PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss not in TO's league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: TO is more impressive than Moss

Good for TO. I'm still thankful that we have Moss instead of him.

Re: TO is more impressive than Moss

Who cares about TO? I'm happy with the production that we have from Moss.

To Juice:

Stop with these TO vs Moss threads. This is your third and last. I will delete all other threads that you post on the same subject.

Take this as your first and last warning.

Re: Lito shut Moss down

Another Interesting Stat is Randy Moss has never won playing against Jim Johnson Defense ince he has been in the league

Ummmm........hate to break it to ya, but the Patriots won Sunday night.

i agree in isolation TO is the more productive WR, but i gotta wonder going on 34 next month how much more he has left in the tank.

Belichick must have went to the John Madden School on Public Speaking:

WERE THE EAGLES PHYSICAL WITH MOSS? “They play how they play. They play how they play, so that’s how they play.”

you're right, thats why if i could only have either TO or RM on a team when the rest of WRs are average at best, i'd take TO. he's physical enough to always be a factor even when doubled. RM only shines when there's at least one other big name WR to take the heat off him, like Chris Carter in Minnesota. When Porter got suspended in Oakland RMs stats got suspended too

You call Donte Stallworth or Wes Welker a big name? Who were they before they came to New England? They certainly aren't Cris Carter and Moss is having a career year.

T.O. has the benefit of an incredible RB to keep defenses honest and not to mention a very good/excellent TE in Witten. T.O. had the benefit of Terry Glenn last year, how'd that work out? Glenn was considered the better WR on that team last year.

WR production is predicated on the QB play and both have an above average QB throwing to them. I think we can agree that both WR's are great and while are comparable, they are two different types of players. It's more of a personal preference as to which you like better, a physical receiver who is better with YAC or an acrobatic receiver (who lacks YAC in comparison) with better hands and leaping ability to make it almost impossible to cover (as pictured below).

Last edited:

Lito is one of the best corners in the game and I've always said that if you hit Moss and Jam him at the line he can be taken out of the game. That's why I laughed when people say it's easier to take TO out of a game than Moss, It's not TO is physical and will battle any CB that challenges him. TO, 90% of the time will get off the jam and run a crossing or slant that nets him YAC. Moss can't, you see that if you're physical with Moss he can't hurt you but with TO it's more difficult because you can line him up anywhere on the field. People talk about Moss has better hands, he does, but TO has the intangibles. Heart. So when Moss can't streak down the field wide open for a TD he isn't productive. I think Moss is a great WR I just have to question the people who say he's head and shoulders better than TO, he's not, they're equally talented. Moss has hands, speed, Leaping ability, while TO has strength, Size, toughness.

When TO went up against LIto he had 10 catches, 172 yards 1 td. He was jammed at the line of scrimmage but managed to break away most of the time. He's more physical than Moss could ever be. But that blueprint is wack because the pats will go 19-0 and win the superbowl so it's actually a mute point.

Bwahahahaha! Good one! Too bad his mouth is bigger than his heart and his toe nail is bigger than his brain.

"I'd pick TO over Moss, because of his work ethic" - Jaws

Whoa. :D How do pats fans feel about this? Are your panties in a bunch? LOL http://ledger.southofboston.com/articles/2007/11/29/sports/sports02.txt

Of course, Moss has been held in check before and bounced back with big games. He was quiet against the Redskins (3-47) and then savaged the Colts (9-145) the next week. Still, Jaworski said Moss’ showing against the Eagles would tip the scales in Owens’ favor if he had to pick one of the superstars to be on his team right now.

‘‘Before Sunday night’s game I would have taken Randy Moss. I just did not like some of the things I saw (against the Eagles) - the lack of a consistent effort. I never question the effort of T.O. If you made me pick one of the two, I would probably go with T.O.’’

Last edited:
Re: "I'd pick TO over Moss, because of his work ethic" - Jaws

I'd pick Moss because he drops less passes. Whatever, Jaws is certainly entitled to his opinion.

