Welcome to PatsFans.com

Moss most talented Patriot ever?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Ahriman, May 1, 2007.

1. Ahriman

Ahriman Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I've been debating with myself on whether or not this is the case. Perhaps someone else can help settle this for me. :)

Just from a raw talent standpoint, is Randy Moss at the top of the list? Consider for a moment that this player, assuming he gets his act together, still has a good chance to share a small piece of the title of best receiver in NFL history with Jerry Rice. So, going by physical tools and sheer ability, what say you?

And if you feel this is blasphemous, don't hold back. :D

2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +480 / 11 / -7

#91 Jersey

If he got back to say his 2003 form yea probley,does defense count? Mike Haynes would be up there if it did. Or Tippet who could single-handidly take over a game. Also as far as greatest receive goes no one ever considers the guys who played in the sixties, or seventies when 15 to 25 passes a game was considered average or above now thats a half. I believe Harold Jackson had 800 catches while playing in that era.

Last edited: May 1, 2007
  3. Ahriman

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

All Patriots players past or present count. Tippet was a beast -- deserves to be the in Hall of Fame. Not sure I'd put him on an overall talent level with Moss, but he's definitely up there. No doubt about it.

4. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +480 / 11 / -7

#91 Jersey

As I'm sitting here at work I to believe Tippet should easily be in the hof. He had better stats then LT, and was dominant in his era,but when I realy think about it Moss is a FREAK,or was a freak I don't think Tippet is quit in the same class as Moss so you are probley correct.

5. AirForcePatFan

AirForcePatFan Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes, but I will only consider him the best Patriot receiver if he's been here a few years, or if he retires as a Patriot... One year doesn't count... Sorry...

6. Ahriman

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh, I definitely don't consider him the best Patriots receiver because he hasn't done squat here. I'm just talking about talent/ability. :)

Last edited: May 1, 2007
  7. SaCaCh

SaCaCh Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

Well John Hannah is considered by many to be the best Guard that ever played, so I would say no.