PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I know that he has missed his opportunity to be the first player to start 17 games in a regular season.

But can he be the first player to start for three different teams?

I know there are plenty of players that have started for two different teams in a season. And I suspect that there have been some marginal special teamers who have bounced around and played for three or more teams in a season...but does anybody know

if anyone has STARTED for three teams in a season?

I'm guessing there have probably been 'no name' people that have bounced around from team to team throughout a season and started 3 games, but I am not sure.

Nfln said he is the first since 1991-2 I can not recall who it was though.

I'm guessing there have been some punters, kickers and bottom of the roster guys who have played for three teams in a year, but I can't imagine there are many who start that have played on three NFL teams in one season. Probably more in a sport like baseball where they play so many more games.

I'm guessing there have been some punters, kickers and bottom of the roster guys who have played for three teams in a year, but I can't imagine there are many who start that have played on three NFL teams in one season. Probably more in a sport like baseball where they play so many more games.

Thats my guess. Bottom of roster guys that might have played for three teams but not started.

I read elsewhere that Moss could be the first player to ever score a TD with three teams in year.

One guy found some guys from the 1920s who started for three teams....even one who started for four...

Player Pos Year Tm #1 GS Tm #2 GS Tm #3 GS Tm #4
**** Stahlman G-T 1924 Kenosha 5 Akron 1 Kansas City 1 Hammond (1 GS)
Frank Rydzewski C-G-T 1920 Chicago T 3 Hammond 1 Cleveland T 3
Frank Coughlin T 1921 Green Bay 5 Detroit T 1 Rock Island 3
Steve Sullivan B 1922 Hammond 1 Evansville 1 Milwaukee 1
Lou Usher C-G-T 1924 Hammond 1 Milwaukee 4 Kenosha 5
Lou Smyth B 1926 Frankford 2 Hartford 5 Providence 3

I -think- he can be the only player to score a TD for 3 different teams in a season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back