PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss not in TO's league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lito shut Moss down

This is an incredibly asinine thread. "Shutting down Moss" is really equivalent to saying that Brady went with the most open target. Did the Eagles shut down the Patriots passing game? No.

The original poster is also showing selective ignorance. He should take a look at the box score from the Oct 8, 2006 game between the Eagles and Cowboys, a game won convincingly by the Eagles 38–24. In that game, T.O.'s line was 3 receptions for 45 yards, no touchdowns. A frustrating game that led him to have a widely-publicized temper tantrum. As the AP reported, "Not only did Owens not score, he didn't catch a pass until the third quarter -- then dropped the next one thrown to him, much to the delight of a frenzied crowd that showered Owens with derisive chants, insults and boos." Lito Sheppard even picked off a pass while Owens watched helplessly.

Lito is one of the best corners in the game and I've always said that if you hit Moss and Jam him at the line he can be taken out of the game. That's why I laughed when people say it's easier to take TO out of a game than Moss, It's not TO is physical and will battle any CB that challenges him. TO, 90% of the time will get off the jam and run a crossing or slant that nets him YAC. Moss can't, you see that if you're physical with Moss he can't hurt you but with TO it's more difficult because you can line him up anywhere on the field. People talk about Moss has better hands, he does, but TO has the intangibles. Heart. So when Moss can't streak down the field wide open for a TD he isn't productive. I think Moss is a great WR I just have to question the people who say he's head and shoulders better than TO, he's not, they're equally talented. Moss has hands, speed, Leaping ability, while TO has strength, Size, toughness.

When TO went up against LIto he had 10 catches, 172 yards 1 td. He was jammed at the line of scrimmage but managed to break away most of the time. He's more physical than Moss could ever be. But that blueprint is wack because the pats will go 19-0 and win the superbowl so it's actually a mute point.

TO is a great player, but he doesn't force defenses to change their schemes anymore.The Eagles success vs. Moss wasn't about Sheperd. It was about a double team of Dawkins and Sheperd, Philly's best 2 defenders, 2 pro bowl players. The Eagles and other teams usually don't double TO anymore. I'm a big fan of TO's game. Maybe after his recent success he'll see more double teams, but BB said the Cowboys best offensive player is Witten, and he was the Pats main focus, and the Jets singled a rookie, Revis, on TO much of the game. Moss is superman and TO is the green lantern.

Poster has a point, though he's exaggerating, especially if you consider the TD that was just stolen from him.

Once Moss gets in the open, he's unstoppable. Strength is not his strong suit.

Why not put him in motion, or otherwise prevent him being mugged?

Stop Moss got his a-- handed to him. :D :D Admit it.

I saw 3 replays with Moss' jersey being stretched by the defender holding onto it. No one can or ever has stopped Moss one-on-one...Next?

Poster has a point, though he's exaggerating, especially if you consider the TD that was just stolen from him.

Once Moss gets in the open, he's unstoppable. Strength is not his strong suit.

Why not put him in motion, or otherwise prevent him being mugged?

This OP starter is a Cowboys fan(like myself). Take anything he says with a grain of salt.

why do you guys even respond to trolls threads? like this? Moss isnt only the best reciever since 1998..hes the #1 intangible in a game..just ask the cowboys, they had 3 on him all game..most teams double. Juicy, your obviously a idiot if you dont see that the eagles weree tripling/doubling MOSS ALL NIGHT...heres a pic of what most of the night looked like for moss..with no calls

http://multimedia.heraldinteractive.com/images/437c88dae3_patsmain11262007.jpg

btw, his OPI is probably the worst call of the month..

This OP starter is a Cowboys fan(like myself). Take anything he says with a grain of salt.

The poster doesn't matter. It's a somewhat valid point. Yes, I did see his Jersey grabbed blatantly, but you have to face the fact that fighting one or two defenders at the line is not where we want Randy.

Posters have to get out of this stupid, "we're invincible" mind set. Any team can be beat and teams would love to take a chance on an anything but Moss scenario.

If you don't go forward, you go back. Philly gave us some lessons and we got them free (win). Let's learn from them.

The poster doesn't matter. It's a somewhat valid point. Yes, I did see his Jersey grabbed blatantly, but you have to face the fact that fighting one or two defenders at the line is not where we want Randy.

Posters have to get out of this stupid, "we're invincible" mind set. Any team can be beat and teams would love to take a chance on an anything but Moss scenario.

If you don't go forward, you go back. Philly gave us some lessons and we got them free (win). Let's learn from them.

I said this in another thread-a .500 Midgets team beat the '98 13-0 Broncos.

I agree-if anything, sometimes losses are GOOD. Heck-I was kinda glad we DID lose to you guys, b/c we were very flawed in alot of areas that needed to be cleaned up. For example, through the first 6 games, we started slow(didn't score a TD in the 1st quarter). However, since then, we've done a very good job scoring TDs on our opening drives/1st qtr.

IF, let's say, we somehow beat you guys that day, we probably would have had a hangover and lost to lowly Minny the week after-THAT would have been an OUCH!

I said this in another thread-a .500 Midgets team beat the '98 13-0 Broncos.

I agree-if anything, sometimes losses are GOOD. Heck-I was kinda glad we DID lose to you guys, b/c we were very flawed in alot of areas that needed to be cleaned up. For example, through the first 6 games, we started slow(didn't score a TD in the 1st quarter). However, since then, we've done a very good job scoring TDs on our opening drives/1st qtr.

IF, let's say, we somehow beat you guys that day, we probably would have had a hangover and lost to lowly Minny the week after-THAT would have been an OUCH!

Wait a minute, where did I say losses are good? Playing great defenses with great coaches (Philly always brings it, I have great respect for their DC), still winning and making adjustments to their tactics.

That's good.:D

Lito had saftey help over the top all night long which allowed Shepard to over play and hold moss all night long (which was quite obvious if you were in the stands).If not for a bogus PI call it would have been a very nice night for moss, besides why do you think Welker was able to tear up the philly D because Moss was say it with me now being double coverd.
Shepard is a top corner be he can't cover Moss one on one!

Lito is one of the best corners in the game and I've always said that if you hit Moss and Jam him at the line he can be taken out of the game. That's why I laughed when people say it's easier to take TO out of a game than Moss, It's not TO is physical and will battle any CB that challenges him. TO, 90% of the time will get off the jam and run a crossing or slant that nets him YAC. Moss can't, you see that if you're physical with Moss he can't hurt you but with TO it's more difficult because you can line him up anywhere on the field. People talk about Moss has better hands, he does, but TO has the intangibles. Heart. So when Moss can't streak down the field wide open for a TD he isn't productive. I think Moss is a great WR I just have to question the people who say he's head and shoulders better than TO, he's not, they're equally talented. Moss has hands, speed, Leaping ability, while TO has strength, Size, toughness.

When TO went up against LIto he had 10 catches, 172 yards 1 td. He was jammed at the line of scrimmage but managed to break away most of the time. He's more physical than Moss could ever be. But that blueprint is wack because the pats will go 19-0 and win the superbowl so it's actually a mute point.

you're right, thats why if i could only have either TO or RM on a team when the rest of WRs are average at best, i'd take TO. he's physical enough to always be a factor even when doubled. RM only shines when there's at least one other big name WR to take the heat off him, like Chris Carter in Minnesota. When Porter got suspended in Oakland RMs stats got suspended too

I don't think it's as simple as that. I think it has more to do with BB being able to adapt his game plan to take advantage of what the opponent is giving them. I'm not sure if they had any intention of throwing to a double-teamed Moss. But they sure were willing to take advantage of Welker's abilities and using Randy as a diversion.

The grinning doofuses in Dallas (both the fat one and the backwards wearing hat one) would continue to throw to TO because, well, they had to. That's what the plan says.

Dallas sticks to the gameplan and hopes for the best, the Pats are more dynamic and the gameplan will evolve as the game progresses.

LOL at people thinking he is better than TO. TO would never be b--ch slapped like that. Ha ha Lito ripped him new one. Pats fans talk about TO's drops, how many did he have against the eagles? NONE. 10 catches, 172 yards, 1 td, no drops. Moss a non factor, he was bullied. LOL

Stop making excuses, TO is more valuable to the cowboys than Moss is to the pats. IF moss didn't go to the pats you'd still win the superbowl, if the cowboys (and I Hate the cowboys as a matter of fact I think you'll matchup against the packers in the superbowl and beat they're brains out) didn't have TO they'd be 7-9. BOOk it.

LOL at people thinking he is better than TO. TO would never be b--ch slapped like that. Ha ha Lito ripped him new one. Pats fans talk about TO's drops, how many did he have against the eagles? NONE. 10 catches, 172 yards, 1 td, no drops. Moss a non factor, he was bullied. LOL

That's ok, because Welker went nuts, thanks to Moss drawing double-teams. You're really gripping for straws here, eh?

Hey Ace, how many threads are you gonna start on the subject? What are you TO's agent........ As BB would say, He don't play for us, so STFU and leave us alone.

You should watch them more and check out their careers. Moss had a drop last week but over his career, and this season, he has had a lot less than Owens who's generally near the league lead in drops. If you want to use a sample size of one game, though, I guess you're right :rolleyes:

Are you really "laughing out loud" over this? Moss was double- and triple-teamed all night, which freed up Welker to snag a career-high 13 balls. It's a team game last time I checked, Go play in traffic, troll.

TO is more impressive than Moss

TO is having a great season with a solid but inconsistent Qb (by the way I don't think Romo is that good) and no other weapons beside him besides Witten. TO is double covered and still killing teams. Moss should be catching 25 tds and compiling 1, 600 yards because he has a great QB like Tom brady, wes walker, ben watson, dontae stallworth, etc. Give TO tom brady and he'd be ripping it up right now. What TOis doing is more impressive because he doesn't have a team loaded with weapons like MOss does. Deion sanders hit the nail on the head, "if Moss goes to a team that has other featured players he will flourish (vikings, pats) but if he goes to a team where he's the focal point( raiders) he struggles. TO can go to any team and instantly make them better, he can carry a team, I've seen him do it." Realest words ever spoken byu deion sanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back