.

Last edited:
What will Belichick think of next?

Brady running the offense while on a Segway?

Randy is no spring chicken. KG has his knees iced up all the time. The way those guys move is reason enough to have ice on the knees, let alone the hits. Until I see Randy gimpy on the field, I see no reason to panic. If anything I'd say that means he's been doing a lot of cuts in practice. I'll be expecting an intermiediate game from him, with WWII underneath most the game. Lots of cutting will get the knees feeling a lot worse than running a bunch of deep routes...

Common practice to relieve tension or any swelling in the knees from over exertion.

Beckett, Lester, Brady and others ice after every game.

lots of people ice after training (I do). Especially @ Randy's age. My guess is that he probably worked his legs today in the weight room. no big deal.

Common practice to relieve tension or any swelling in the knees from over exertion.

Beckett, Lester, Brady and others ice after every game.

Common practice usually means no surprise and hopefully WAS a precaution but it was noteworthy I guess due to Welker's injury and impact which probably made this scene of Moss stand out more than it normally would - still not something Pats fans want to hear about right now,we are already worry warts.

Last edited:
So if a pitcher ices his shoulder after a game, it's a bad sign?

The trainers are taking care of him.

Normal, no need to worry.

He's dogging it. It's not real ice.

If it was only on one knee it would be more worrisome.

I'm shocked his body wasn't covered in bubble wrap and that there weren't two armed guards watching his every move.

whatever precaustion is neccessary, he simply cannot get hurt.

It's January!! The news would be who doesn't have ice bags.
Must be a slow news day.

I am really wondering why a player LEAVING the locker room would have bags of ice on his knees...don't quite understand precautionary measures unless this is a hidden ailment now going on with Randy.

He had a Heineken under each bag and didn't want the press to see them.

I think it's a setup. What a thug!

:rolleyes:

It's January!! The news would be who doesn't have ice bags.
Must be a slow news day.

Agreed. By now the normal wear and tear on football players is likely more than any regular person would tolerate. Yea, they're all extremely talented athletes, but none of them are indestructible.

Last edited:
even if his knees aren't bothering him he'd probably still ice them after a tough workout. i ran track in college and my team & almost every other team could be spotted with bags of ice constantly...i don't think its anything to be concerned about...ice makes your legs refresh and recover more quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots