PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

drakesta101

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
For those that have seen him at practice, do you think Randy still has blazing speed or is he relying mostly on his ability to outjump defensivebacks? Just wondering on what to expect when we see him going for real.

I think he has alot of hidden speed that we have not seen yet..i saw him at practice on friday...he is still quick and fast

For those that have seen him at practice, do you think Randy still has blazing speed or is he relying mostly on his ability to outjump defensivebacks? Just wondering on what to expect when we see him going for real.

I was there for Friday afternoons practice....and the only time I saw any CB stay with him on "fly routes" was when Brady under threw him. Even if he has lost a step.....he's still by far the fastest, most talented receiver Brady has ever had the chance to work with....which should be good enough.....and watching him just catch the ball is art.

Now....I can only imagine how good this offense is going to be once Donte gets on the field.

Unstoppable comes to mind

Rumor has it that he was the first to finish the conditioning run....and also the third. THATS how fast he is.

Last edited:
I was there for Friday afternoons practice....and the only time I saw any CB stay with him on "fly routes" was when Brady under threw him. Even if he has lost a step.....he's still by far the fastest, most talented receiver Brady has ever had the chance to work with....which should be good enough.....and watching him just catch the ball is art.

Now....I can only imagine how good this offense is going to be once Donte gets on the field.

I doubt we will be seeing him catching a screen and just running by everyone like he did earlier in her career, just watch his highlight videos on youtube, but if you say hes still burning corners on go routes thats good enough for me.

I doubt we will be seeing him catching a screen and just running by everyone like he did earlier in her career, just watch his highlight videos on youtube, but if you say hes still burning corners on go routes thats good enough for me.

I know the utube video you speak of....where he catches the quick out....just like the one the Pats love to run. Where, he catches it and just blows right by the safeties and corners. Sick:eek:

haha yes it was a real treat watching him early on in his career, it seemed like every week on Fox they had to cut in to a Vikings game to show Moss catching a 50 yard bomb.

I saw him on friday and I must say he has solid hands and still has strong quickness that was absent during last season. he was, however, last in the running drills, was he dogging it? who knows,

I Even if he has lost a step.....he's still by far the fastest, most talented receiver Brady has ever had the chance to work with....which should be good enough.....and watching him just catch the ball is art.

Well if you like Moss' speed, wait until you see Stallworth. He is supposedly faster AND quicker than Moss, although he doesn't have the smoothness and hands of Randy

By December this is going to be AWESOME. Going into Indy's dome is going to be an advantage THIS year.

Well if you like Moss' speed, wait until you see Stallworth. He is supposedly faster AND quicker than Moss, although he doesn't have the smoothness and hands of Randy

By December this is going to be AWESOME. Going into Indy's dome is going to be an advantage THIS year.

Don't forget, even Gillette is now speed friendly Field Turf!

Do we all forget that Stallworth is infact faster than Moss, and a better route runner to boot?

I will agree that Moss could/should be the most talented WR Brady has ever thrown to though.

Last edited:

Should have scrolled down and I would have noticed you already mentioned Stallworth's speed. Oh, and he's not supposedly faster, Stallworth is one of the fastest men to ever play in the NFL.

Stallworth is so fast he beat Chuck Norris on the conditioning lap.

Stallworth is so fast he beat Chuck Norris on the conditioning lap.

I don't believe that. It can't be true.:bricks:

Rumor has it that he was the first to finish the conditioning run....and also the third. THATS how fast he is.

This post amuses me. :D

I'd like to see how fast Stallworth is at getting onto the practice field.

I don't think one can say Stallworth is a better route runner than Moss. Moss is one of the best ever and Stallworth for the first few years of his career was limited to posts and fly routes a la Bethel Johnson.

I don't think one can say Stallworth is a better route runner than Moss. Moss is one of the best ever and Stallworth for the first few years of his career was limited to posts and fly routes a la Bethel Johnson.

Moss is one of the best ever WR's for a variety of reasons, but mostly because of his athletic ability and hands. He was never one of the best ever route runners. I will say that some have underrated his route running ability (like you've underrated Stallworth's) but he's more of a decent route runner than anything.

Stallworth is a good not great route runner, and more than a few scouts have noted his route running as being underrated. I watched him develope during his near 1,000 yard season, and last year with the Eagles I watched him in more than a few games. Stallworth is a good route runner with very good quick twitch cutting ability. This is why I wanted NE to trade for him back when the Saints were offering him up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back