PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Moss question....

There are a few players who the Pats could part with or move to IR. Edelman or Jarrad Page. Taylor Price, though this is risky if he's not actually injured.

The waiver system is based on the records for the entire league. Not just the AFC. So the Pats would be dead last. #32. Unless, of course, there are rules about other teams having already claimed players. Then it might be a bit more complicated.

I just explained that players with 9 or more regular season games played in the same season are not eligible for the Practice Squad. The'd have to put Edelman on the Injured Reserve. And they have to be careful with that because there are such strict rules on concussions now.

Indy doesn't scare me in terms of claiming Moss. Why? Because I don't think that Moss would play for Manning. Not after the entire league has seen how Manning throws his own teammates under the bus. You know that Manning's ego is too big when he blames Reggie Wayne for the Tracey Porter interception in the SB last year. Manning telegraphed that throw. I knew it was coming.

Bruinz you are on Fire!!!!!! today. Very good info and points.:)

:cool:

Last edited:
I find it laughable that losing teams would want Moss.:DThe fact that the cowboys have interest is a joke!!!They are a bunch of quitters and figure Moss would fit in.The cowboys are pathetic!

I am just going to throw 2 names out there

Sammy Morris and Dane Fletcher.

I don't know much about Fletcher.... enlighten me:).

Sammy is old

1 of the 2 is surely expendable for Moss.

Fletcher I know 0 about.

Actually, neither Morris nor Fletcher are expendable. Right now, the Pats only have 3 healthy RBs.

These are the players I think the Pats would look at:

Edelman - IR - But this is risky because of the strict concussion rules.
Page - IR - If it's deemed a "minor injury" then the Pats would have to release him. Page has played very well for them. Though, an injury settlement is possible and then him returning when healthy.
Price - IR - Only if he's actually injured
Wheatley - IR -
Love - Waived - Attempt to get to PS.

I find it laughable that losing teams would want Moss.:DThe fact that the cowboys have interest is a joke!!!They are a bunch of quitters and figure Moss would fit in.The cowboys are pathetic!
My wild-ass specualtion is that teams like that just want the inside track on getting a long term deal with him going forward.

Funny if jets or Colts claim him, and he cries out in post game conference I love new england patriots, blah blah.... then he'll be waived again. Nobody would want an enemy in their team. and 6 million dollar tag.

So it's safe to say Jets or Colts won't sign him. Vikings waive him for a reason.

They must think Moss sell insider information to us right?

Many people wouldn't agree with you on that one..

what are you a mean SOB? You answered my question w/ honesty and you did not give me a hard time. :)

I do not know Roster BS.... that is why I ask ppl that do.:)

Honesty Bruin..... I think you are a Teddy Bear on the inside:D and not a mean and aggressive Eurasian bear.:)

921-i_love_you_teddy_bear.jpg

:cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back