Who gives a rats ass? Another talking head with yet another opinion. That's new?!? Stand in line . . . .

Last edited:

Who gives a rats ass? Another talking head with yet another opinion. That's new?!? Stand in line . . . .
Lol, I love the contrast.

Also speaking about Jaws...
Jaws is usually one of the more measured and sane media members in regards to game analysis. In the midst of the media frenzy over the Patriots, a breath of fresh air.
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=68939

Pujo, Yeah, the contrast comes in response to a poster who just wants to stir things up. Therefore, the contrast.

And, yes, Jaws can be a talking head. It's interesting all this Moss stuff is coming out bit by bit, but it's still speculation on his part. The quote you picked was my positive reaction, as I appreciated his analysis of Sunday night's game in general. I did mention in that same post that I didn't agree with his Moss assessment. So, if you're going to quote me, provide the full quote:

Originally posted by ClevTrev: Regarding the comments on Moss, he's the other shoe to drop according to the media "wish lists." I wouldn't read too much into this, as again, no one is aware of the circumstances surrounding his performance and what the team asked him to do. Let's stay rational with this guy, as he's never shown an unwillingness to be anything other than a good teammate this season. If he can be an effective decoy when he's not at the top of the QB's progressions, then he's doing fine.

Last edited:

Whoa. :D How do pats fans feel about this? Are your panties in a bunch? LOL http://ledger.southofboston.com/articles/2007/11/29/sports/sports02.txt

Of course, Moss has been held in check before and bounced back with big games. He was quiet against the Redskins (3-47) and then savaged the Colts (9-145) the next week. Still, Jaworski said Moss’ showing against the Eagles would tip the scales in Owens’ favor if he had to pick one of the superstars to be on his team right now.

‘‘Before Sunday night’s game I would have taken Randy Moss. I just did not like some of the things I saw (against the Eagles) - the lack of a consistent effort. I never question the effort of T.O. If you made me pick one of the two, I would probably go with T.O.’’

I respect Jaws' opinion, I disagree. But the guy thinks things through and puts in some good analysis. You have to respect that. He's not some jacka** talking head looking for attention. But he is wrong in this case, IMO. Moss is far, far superior a receiver to TO.

Jaws is defineletely one of the better journalists/analysts on ESPN, arguably the best. That being said, he's being a little irresponsible by not having a disclaimer and stating that in his opinion he saw questionable effort. It would also be helpful if he acknowledged that he could be misreading Moss' actions, if for no other reason than to drive the "its only my opinion" point home. He should know this is something that the media will run with, and if this story were to unneccesarily blow up, he would hold sole responsibility.

Personally I don't give a f***. All I want is my team to win on Sunday. If they're doing that I could care less what anyone has to say. Can't be a Pats fan, especially this year and have thin skin.

I guess he didn't watch some of the earlier Dallas games where TO was dropping balls and making faces at his QB and jawing with his OC...

Jaws used to be good back in the old ESPN days when he just broke down game film clinically with his crew. But after XXXIX where he showed his Eagles homerism in the run up to that game, I understood that while he's better equipped to make post game film assessments than most, because he actually watches it and knows what is happening, he is like all of us not without bias... Jaws was among the crew that wanted desperately to give TO the MVP that night, only Tommy had other ideas. That's probably why they gave it to Deion.

I'll take the opinion of the greatest HC in the history of the league over Jaws. Thanks. :rolleyes:

This is the fouth thread that "Juice" has started on the same subject. there won't be a fifth.
He has spammed the board with the following threads:

1."Moss not in TO's league"
2."Lito shut down Moss"
3."TO more impressive than Moss"- was warned
4."I'd pick TO over Moss" fourth and last

If posters want to continue the "discussion", I left the merged thread open. But "Juice" won't be part of the discussion for a while.

this is like saying

TO is not in Moss's league..look what both did verse Jets. Moss clearly dominated compared to TO whos only valuable play was a TD ..shutdown by a rookie all game when the rookie got physical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots