PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss Postgame Presser Meltdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
What it was was one of the most self absorbed exercises I've seen since TO did those situps in the driveway. This was a POST GAME TEAM PRESSER. BB, Tom, Moss for some reason and Welker. Randy went out their and intentionally made it all about him for what seemed like hours but was actually probably 20 minutes or more...just kept diggin' the hole deeper all the while seemingly not getting it...

Just remember no matter who you are if you are fearing your future sometimes your brain to mouth filter breaks and you can't stop yourself.

I guess I'll pick this to be my first post on this forum, after lurking around for over a year.

Are you guys kidding?
You guys are mad at Moss, who was at almost every practice, worked hard throughout this game, and put so much effort into this off-season for wanting a new contract,

but barely mad at Mankins who didn't even show up because he didn't get what he wanted?

Moss is upset, but he's not mad and "dogging it." He's not holding out or insulting the Patriots organization.

He's just stating he's upset that he didn't even get offered a contract while many of the other great players have been getting theirs.

He just wants an extension to stay with the Patriots.
An extension he deserves.
Why doesn't he have it yet, after all the success he's brought?
I'm as upset as he is.

I didn't watch it, so excuse me if I'm wrong about something, but from the comments, he sounds pretty justified.

I think people here are pretty PO'd at Mankins. I'm just kind of stunned by the Moss thing. WHen they said eh'd be speaking I thought, "Um ...why?"

Dont get me wrong about Wes but if there is no Moss then that affects Welker terriblely.I am disgusted with Moss but we definetly need Moss to be happy.:snob:

He's gonna go off this year.

He wants to stay.

well listening the bit on NFLN, he seemed to be bothered by what has written before that he would leave and wanted to leave rtc.
he stressed he wanted to stay but kept saying it will be his last yr...just a immature,over sensitive person. he has seen the pats approach brady,vince,gost,bodden and even mankins but not him which bothers him to no end.

This is in part the result of firing his old friend as his agent and hiring a more traditional one, who has put him up to these pressure tactics. The previous guy knew Randy's psyche and could keep him reasonably well together.

He does sound like someone with a mental health problem, more than someone with a negotiating strategy. The rambling, the affect, wow.

A lot of it has to be the timing of the CBA situation for him (as it was for Mankins). He's probably feeling some big time angst because

1. He thinks there almost certainly will be a lockout in 2011;

2. Brady just got a huge deal, and Vince, Bodden, Faulk, Pierre Woods, etc. plus Ghostowski and Mankins all appear to have been higher priorities for the Pats this off-season;

3. Maybe there's just too much Welker/Tate/Edelman love that's been going around this off-season for his taste.

4. He's just a volatile guy and it should not be surprising that he's going to have some fairly big meltdown at some point over the course of three years.

I just watched it. It's not too bad. He's saying some things less than eloquently. He says he loves it here, and wants to finish his career here. He's just a tad immature, and comes across a bit foolish. Just sounds like he wishes they'd address his contract. It'll all work out. They ought to go to him tomorrow and say, Randy, what contract are you looking for? If it's reasonable, get it done. Simple

Moss is spouting off about this and that?

Well.... GOOD. That's part of the reason I watch football in the 1st place. I wanna see a soap opera after the game. That's why I wanted T.O. here as well. It's good entertainment. Now there's more for everyone to talk about after all the x's & o's stuff gets worn out by tuesday.

Again, I watch the NFL for its volatile personalities JUST as much as the play.

And for people like ctpatriotsfan77 who think Moss hurts himself because he wears his heart on his sleeve, I beg to differ. I can't freaking stand the ol' STOIC male personality type. Guys like Moss are a breath of fresh air compared to the majority of NFL players who are bores off the field.

Moss rocks.... period. Dude is cool as they come. Dude's got friggin' style out tha wazoo. You go right ahead and wear that HUMAN... I repeat... HUMAN heart on your sleeve. Yeah, 'cause most people are boring as sh*t by comparison. Dude drips with charisma. You think otherwise, your just keep championing Average Joe types who don't say d*ck about what's going on inside themselves.

If I have a choice, I'm going through life SAYING what I feel, not keeping it inside like that stupid stoic male personality type. To Hell with that.

I LOVE watching Randy Moss BEING Randy Moss. People have a feeling? FEEL it. You got an emotion? Well, effing EMOTE it. I do. All y'all stoic guys, keep stuffing yours. Not me, man.

This is some good theatre with Moss. Cool by me. That's why I watch.

I guess I'll pick this to be my first post on this forum, after lurking around for over a year.

Are you guys kidding?
You guys are mad at Moss, who was at almost every practice, worked hard throughout this game, and put so much effort into this off-season for wanting a new contract,

but barely mad at Mankins who didn't even show up because he didn't get what he wanted?

Moss is upset, but he's not mad and "dogging it." He's not holding out or insulting the Patriots organization.

He's just stating he's upset that he didn't even get offered a contract while many of the other great players have been getting theirs.

I'm as upset as he is.

I didn't watch it, so excuse me if I'm wrong about something, but from the comments, he sounds pretty justified.

Agreed but I think there are some people here who are always looking for reasons to jump all over him. The guy is clearly upset and sounds like he is seriously depressed and most people are worried about what the media will think and say (Who freaking cares?!?!). A member of the team is breaking down and half of you dont care why but only that he shuts up.

I would not call it a meltdown, that is for sure, he rambled and did not express himself very well, but he reapeated multilpe time that he will not be a distraction. Regardless of what people write or talk. He said he was open to contract tald during the season but once the season ended his relationship with the pats would be at an end.

he said he would not talk for the rest of the year to the media. I dont see what the big deal is.

Fustercluck!

I am concerned for Randy the person. He really needs to talk to someone professional in that regard.
how is my screen name now?? like i said in the other thread. hes a pain in the ass.

Shut up Moss. The more you talk the more this is going to be a controversy. I liked him better when he didn't talk to the press. Play out your year and we all can move on.

I will absolutely give him credit for this.

He said it there. He wants to remain a NE patriot.

it's on NFLN now, or at least parts of it. What I'm listening to seems to be more about hating the Boston media than anything- I assume the contract stuff is coming next.

At least as far as the fans and media go, I agree with him: some people want to see him fail, and I dunno why. Still a bad move on his part, though, even acknowledging it.

He just made whatever his problem is exponentially worse. And he clearly can't grasp that. He was never a fit for this team for that reason, whether he was largely great for the offense or not...

The dig at Kraft was above and beyond. He has taken a great opening game win in his contract season and made it irrelevant... All anyone will be talking about this week is the insecure, nutjob WR...

I wish they would extend the guy already.I dont have any faith on any wr if he leaves this team.Brandon Tate hasnt doned much in terms of making plays!!!You dont know wat u have in Taylor Price yet.

it's on NFLN now, or at least parts of it. What I'm listening to seems to be more about hating the Boston media than anything- I assume the contract stuff is coming next.

At least as far as the fans and media go, I agree with him: some people want to see him fail, and I dunno why. Still a bad move on his part, though, even acknowledging it.

Honestly, after the buildup on this thread, I didn't think it was all that bad. He wasn't very disciplined, and he shouldn't have said it, but the mistake that he made was being way too forthcoming. As a private sentiment, nothing that he said would bother me at all.

Nothing that he said was any worse than what Wilfork was publicly saying just a few months ago.
exactly. but then he got suckered into the meida questions i think about his relationshp to the team and if he was offered a contract at the end of the season etc i think... and told what was on his mind instead of giving the usual non answers.
i saw his opening statement on NFLN and i didnt hear the smack in the face comment ,maybe i missed it.

Are you guys kidding?

I'm as upset as he is.

Shhhhh, it's just easier to call him Fido and accuse him of being a dog because of ONE bad game last year.

What if he did this with BB knowing about it? Maybe Belichick knew the whole week was going to be about how great the Patriots are and the Jets/Pats hype...now they have something to talk about which keeps the spotlight off the team.

Absured, sure. But no more absured than people thinking Belichick was purposley caught during Spygate to give his team focus.

He just made whatever his problem is exponentially worse. And he clearly can't grasp that. He was never a fit for this team for that reason, whether he was largely great for the offense or not...

The dig at Kraft was above and beyond. He has taken a great opening game win in his contract season and made it irrelevant... All anyone will be talking about this week is the insecure, nutjob WR... As a former player, DeOssie is killing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes